Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closet CDS: Do u have to hide your things from family and friends in your own home?

It seems like a lot of you have the luxury of not having to hide your clothes. I am so envious of you. I have tol my SO about my dressing and she is totally against it. I have brought it up a couple of times and it has just sparked arguments. I feel bad having to dress behind her back but I feel the escape is necessary on occasion. I hide my clothings,wigs,shoes etc in some old shoe boxes at the top of our closet. She never goes to get anything up there and it is high enough that she can't reach. I know one day I'll be found out whether it be her snooping and finding it or her just coming home one day to catch me still en femme. Until I have a better arrangement this is all I can do
    Be Yourself

My wife knows I crossdress, but doesn't want to deal with it. I respect that, so I keep it out of her face. I keep my stuff all put away in a few suitcases, and some large storage boxes that I keep on a shelf out in the garage. That which is in season stays in my closet along with my "girl kit". None of it is hidden deeply, so if my wife really wants to find it all, it's there. But she stays out of my things, and we don't have any problems with it all. I keep it just out of sight, and she seems fine with that.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Interesting thread. I am totally closeted. (no pun intended)That being said-I have grown children. I have actually started hanging things in 1 of the closets. I am sure it will be sooner rather than later they will snoop around and discover it. Guess I am developing an attitude(this is my life) You know I blame all of you people on this site for this. hehehe

I hide my wigs and makeup from my teenage granddaughter and keep my bras and panties in my own dresser. The skirts, blouses and dresses as well as shoes are kept in my own closet. Since my wife is aware of my crossdressing, there is no reason to hide anything else.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Polari View Post
    Ooooppss! Forgot the closet!
    Also forgot to tell that should anything brings you down to Sao Paulo I can make the apt available to you. Just drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by FrillyShelly View Post
    I'm in the closet to everyone I know. So I have to hide everything, which really sucks. All my girly clothes are also very girly & frilly so there's no hiding in plain sight !!
    I'm similar to FrillyShelly in this regard. Though, I haven't explored deep enough to have the frilly clothes... I am very in the closet to nearly everyone... only a small handful of people know. Since I do still live at home I have a wooden box, used to be used by my sister for her massive Archie Comics collection, and I retrofitted a lock onto it. In this box I keep all of my feminine undergarments, and my few toys. Dressing is done at 2/3 in the morning in the bathroom, doors locked. (And panties under the pants as often as possible.)

Everything is hidden, and it's mostly undergarments, so leaving it out is a nono.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Re: Closet CDS: Do u have to hide your things from family and friends in your own home?

Oh, yes. My 24-year old daughter is living with me and neither she, nor anyone else on the face of the planet knows about my dressing. (well all of YOU know, true) My former wife never knew, and I was careful never to leave any clues. I'm still doing that today, but I have the privacy of my own bedroom if my daughter is home when I want to indulge my habit. I keep my things in my dresser, but under my other male clothes so that it's not obvious to a casual peek.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    My question to closet CDs is: If u have your own place, how difficult is it to keep your CD things from being discovered?
    [SIZE="2"]I can hide things in plain sight, too, because my rooms and numerous closets are on the second floor of the house I share with my sister – she stays on the first floor, so I can crossdress to my heart’s content upstairs, and leave everything at my fingertips. We rarely get visitors, but they would remain on the first floor as well. If my ex-girlfriend came to see me, I would box up my collection of femme finery and take it to the finished attic, which also has closets galore...

It’s not difficult at all to hide my things, since there’s virtually nobody to hide them from. Besides my CD stuff, I make it a habit of hiding most of my personal things from prying eyes, including any piece of artwork I may be working on – my studio has many images turned against the wall, or hiding in closets, waiting to “come out” some day when the time is right. I am very shy across the board, and sensitive to negative comments, no matter what they may refer to. In this way, the closet is a very special and reassuring place where I can control my realm of the senses...
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 08-17-2011 at 06:40 PM.

"Karen" has more than taken up my ex-wife's former closet and more than half of mine as well. Both closets have high heels and boots all over the floors and the shelves, while the other has wigs and styrofoam heads. Opening the closets would reveal the obvious. Furthermore, the ex's dressers are entirely full of "Karen"'s lingerie, stockings, etc.

My adult teenage son lives with me, always has, and I don't know whether he knows or not. If he does he hasn't let on. I know teens are inquisitive and curious, and it's not out of realm that he's done exploring in my room when I'm not there. I sleep as "Karen" every night, and when my son isn't home Karen can go further than the bedroom and be more relaxed around the house.

