Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have LGBT children

How many of you have LGBT children

I have been meaning to ask for sometime, how many people here have children that fall under the LGBT spectrum? When you found out, did you feel that possibly you had passed down some sort of gene?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

[SIZE="3"] My son Steve has admitted to being bi and tg. He told my wife about the bi-sexual thing in High School. I recently talked to him about the CDing, after seeing frilly underwear in his laundry. My wife feels it might be hereditary. [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

None so far as I know... though they are all mad! All girls...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

My granddaughter told me yesterday that her 2 1/2 year old son, my great grandson, has asked her to put makeup on him. He also likes to walk around in her shoes. She told him he needs to go to his great grandfathers home to dress up with him. My granddaughter is totally accepting of Melanie including being a part of a documentary made on Melanie.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Well I certainly have no proof, but deep down, I suspect there may be some sort of genetic component involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

My stepdaughter is a lesbian, so obviously no genetic connection there. I do suspect that her sexuallity is at least partly linked to some traumatic events in her life, but only she knows if anyone does.............Stephanie

I'll take this a little farther and ask would anyone actually want their kids to follow our lifestyle. I don't have any living children(but will try again in the future) and if I had a son I don't know if it would ever be a case like "girls night in" with me and my son. Make no mistake though, I would fully accept my kids being LGBT of any kind and would also be perfectly open to my child bringing a same sex date to my house, I just don't know how comfortable I'd be with my son and I both dressed.

I have a 28 year old daughter who lives at home, and I am not sure, she has never had a Real boy-friend, or girl-friend that I know of. She is very much the Tomboy at times, but, on rare occations, looks very feminine...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Blue View Post
    [SIZE=3] My wife feels it might be hereditary.[/SIZE]
    Your wife might be right about this

I was born intersex & have identified myself to my partners as a lesbian even when I was still living as a male
    I was also very lucky to even be able have kids apparently, but I know that both my daughters are bisexual &
    my son I am not too sure about, but he is definitely androgynous & could dress up & pass very well as a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie-L View Post
    My stepdaughter is a lesbian, so obviously no genetic connection there. I do suspect that her sexuallity is at least partly linked to some traumatic events in her life, but only she knows if anyone does.............Stephanie
    I doubt it very much that environmental factors have played any part in this, considering that there is
    more evidence that our sexual orientations & gender identities are determined before we are even born.

See: http://shb-info.org/sexbrain.html
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 08-21-2011 at 12:54 PM.

I have a daughter that came out to us as lesbian, but she has also had boyfriends, so IDK.

Nature VS Nurture?

Until it can be proven conclusively and be repeatable, I'm not gonna jump into either camp.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I have a son I suspect of cding! I have a grandson at eight years that doed cd! Don't know if it is a gene!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Blue View Post
    [SIZE="3"] My son Steve has admitted to being bi and tg. He told my wife about the bi-sexual thing in High School. I recently talked to him about the CDing, after seeing frilly underwear in his laundry. My wife feels it might be hereditary. [/SIZE]
    Whether or not it's hereditary is certainly a good question. I have no solid proof, but personally I'm inclined to believe there is some sort of connection.

I guess the next questions are, do you or others close to you feel it's a problem, and if so do you or others blame you for it. I suppose that could create some interesting scenarios. And it just hit me, if you blame yourself, does that have any effect on your own crossdressing. Does it make you want to do it more, to relieve the stress, or does the guilt dampen your enthusiam?

Just some interesting questions. Not trying to imply anything so there is no need for anyone to take offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Be free - overcome fear!
    SweetIonis,

First of all, while I know you never raised this issue, I feel that something also needs to be said here
    because I know there are kids out there that do tend to blame their parents for being gay or bisexual
    whether it is repressed or not. My youngest daughter who is openly bisexual made a comment on her
    twitter account, saying "My dad's a freak in a frock, It's really no wonder I'm a chip off the ol' block".
    So it is obviously my daughter is blaming me right here for being the way that she is.

I don't believe that anyone should inherit someone else's psychological issues no matter who they
    are, son, daughter or otherwise, because anyone with an issue can only deal with that themselves.

And do I blame myself for how my kids are? Definitely not! Being LGBT is an act of nature itself
    & has nothing to do with any type of social conditioning. Both my daughters are born to two separate
    mothers and ironically both of them are also bisexual. So it is not fair to blame me or accept any type
    of responsibility for the way they are when there is so many genetic factors & other dynamics going
    on here that we don't really understand.

