Thread: Compulsion?

Compulsion?

Many of us here (including myself) feel compelled to crossdress. By definition COMPULSION is defined as: an irresistible persistent impulse to perform an act (as in crossdressing.) Their are those here who wish they did not have this compulsion and others who embrace it as a gift. Society does not cast us in the best light... many have ridicule us , nor do they seek to understand us. The point I'm trying to make is there are far more serious compulsions than ours. We could have a compulsion for: drugs, alcohol, gambling, food, video games, shopping, exercise and the list goes on. There are other compulsions that would revolt us all, but they exist! So my friends, I feel good that this is my complusion.you...how about you?

I try to make lemonade from my lemons. So far this is really good lemonade!

I agree, I will take lingerie over all the rest!

Lingerie, dresses, shoes, makeup, gg jeans . . . just to name a few of mine.

What, we are only allowed one compulsion? Does that mean I have to give back the Alcohol,gambling and drugs if I want to continue to dress? Or do I have to quit dressing if I want to drink and do drugs? Now I'll be worried about it the rest of the day. But I stop hating the compulsion to dress years ago, I'm not glad about it, "normal" would be nice, but I accepted it as just who I am, and really don't think about it that much, I just do it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I am a compulsive... And I know it and I also know it won't go away so I embraced it and moved forward... To do anything else would put me into a mental tailspin towards oblivion... Imho

And I have different compulsions of the week! This weeks its corsets....
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I can't quit shopping enfeme! Loving it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's my ONLY compulsion! And, they only one I seem to have had in my life. I'm MORE WORRIED about the COMPULSION to dress than I am the dressing itself!

It makes me feel sorry for the many others with compulsions that destroy their health and lives!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I was about to hit the "back" button and not respond to this thread, but then I wondered if what I feel is compulsion, and if so, just what is the compulsion. One day I was just a "normal" guy, and the next day I was standing there in front of my wife in lingerie and platforms with her telling me we really needed to buy me a dress. It was a switch that was thrown and life changed.

So what is my compulsion. After giving it a bit of time it occurs to me that my compulsion with Tina is probably my biggest compulsion in either gender: curiosity. After all, how could I have been living with this feminine side for so many years without having a clue? Now that I know, I wonder just who she is. I wonder how she has affected my life, how she affects it now, and what is to come. I wonder why it is that someone who didn't even like to get dressed up at Halloween suddenly enjoys presenting as a woman! Frankly, I wonder about everything Tina does, and what she will do next. I wonder why her likes and dislikes don't always parallel those of my male self. I wonder why Tina is so shy and self conscious when she uses her truly femme voice.

The list can go on and on. Curiosity is clearly my compulsion, and it drives me to make a life for Tina.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    You use the word compulsion, others might say addictive behavior. My compulsion is lingerie, it is not to expensive, and gets recycled through the laundry regularly. I see a down side to; drugs, alclohol, gambling, etc, so what is the down side to lingerie? I don't really care what others think, so if someone else finds out about me, so what.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Well at least the CD compulsion is not fattening like the one for chips and beer!

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    It was a switch that was thrown and life changed.
    It is nearly the same with alcoholics, for example.

That first bit of drinking flips a switch that then compels them to drink more. Until they had those first drinks, they were only predisposed to be alcoholics, as the switch wasn't thrown yet.
    DonnaT