Thread: Piercing Belly Buttom

Piercing Belly Buttom

i am thinking of getting my belly button pierced, does anyone have this? was there any problems? And how do others react when they see it?

star

I have a friend that is a pro piercer.. She said that it takes a few weeks to heal, Ive been wanting to do it, but stick to glued on items for now..
    Eyes alight with glowing hair
    all that fancy paints as fair
    she takes her fan and throws it
    in the lion's den..

I so want a belly button ring. But I've had it done twice, and both times it grew out (migrating forward to where there was just a minute strip of intact skin holding it in place). I'm told this is not uncommon with this piercing. I had it done by an extremely reputable piercer at a very clean studio both times, and I have lots of other successful piercings, so I'm pretty sure this is just the way my body reacts in that particular spot, not any problem with the technique. She has said she would try it again in the bottom of the navel but it's not worth the trouble to do the top again. I may do that someday, but right now I'm having a lot of fun with corsets, so I don't want to set it up to fail.

Navel peircings take a long time to heal. Be prepared to baby it for several months. And good luck. They're definitely hot.

- Diane

Star,

I have had my navel piercing for several years. It does take quite a while to heal and the key to healing is keeping it clean. Even now I will occasionally get a crusty discharge from it. I attribute that go getting little hairs in it when I shave (face and belly). Again the cure to that is to keep it clean.

I have not had any problems with migration, but there are several different lengths of jewelery available. I started out with the standard "short" jewelery but quickly changed over the the longer jewelery which puts less pressure on the piercing.

As for people's reactions, I have not really had much reaction, but in male mode I am much more aware of when and where and in front of whom I take my shirt off.

It is worth it, though, because it is very sexy!

Good luck with yours.

Robyn

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    When I'm done loosing weight I plan on getting mine done. I've also considered my eyebrow, but considering I have oily skin and eyebrow piercings are prone to infections to begin with I doubt I get it. Maybe a nose piercing, but I don't think I could pull that one off.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

i have a clip-on belly button ring i bought at Spencers for about $8 that i wear. my girlfriend wont let me get my belly button pierced
    <3 Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by lilmissjenny View Post
    i have a clip-on belly button ring i bought at Spencers for about $8 that i wear. my girlfriend wont let me get my belly button pierced
    No I won't and whyyyyy?? Don't make me hurt you Sweetie!! LoL!!
    Good things happen to those who wait. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God! U2 are so hot/hip/fun... Well...I'm thinking of getting my tongue pierced. I have significant nipples (au natural) so maybe one. Im sure some ink isin my future too. Srry...dont mean to get off topic. Thnx... TTFN....

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    i am thinking of getting my belly button pierced, does anyone have this? was there any problems? And how do others react when they see it?

star
    I had my navel pierced years ago, I did not give it enough time to heal before swimming in a river and got it infected, that particular piercing does take long to heal, and MUST (for most people) be cleaned a couple of times a day to keep it from getting infected, the belly button is a dirt collector.

I have both ears pierced and stretched to Zero gauge, both nipples, and a Prince Albert piercing.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I have had my piercing for years. A few tips tho. 1 Clean Clean Clean. 2 Don't mess with it until it heals. it will hurt if you don't leave it alone. 3 Be aware of it when lifting things. I held something heavy and while setting it down the top of the bar bell hot hooked. That HURT!!!! 4 longer barbells are the key. Not too long and no rings until it heals. 5 it takes a while for it to heal good.
    I love it and I don't care what anyone else thinks.
    Lisa

I had mine done a couple of months ago. Like everyone said keep it clean, and don't mess with it. Let it heal several months before changing jewery. I've had nothing but positive comments on it, mostly from a few gg friends. Go for it.

i had mine done when i was 16 even before i started dressing x

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    Navel peircings take a long time to heal. Be prepared to baby it for several months. And good luck. They're definitely hot.

- Diane
    Had mine done several years ago. Not trouble at all but as the above quote says - it takes a long time to heal. I would say that up to a year later I could still clean the smallest amount of discharge from around the shaft. (sorry for how that sounds but we are adults here so take that for how I meant it.) It was mostly healed by the 6 month point. It only took a few weeks before I could no longer feel it rub the waist of my pants.

End of summer may be a great time for you to get it because swimming should be avoided while it heals. I think at the 5 or 6 month point I was finally able to change it. Keep your first adornment basic (surgical steel, nothing dangling, a ball on each end). You may decide on a gem for the first one since you can't change it for a long while. I suggest a gem embedded in the ball so there are no sharp edges. You don't want to have to change it before it is healed. Don't get something annoying that you will want to get out.

It is nothing like getting your ears pierced. A tunnel has to heal in the soft flesh of your belly. If you remove it too soon, it is extremely difficult to push it back through the exact same path. Have patience and you will be rewarded. Clean it every day - exactly as per instructions.

Finally, when I first lied down for the piercing, they talked to me as a distraction so as to surprise me when they actually poked it through. Reason to mention it though is because the stomach is a very dynamic part of your body. If you twitch a shoulder slightly to the left you belly moves with it ect. My point is that as soon as you lie on the piercing table, lie straight, flat and stay perfectly still ASAP and stay that way until it is done. Mine is good but I can notice it is slightly slanted (no one else can). I would have been more ready had they not surprised me.

Gen

Star,
    I have mine pierced and it is great. I wear a stud most of the time but when I am feeling good I have several dangling rings and they feel great. I will not reiterate what other have said about taking care of it but I pierced my navel myself and took care of it right and have had no issues.

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I'd love to get my belly button pierced, but can't convince my wife to let me. Going to have to make do with a clip on one i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn_lynn View Post
    I have a friend that is a pro piercer.. She said that it takes a few weeks to heal, Ive been wanting to do it, but stick to glued on items for now..
    mmm a few weeks??

Try about 52 weeks to heal properly. Normally takes about a year to heal and I think some of that is due to the exposed location of the piercing and the constant irritation from clothes, belt, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]