Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Common threads: sibling position

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Common threads: sibling position

From time to time I start noticing patterns and then just flat out ask about them. So the common things that I was that most of us have older siblings and I was wondering if the order of you birth has anything to do with a person's susceptibility to cding.

So the questions are: are you first born, second born etc? Also, if you were not first born, is one of your older sibs a girl?

Finally, unrelated question but are you Ambidextrous? Can you use both hands for things or are you strictly one handed at things? (this question has to do with functionality of the brain)
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I am last born with 17 years difference between myself and my next brother. So I am a quasi only. No sister and and I am right handed. Also my favorite color is clear and my lucky number is 0.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

[SIZE="4"]I am the middle of 3 children with an older sister and younger brother. I being the only cross dresser in the family that I know of. I'm right handed in everything I do.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm an only child.

I'm ambidextrous with a leaning to be right-handed as a male, but Tina clearly favors her left hand!

this has been asked before and the consensus was, it really doesn't matter but maybe a few more firstborns. Handedness didn't matter either with a normal cross section of rights vs lefts. One thread indicated CD's may be more artistic while another said analytical.

I am the oldest, there were three boys in my family one of each. I shoot pool left handed and eat fast food left handed (so I can hold my drink in my right), otherwise I am right handed.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    I'm the oldest of three sons. And, as far as I know, neither of my two brothers have any cd'ing tendencies. I am naturally right-handed, however, I can do anything with my left hand including writing. Although, my left hand is slightly less adept at some things.

Youngest of 3. Both older siblings are sisters. 7-8 year age difference between them and me
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I have seen some articles that suggest each new kid a parent has, the higher the chance the kid will be gay. However I don't recall these articles taking step-children into accout. And while I don't think they mentioned transgender issues either.
    My personal thoughts are the order of birth doesn't have much to do it. There are millions of things being developed, and millions of functions and wires tied together as fetus develops. And since nature hardly has a pattern of normality and is far from producing perfect specimens, I think someone being however they are is just the result of the extremely complexed process of life forming, however the egg and sperm united and the DNA joined, fused, merged, body parts developed, more genetic fusing and splitting, and so on.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Two older brothers and one younger sister.

I am the eldest of two boys. Raised as a girl for 5 years since Mom wanted a girl. So one might say I was an early starter. Born a leftie and raised a rightie. I can do most things either way equally poorly.

Edy

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have an older sister! And I am somewhat ambidextrous, but basically righthanded! I don't think either of these have anything at all to do with the fact that I am a CD!! My sisters panties did have a lot to do with it though!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I am the third born, but there is almost 9 years and 13 years separating me from my two sisters. That would make me more like an only child. Also my Dad was not a strong influence in my life. I am left handed and very ambidextrous, which helps when it comes to working with your hands. I had the opportunity to participate in a psychiatic study on lefthandedness years ago and it was very interesting. I spent time going through many tests and found it very interesting in understanding the why's and wherefore's as to if people are left handed.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Platinum Member
    there is research suggesting that the more older male siblings a person has (in direct line, not alternating male and female) the more likely for that individual to have feminine traits - regardless of their genetic sex. It seems that there is something hormonal remnant from the preceeding male births that influences subsequent male births. In my case, I was born after five male siblings! And no, I'm not even remotely ambidextrous.

I'm the first - and eldest - of three children (almost five years between me and my sister, seven between me and my brother). I'm ambidextrous, and write primarily with my right hand (I can write with the left, but much more slowly) and do pretty much everything else left-handed. So far as I know, I'm the only CD in the family.
    "Poor is the man who's pleasures depend upon the permission of another."
    - Madonna

I have a brother 3 years older, and I'm ambidextrous. He wears pantyhose and high heels but I think he got it from me because he always copies what I do.

A am ambidextrous, and have three older sisters - (have done a lot of shopping in my early years) can write with either hand frontwards or backwards at the same time and am somewhat dyslexic..............Debra

I have an older brother, but no other siblings. As far as I know he doesn't dress. I am left-handed, but prefer to do some things right-handed: play guitar (workmanly), putt (averagely) and bat (poorly).

There could be something to this, but the problem is there are too many reasons for dressing. Are you compiling statistics on CDers that want to transition? That are Gay? That are into it for fetish reasons? Or those that just feel a female side and want to express it? It's almost a certainty that the different facets are subject to different influences, there are probably some connections, but trying to dig them out through a forum poll is likely to lead to misunderstandings.

I am the youngest of three boys, my brother closest in age is 13 years older than me, so I was raised as an only child.

I do pretty much everything right handed, but I tend to favor my left hand for knives and I can shoot a pistol left handed if I have to.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schatten Lupus View Post
    I have seen some articles that suggest each new kid a parent has, the higher the chance the kid will be gay. However I don't recall these articles taking step-children into accout. And while I don't think they mentioned transgender issues either.
    My personal thoughts are the order of birth doesn't have much to do it. There are millions of things being developed, and millions of functions and wires tied together as fetus develops. And since nature hardly has a pattern of normality and is far from producing perfect specimens, I think someone being however they are is just the result of the extremely complexed process of life forming, however the egg and sperm united and the DNA joined, fused, merged, body parts developed, more genetic fusing and splitting, and so on.
    It's funny, I don't recall this thread saying anything about being gay. Nor have I reached any scientific conclusions. Merely a hypothesis which may be proven or disproven depending on the evidence given. Besides it would be presumptuous for anyone to think that just taking a cross section of the people on this board would be bassis for all of humunity let alone America or even a small society such as ours here in this community. I think you have the wrong idea about what is being asked.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings:

I am the oldest of seven (five boys and two girls), right handed and, too my knowledge, am the only one that dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

I'm the third child out of four, one older sister, the rest of us are all boys. While my older brother taught me to swing a bat, and he was right handed, so I bat that way, everything else I do I am left handed 100 %. Briana, your right about it being to complex to come up with any real answers from such an unscientific random question, but fun to ruminate on.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    It's funny, I don't recall this thread saying anything about being gay. Nor have I reached any scientific conclusions. Merely a hypothesis which may be proven or disproven depending on the evidence given. Besides it would be presumptuous for anyone to think that just taking a cross section of the people on this board would be bassis for all of humunity let alone America or even a small society such as ours here in this community. I think you have the wrong idea about what is being asked.
    I was pointing out in other areas, there is some search into the order of siblings. But I think with all the other theories, for being gay, transgender, ambidextrous, or whatever, we don't yet know enough in genetics to really grasp a good enough concept if sibling order really has anything to do with it.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Right handed--although I shoot a bow and arrow left handed. I am the middle of three sons. 18 months younger than my older brother.

I am an only child. I was born lefty but forced righty which my late, great mom explained "would give me a better life" All that did was make my right hand klutzy and my left hand pretty useless.