Thread: Ego-Boosting Compliments are Awesome!

Ego-Boosting Compliments are Awesome!

Just had to relay this experience...

I was out and about recently on a Saturday morning. My outfit was a simple fuchsia top, jeans, and a cute pair of heels.

As I walked along the sidewalk of a shopping center toward the entrance of a Kohl's store, I noticed a woman coming through the parking lot. It was apparent that she would be right behind me as we arrived at the door.

I was just hoping to not be noticed. Once inside the store she said "excuse me". I turned around, and she started telling me how well she thought my jeans fit, and how great they looked! I was floored, and didn't know quite what to say, but thanked her for the compliment.

I think she realized as soon as I turned around that I was a guy, but she still complimented me and was very polite. It was pretty awesome!

Anyone else receive unsolicited compliments while out and about?

Congratulations, Tricia! Those kinds of moments are the best!

Usually when those moments happen we're too floored to do more than stammer some thanks. But the women you've complimented lately seem to have responded to you in the girl-to-girl manner which is to say "Thanks!" and then to go on to say where you got them, etc. One reason the woman complimented you is because she thought that they looked so good on you that she wanted to try a pair too!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Good point about how women responded in my other post! I didn't put two and two together. I'll make sure I mention where I got the item if I ever get a compliment like that again.

Any compliment is awesome bit the fact she realized you were a man and still did it so politely is just tits
    Be Yourself

I'm not positive she recognized I was a crossdresser. She just paused a moment when I turned around. She might have just been gathering her thoughts.

Yes, fortunately, I have had the joy of receiving compliments! It is good for this woman's ego!
    Hugs, Carole

I agree that those unexpected compliments on how well we look, how nice our nails are, or our shoes, slacks or jewelry are just seem to make the moment even more special. The compliments can come for a lot of reasons, some true from the heart and others a combination. It doesn't really matter, they still are all nice. I get them, enjoy them and hope they still keep coming.

I never get compliments like that!! got to be because I always wear skirts or dresses? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I'm still early in my public experience, so when I get a compliment, part of me immediately doubts that its sincere. Still, I immediately say thanks. Even with my doubts, it still feels good.