Thread: Speaking like a female

Speaking like a female

My wife said when you hear the frist words out of CD it's so much of a turn off, i would love speak more like female but don't know were to start?

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I've been using the Finding Your Female Voice program. It does help, but really a all you need is a way to record your voice and lots of time and practice.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Silver Member
    SL is right. It always surprises me that SO many crossdressers bemoan the fact that they cannot speak like a woman. Learning female sounding speech is ONLY a matter of practice. It's FREE. Buy a tape recorder (or whatever they are using now a days), and sit down to practice. Practice in the car. Listen to female radio announcers. Repeat what they say. Practice, practice, practice. How long did it take you to learn makeup? Overnight? Of course not. How long did it take you to learn how to put an outfit together? Overnight? Of course not. And yet you think you can learn to talk like a woman overnight? Sorry. You can't.

Listen. Women are not BORN talking like that. We LEARN it. We listen, we repeat, we listen, we repeat. For YEARS. It won't take you years, 'cause you are an adult (hopefully) and have some learning skills. But it still takes practice. Could you learn French overnight? Of course not. But you COULD learn French. All it takes is practice. You CAN learn to talk like a woman. And best of all, it's free. Unlike those Manolo Blahnik pumps you've been lusting after.

Stephie

Learning to sound like a woman is one instance where talking to yourself (practicing) is a good thing!

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    Buy a tape recorder (or whatever they are using now a days), and sit down to practice.
    I use a microphone that I plug into my computer. The microphone only cost eight bucks, and you can find good recording software for free.
    Because it can't be emphasized enough, I'll state it again: You have to practice. Just like any other skill, you will not get it on your first day. You won't skillfully play an instrument on your first day, you won't sculpt magnificent clay sculptures your first day, and you won't even bowl a perfect game on your first day. This is said not to discourage you, but to remind you it takes time so you don't get discouraged. Even other vocal techniques take time. It takes time to develop a passable accent, starting with what sounds very sloppy, to something that sounds like your trying, and finally being able to pass as a native speaker. Singing at certain notes takes time to learn, and even metal vocalist must practice and learn to scream and growl without hurting their vocal cords. You will not get it in a day, you won't get in a week, and probably not even a month. It will take many months, but once you get it you won't forget how and you can switch to it on command or only a few syllables to make the adjustment.
    And another thing that is just as important as practice is self honesty. If you don't sound female then just admit it. We all know someone who thinks they can sing really good, but they actually just suck. The same goes for transgender people. Many MtF think they have a good voice, but it sounds too high pitched and nasally, or it fits the "gay drag queen" stereotype. This is were a recorder comes in handy and is a must. We don't always hear ourselves as we actually sound. And if the voice you hear played back doesn't sound female, there is no shame in admitting it doesn't and keep on going.
    Last edited by Schatten Lupus; 08-19-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

If you have a smart phone there are tons of free recorder apps, I record in the car on the way to work.
    The bottom line is practice utube has some stuff too. You just can't practice 10 minutes before going out

Every day like the violin!!!

If you have a smart phone there are tons of free recorder apps, I record in the car on the way to work.
    The bottom line is practice utube has some stuff too. You just can't practice 10 minutes before going out

Every day like the violin!!!

it truly is one of the most difficult processes in transition or in fact doesn't have to be a transition, unless you are gifted with tonality which is closer to that of f3emale range. For me, the original voice was in the baritone and near bass, so to get from there to here is an ongoing struggle. So far 5 months and I can be a female over the phone if I truly pay attention to every bit of pronunciation and tonality otherwise I just relax and fall towards male yet already way softer resonance. I find speech the most trying of transition, even harder then obtaining female body, electrolysis, movement and mannerisms.