Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What lessons have you learned from the forum?

What lessons have you learned from the forum?

Just to prove I can submit a short post (btw, it's not easy), and given all of the lessons I have learned lately, I am interested to know - what is the single most important, profound, and/or life-changing lesson you have learned from this forum? Btw, not including this sentence, my post is only one sentence long!

I'm .....I'm speechless!

The most important thing I have learned from this forum is that I'm not alone in this world as a crossdresser. I'm normal, and that led to self-acceptance.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

WOW girl friend! I am waiting for the 'rest of the story'!ha,ha! I think learning that there are so many more like me has been a life changeing lesson for me! More then any thing else!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It's not so much what I have learned in these pages but instead, it's been the friendships I have built. These friendships transcend the TG thing to include those common bonds of life situations and experiences that are worth their weight in gold in building lasting relationships.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Marla stated the most important part for me. The element of total acceptance that I have always been and will be a crossdresser has changed my entire outlook on my life. Instead of hiding the fact I am embracing it, and all the benefits of learning from my sisters on this forum has dramaticly increased my confidence and attitude to improve this wonderful artform.

Michelle

I have learned that most people here seem to take their CDing and life in general much more seriously than I do. Maybe that is a natural process that occurs when you grow up. Fortunately for me, I will never find out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have learned not to piss off Tamara.... Again... I've learned I must me management material because I glaze over after reading 3 sentences... I learned to use my Blackberry spell check... I've learnt more but that's 3........
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The lessions leraned are that I am not alone and that there are others like me. It has lead to self accetpance and that I no longer live in fear of being discovered. Learning how to live with it and not have crossdressing blow life life apart.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    The major thing that I have learned from this forum is that there are a lot of crossdressers in this world!!!

Anne, a single sentence yes, but one an English teacher would criticize!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I've tried to teach more than I've learned. I want people to realize that they're taking things WAY too seriously and that CDing is nothing more than a fun activity/hobby like any other.

Doesn't seem to be sticking though.

I think it has been positive reinforcement. I tend to be more daring and outgoing; now that I know others have had such fun and success. I don't think I would have gone to Ulta on my own, got the frequent shopper card, and used my coupons they mail me bi-weekly; if I didn't realise I'm not the only guy who did this stuff. I just haven't been daring enough to do DSW on my own, there's always a ton of guys there... :/

ALSO. Seeing the photo gallery, and clothing ideas has definitely upped my game. I need to do updated photos sometime...

Well most importantly I Have learned that there are others like me. Also not to take myself to seriously. Its not the end of the world its just a Guy in a dress.
    Desa.
    [SIZE="1"]Quote of the week! "This badger on a stick stuff is going to have to stop! [/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66137661@N05/

Aspiring Member
    I am new to the forum. My first impression, the commitment by so many to be who they are. It is encouraging me to push on.

Kitty

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Wearing a dress is not enough for a friendship. And, to not get in a battle of wit with a nitwit.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Silver Member
    The most important lesson? Stop whining and DO it.

Stephie

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Anne, a single sentence yes, but one an English teacher would criticize!!

Lol!!! Perhaps so. I could have composed this post in the manner of my other posts, I suppose - painfully long, very much drawn out, yet grammatically correct with proper sentence structure. But y'all don't want that, do ya? I thought I would give you all a break from it, and compose something short, sweet, and to the point, irregardless of unproper grammarabilty and nonright structuratude.

When I was first going "out" I was very fearful that I would get read and people would know I was a man wearing a dress. Since then I have learned its OK to be a t-girl. I prefer to be taken for a female but as long as I'm treated like a feminine person I'm happy. The confidence and mind set that I've taken from this forum is my best lesson.

I love the conversations I have here and the friends that I've made but the most important thing this forum does is showing the new girls that you can make some sort of female life for yourself. It may only be in your home, or as in my case, part time but out end about. Whatever it is that works for you, we can help you be happier.

Thanks to all the high volume posters (you know who you are) who add color and life to this forum!
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    what is the single most important, profound, and/or life-changing lesson you have learned from this forum?
    That things are not as they seem.

(Ha ha, I beat you!)
    Reine

Not to believe all that I read
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    That things are not as they seem.
    Reine my PalTalk profile contains the following " Caution objects in cams my not be as they appear".

I think what I have learned most from this forum is just how different so many of us are. I've mentioned several times about the wide range of stages between the occasional crossdresser and full time girls. I have learned to read profiles and previous post from others to see at what stage their perspective is coming from before commenting on what they have said.

Oh God Anne! You don't work in IT do you? I thought I was back at work being asked for another lessons learnt report

Anyway, what have I learnt ? Mainly that this forum can be like those snacks you get on an aeroplane..... some think it wasn't worth the effort getting in to, others find it to their taste, but everyone should remember the warning "May contain NUTS"

But on a more serious note perhaps you should post another question "What has been the single most useful piece of advice you have received?"

Maybe I could answer your question - and mine - I found the help I needed to tell my wife (again) in Marci's stickied "How to tell" thread.

For that alone this forum has been worth its weight in gold.

Zoe

For me it has been a great learning source, a communication system where I can voice a lot of my opinions, and I have a lot, and a place to meet friends, which I have been successful at doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    Wearing a dress is not enough for a friendship. And, to not get in a battle of wit with a nitwit.

Em
    But wearing women's jeans could be enough to end one!! .

And am not am not!!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Preston View Post
    Mainly that this forum can be like those snacks you get on an aeroplane..... some think it wasn't worth the effort getting in to, others find it to their taste, but everyone should remember the warning "May contain NUTS"
    I resemble that remark!

I think the biggest lesson that I have learnt is that there are people out there who care enough to tell me when I'm wrong.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I'm .....I'm speechless!

The most important thing I have learned from this forum is that I'm not alone in this world as a cross dresser. I'm normal, and that led to self-acceptance.
    I will ditto that; and add that since being here, I have a lot more confidence with under dressing,
    and buying things at a store if I see something that will fit me.
    I will never pass, and the wife is OK with my dressing, but do not embarrass me by going out dressed.
    I would look like a lumber jack with a dress on. But being here, well maybe some day.
    Rader