Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common threads: sibling position

Silver Member
    I am an only (and was also premature), I would have been the first born followed by a sister and then a brother had they not been stillborn. I am primarily right handed, though I can perform electrolysis both ways.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 08-16-2011 at 02:40 PM.

One older sister! Three older brothers! Two younger brothers! And two younger sisters!
    Only one left handed!!
    Last edited by Cynthia Anne; 08-16-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Like Jennifer, I am the middle of three boys, and right-handed, altho I shovel snow and paddle a canoe left-handed.

One older brother by three years. Right handed for most everything except plucking my left eyebrow.

I'm the youngest of 11. I had 5 brothers (closest one in age is 10 years, the three oldest are gone) and have 5 sisters (three of which are between me and the closest brother). None of my brothers CD that I know of.

I write and eat with my left but throw with my right. When I catch anything, it's with the hand that gets there the quickest.
    Last edited by Rachel Mari; 08-17-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: placed missing words

I'm an only child. My mother was also an only child.

- Diane

I did read a book about the differences between first, second born children and how placement tended to affect their temperments as they grew up.
    Such as; when the first born is of one sex and the second born is of the other sex, they would both be considered first born. It also said that if there is a big enough gap between the first born and second born of the same sex (I seem to remember something like six or eight years difference) then the second born is really a first born for their particular placement in the birth order.
    I read it about 20 years ago and it was an interesting book. Coming from a large family, some of it made sense and some didn't.

I'm the elder of 2. Haven't heard from my sis in 6 years, and don't even knowwhere she is in Fl. I'm ambidexterous to a point, pretty much everything except writing too much with my left.

I am the oldest of 3 boys, no sisters. To my knowledge, I'm the only cross-dresser in the family. Mom always wanted a girl - she loved it when I "dressed up" for Halloween. I'm right handed, but like Lorileah I shoot pool mostly left handed - it's just more natural feeling to me. I taught myself to be ambidextrous when I was younger due to an accident that left me unable to use my right arm for several months while it healed. I've never really thought about Andrea being a lefty - I suppose she could be with some practice although most of her writing is typed/keyboarded on HER IPad these days.

I am the youngest of 6, the 2 oldest are my sister's then 3 older brothers. The second oldest is who I "borrowed" my clothes from.
    I write with my right hand but can use both for most everything else.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    4th of 4 with 13.5 years between me and closest sibling. Order of girl, boy, girl, me. I'm ambidexterous (I consider the test to be eating tomatoe soup with a spoon in either hand and NOT spill any) but favor my right hand for fine control (writing, plucking eyebrows, etc.). My father is left handed and I'm 99% sure he dresses too. Don't know of any other CDs in the family.

Hi All,
    I am the youngest of two - an older sister by three years. I think my CDing would have been later in life if I had not had an older sister. I don't think I could have worn my mother's clothes. Having a sister gave the opportunity to have more age appropriate clothes.
    Love to All
    LoriAnn

First born, left-handed, so was my mother.

I am the youngest. I have 3 older brothers and no sisters. I am right handed. Hope this helps. Hugs. Cindy.

I have an older sister only, she is less than 2 years older than I.
    I was able to use either hand equally as well until I was forced to pick one in school, now I just use my right hand and have very poor writting.

One older sister, two younger ones. I started wearing their clothes when I was about 12 years old. So many neat things!! I am the daughter my mother never had. I do most everything right handed, except drumming, which takes both of them.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Anyone else have siblings?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am the eldest of three i have two younger sisters one of them is 2 years younger the other 9 years younger than me, i tend to be right handed in most things i do.

first and right handed. interesting question you've raised

I'm the last of 5 children,spread out over several marriages and years apart
    My closest sibling is my sister 6 yrs.older
    My closest brother is 17 yrs older
    I was pretty much raised as an only child as my sister dot married and moved out when I was 11

Right handed but I am creative and use that side of my brain

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    I have one brother 18 months younger then me was born left handed but forced early on to be right handed can do very little with left hand now. One sister who was adapted 4-5 years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IT'S EITHER WE FIGHT OR WE DIE!

7th out of 8. 5 girls, 3 boys in that order. I probably watched more beauty pageants in my formative years than most boys. I shared a bedroom with my older brother and 2 of my sisters until I was 10 years years old. I learned to ride a bicycle on a girls bike (with 2 of my sisters helping). Plenty of girls clothes around. I grew up right handed and left eyed, I wasn't very good in sports.

I am the youngest of three. I am somewhat but not fully ambidextrious.