Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not your first, but your favorite

Not your first, but your favorite

There have been lots of great replies to what was your first article of women's clothing you wore, and like many, it was my mom's stuff. Usually white, usually something simple, but so memorable.

But what was your first favorite item? It was not until I was a little older (and bolder I guess), that I tried on my best friend's older sister's matching bra and panties. They were always left drying in the bathroom or some other convenient place.

I was probably 10-11 years old at the time. What made it special was that they were light blue and had a small embroidered pink rose on the center of the bra and panties. Moving into the world of color from a white lingerie world was amazing. And wearing lingerie that actually fit perfectly back then was the best. Visiting my friend's house was a target rich environment. (And yes, I have my own things now.)

Last edited by Karren H; 08-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

HI B.E.G. Isn't it interesting how much difference a touch of color makes. In the past all of my lingerie was boring white or moonlight mist or other boring shades. Now Vanity Fair has come out with three pairs of pastel

colored panties and I immediately ordered some. Maybe too many. Naah, there is no such thing as too many panties.

Vieja

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Mine was a favorite pair of black strqappy high heeled sandals...They weren't extreme probably 3 1/2 to 4" in height...but they fit very well and were the first pair of heels I ever spent any significant amount of time in.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I had a pair of four inch heels that I loved to there death!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess my favorite piece of feminine clothing was a pair of satin panties! I now am the proud owner of at least 100 pair of satin panties, in every color you can think of plus a few white ones!! As Vieja said, there is no such thing as too many panties! Except when you are trying to decide which ones to wear!! I probably own somewhere between 3 and 400 hundred pairs of panties. But then, I do sometimes wear more than one pair in a day!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Two items for me. A black knee length pencil skirt that zipped up the back, and later a pair of black suede 3" heeled ankle boots with side zips. LOL, I got a lot of compliments on my legs with both! : )

My favorite has always been full body briefer. Ever since I stepped into that first one and pulled those straps up over my shoulders, feeling that spandex/satin tightness holding my whole torso tightly. I have been in love with body briefers. I am always looking for new colors and styles to wear.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Interesting question. Of course I love wearing heels. Love wearing a wig. Love the clothing and make up. But, I am not complete until I wear my forms and the feeling that goes with them in a bra or attached directly to my skin. So they have to be my #1 item.

I do prefer colored panties, my favorites are yellow or gold, but I tend to stick to black, as I can pass them off as men's in the locker room.

My favorite was probably the first complete outfit I managed to put together when I was still a teen.

After the occasional skirt or pair of panties, I eventually collected everything I needed to fully dress, and even after all these years I think I put together a pretty nice outfit.

It started with matching bra/panties under sheer stockings, then was finished off with a knee-length pleated green tartan skirt and a white blouse that was just thin enough that I could see some outline of the bra through it. All of this was finished off with a pair of 'Mary Janes' and a bit of jewelry.

That outfit went away the only time I ever purged (when I thought I was 'done' with crossdressing after getting married). All I have left of it is memories, no photos.

Looking back now, I suspect that with the long hair I had and my build at the time I was probably passable... but I was too nervous to even try back then.

"Runner up" outfit, as with Karen, has to be my wedding dress. I found it at a thrift store, full of lace and bead work and wore it with a very full petticoat. A few years ago, I wore it (with white heels and pantyhose) for over 6 hours out on the town one halloween, then another 3-4 hours at a party. Taking it off at the end of that day was very difficult
    Last edited by Cristi; 08-18-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

My first fave items were an orange mini skirt with a small checked pattern and an orange sleeveless knit sweater. It was my sisters. Putting that on and just sitting on the side of the bed was the most comforting thing I could do at that time. It just felt SO right!

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynt21 View Post
    My first fave items were an orange mini skirt with a small checked pattern and an orange sleeveless knit sweater. It was my sisters. Putting that on and just sitting on the side of the bed was the most comforting thing I could do at that time. It just felt SO right!
    And it looks like you still love orange!!

A denum dress. I wore the snot out of that thing, and I still have it, although it has become 2 sizes to big for me now.

A denum dress. I wore the snot out of that thing, and I still have it, although it has become 2 sizes to big for me now.

I have a lot of "favorites", items that I'd hate to do without. But my absolute favorite is my beige pointelle sweater dress. When I wear it, I'm just steeped in femininity, and I absolutely love it. I've never seen another quite like it, and I'll probably never have another even close to it. I just wish I had the perfect figure to wear it all the time. Ah, well....I'm working on it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Eyed Girl
    But what was your first favorite item?
    [SIZE="2"]My first favorite item was a plaid (tartan) skirt made by Michelle. I found it on the first shopping excursion for my femme self, just hanging there in the Miss’s section, waiting for me to come along. I wore this skirt everywhere because it fit well and moved just-so – I think the numerous pleats were sewn down somewhat. It was about 23” in length, a rayon blend, red plus green in color but reading as red from a distance. I really loved it; in fact I would call it “Michelle,” as if I was in the company of a dear friend...

I wish I had a photo of it, but it's just a memory now...
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Interesting question. Of course I love wearing heels. Love wearing a wig. Love the clothing and make up. But, I am not complete until I wear my forms and the feeling that goes with them in a bra or attached directly to my skin. So they have to be my #1 item.
    My forms made me feel far more complete as a woman. Another item, my new favorite, one that really makes me feel confident is my new wig.

A pair of tights my older sister gave me.

I agree that i love when panties and bra have that rose or very lacy. For me something about the pattern on the lace on a slip drive's me crazy. On the weekend i went to a wedding and it was very hot, a woman in front of me was eating outside and i was behind her, she turned to her friend and said it's hot out here and she grabbed her skirt and lifted it up to her thigh. To my surprise she was wearing a slip that just isn't seen anymore. I couldn't stop looking at the lace on the bottom of the slip. My wife caught on to what i was looking at and said to me, you only like that because you love the way slips feel and they are very fem.

my absolute fave outfit ever was the little red dress i borrowed from a friend.. i felt so luxurious in it.
    Be Yourself

Mine have been shoes. First a pair black leather ankle boots lined with sheep fur from Aerosoles. They are in need of heel pad. Also Dansko heeled black leather clogs. I spent effort on both pairs repairing them to make them last longer. I shouldn't have any trouble replacing the Dansko. But the Aerosoles is a one off.

Silver Member
    My first complete set of matching lingerie, panties, panty girdle, bra and full slip all in a light powder blue. I repeated the experience several more times ncluding one time with the most luxurious lace set I've ever seen.

Another was a complete outfit, brown casmeire sweater, brown A line skirt, and beatiful yellow set of lingerie. Not only did I love the outfit I drove across the country wearing that outfit with a cute platinum wig. It was in the 60s so of course I had my skirt pulled up to show my slip. Those were the day.

When my mother's aunt died in 1978, mom acquired her wardrobe. Most of the clothes were too big for mom, but she couldn't bring herself to give them away, so they hung unused in a basement closet for a long time. I appropriated a lovely purple knit dress with an asymmetrical hemline and ruched bodice from that collection and wore it, off and on, for at least ten years. I finally got rid of it because it was literally wearing out, but if I could find another one like it today, I'd buy it in a second. Aunt Emma Jane had fine taste in clothes and it really didn't matter that she was of my grandparents' generation; her stuff was timeless and classic, and fit me better than my mom's clothes did.

- Diane

Well I've got a couple of favs. The first one was lovely black top, grey skirt and grey tights with spots on them, they were my staple clothes when growing up. But my all time was a purple and black top, mid length black velvet skirt and black tights, writing this I've got a nice warm glow.