Beyond that, there really isn't anywhere to hide stuff, which wouldn't make it inconvenient when I want to wear something. It would be no fund to crawl around the extremely hot or cold attic (nor would it be great for the clothes) every time I wanted to be "Karen", which is like every day.
    Last edited by karennjcd; 08-17-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added throughts

Panties4me
    My wife knows of my "lingerie fetish". I wear panties 24/7 and have over 300prs in about six drawers in our bedroom. In those deawers over the past 12 months I have added camis and a few other items. Also in the bedroom in boxes marked "camping, gardening books" etc I have bodysuits, bras, stockings, suspenders, plastic panties, breastforms. They are so easily accessable to my wife if she were to pry. Apart from those "hiding" places, I also have a locked box in our walk-in robe and a large tool box, also locked, in my garden shed. These boxes hide the more extreme items of my crossdressing and nappy wearing. I know I could never pass or have the opportunity to go out enfemme, so outer clothes are of the menu. I often wonder what will be thought when I am no longer on this earth, and the contents of my boxes are discovered.

This is why i cant wait to get my own apartment/dorm room . I have all my clothes in an old gym bag in the back of my car.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Doc, having lived with a teen aged step daughter, I can attest to the self absorption. However, that does change as they grow up. Any concerns that as your teen daughter matures that she might suddenly become more aware and inquisitive about what's going on in the garage?
    My garage is a shambles, Kim! I don't think she'd venture in there. However, if she did and looked around, OMG! So many masks, a number of 2 part plaster head molds, breast forms made of ALL KINDS THINGS, etc.! EEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    So Doc, Let me tell you a story. Years ago (about 35 years ago) when I was a crossdresser, I kept my stuff in a large red trunk at the foot of the bed. It was ALWAYS locked and pretty sturdy.

I was visiting my daughter about 10 years ago when the subject of that red trunk came up in conversation. "Oh yeah", she said, "Dave (her brother) and I broke into that trunk. We were really disappointed 'cause all that was in it were some old women's clothes."

Some teenagers are a bit more inquisitive than we might like to think. Mine were.

Stephie
    This an eye opening post for me, Steph! What if my daughter ACTUALLY KNOWS? And, just doesn't give a darn?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Polari View Post
    My problem is not to hide things from my people for I have a small apartment downtown Sao Paulo, in a very friendly area, just for my fem stuffs.
    Problem is to hide papers, bills and stuffs of that apartment from my wife.
    I've been successful so far. Guess for how long?
    I'm posting some pics of my flat.
    That the NEATEST apartment I've ever seen, Marcia! It looks perfect! I'll NEVER understand how anyone can live like that! But, I REALLY WISH I could!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    My garage is a shambles, Kim! I don't think she'd venture in there. However, if she did and looked around, OMG! So many masks, a number of 2 part plaster head molds, breast forms made of ALL KINDS THINGS, etc.! EEEK!

This an eye opening post for me, Steph! What if my daughter ACTUALLY KNOWS? And, just doesn't give a darn?

That the NEATEST apartment I've ever seen, Marcia! It looks perfect! I'll NEVER understand how anyone can live like that! But, I REALLY WISH I could!
    Doc sweetie
    Thanks for the kind comments on my place.
    As I said, although unlikely, anyone here who may need by any chance a place to stay in Sao Paulo, please be my guest. I only use the place very seldom, once a week at most.
    Last edited by Marcia Polari; 08-18-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I only live with my teen daughter part time and she's clueless!

My question to closet CDs is:
    If u have your own place, how difficult is it to keep your CD things from being discovered?

I had almost the same scenario with my daughter! Talk about being self-absorbed! It is typical and age appropriate behavior. As of last week, I no longer have those issues. My daughter left for her first year of college last Thursday

But I guess I was always a "natural" at this "spy" stuff. I started when I was a very young and dangerously curious child. The access trap door to the house crawlspace was located in my bedroom closet floor. I had an entire "fort" built under the house for several years. I even had a secret escape exit through the ventilation grates in the foundation. I was a real piece of work as a kid.

It just flourished over the years with my curiosity and quest for exploration. Yes, I am now in the "hide-n-seek" business for real. Go figure, eh?

I have a secret 24x60x60 room built into the space between the shared wall of my office and bedroom. It also has copper mesh on the walls (faraday cage,lol).

Yep, I am pretty good at it. But no longer have the necessity for most of the concealment, as I now live alone everyday of the week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]