The sexual orientations of my children have no bearing now on my decision to transition. All my kids
    are now adults and should be taking responsibility for themselves instead of trying to blame others
    like my youngest daughter has done here. I kept my issues repressed until she was 18 years old
    because I didn't want to have any of that affect them, or make them the subject of any sort of
    abuse, discrimination or vilification for having a transsexual 'father'. They also announced their
    sexuality to the world well before I did - so their cannot be any connection whatsoever to me
    through any sort of social conditioning for the way they are - this is why I believe that genetic
    biological factors are now coming into play - my own son claims to be 'normal', but so too did I
    for many years - he is very androgynous in his physical appearance & as I said you could put
    him in female clothes and people would assume he was a natal female no problem at all. So it
    will be interesting to see what happens in the future but it will come as no surprise to me if he
    turns out to be transsexual. Not that I am wanting him to be this way, but if that did happen
    then I will be able to help him deal with these issues. Hopefully my coming out will encourage
    him to stop repressing any issues that he might have. And I do believe there are some issues
    there because of other behavioural problems, but it is too early to tell at this stage. But he
    seems to be trying to prove himself to be a 'real man' just like I did so many years ago.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 08-23-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Silver Member
    It is an interesting question, and while mostly academic (the few women who have ever been interested in me were long barren) it is something I have given thought to. With one possible exception, and it is just speculation, I have a cousin who may be a lesbian, but other than that no one else in either side of my family is GLB or T. Mental illness runs very deep on both sides of my family, and my mother and father's siblings all suffered physical abuse growing up (as did my mother's mother), brutal enough the victimizing parent in each case would probably end up in prison today. While I would be concerned about passing on a "transvestism gene", I would be far more concerned about passing on some sort of genetic mental illness(es).

When I think back, It was around the time my father started beating on me (~4yo) I started to show some leanings toward transvestism. Was it caused by brain trauma from being hit? Was it because I was starting to identify with my mother and had no positive male role model? Perhaps it was caused by a lack certain nutrient(s) in utero caused by my mother's anorexia? Perhaps a bit of all of them, since there is no known cases of TV/TSism in their families I can't image it was genetic.

Well thanks for the interesting discussion. I'm still kind of pondering all this. Hopefully I will have some more to say later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

My older brother and oldest son are CD. My youngest brother doesn't

I believe it has something to do with genetics or biological influences as well. Twin studies help determine the importance of heredity vs. the environment and according to a 2008 article in Psychology Today, twins reared apart are eerily similar:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...makes-us-who-w
    Reine

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I don't have any kids, but I strongly suspect my nephew (technically my half-sister's oldest son, but my family disregards the "half" thing) falls somewhere under the TG spectrum. When he was very young, he used to insist he was a girl and would have his older sister dress him up, put make up on him, and paint his nails. He was very young then, and since that isn't too uncommon for boys to do and then outgrow I forgot all about. And then one day he offered to teach my girlfriend how to walk in four in heels, he put a picture of himself wearing one of his girlfriend's sweaters, and he has the hyper-masculinity to boot. My niece has even told me she thinks there is something weird about him.
    But if I end up having a GLBT kid, I wouldn't mind and I would be fully supportive. And I would hope that I would have a good enough relationship with my kids that they would be open with something like that, or any thing else for that matter. And one of my friends so badly wanted a girl with her kid, it kinda seems that she just wouldn't be supportive, she kinda hopes for it.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Not so funny story...

In 2008 my son walked in on me while I was dressed. He was 15 at the time. It was one of those WTF moments. My wife was none too amused. However...

I have been meaning to ask for sometime, how many people here have children that fall under the LGBT spectrum?
    Directly after this episode, our son came out as gay.

When you found out, did you feel that possibly you had passed down some sort of gene?
    No, I don't blame myself, for his orientation. There is nothing to be ashamed about, I love my son just as much now as before. No difference.

If you are asking is there proof of nature or nurture, I have seen anecdotal evidence of both, but nothing conclusive.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I believe it has something to do with genetics or biological influences as well. Twin studies help determine the importance of heredity vs. the environment and according to a 2008 article in Psychology Today, twins reared apart are eerily similar:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...makes-us-who-w
    What you are born with certainly has a lot to do with it. But environment and how you react to it plays a role as well. Just like among serious musicians, while all of them have more inherent ability than the average person, I have seen a person who consistently puts in quite a bit of hard work, combined with superior training, may come to a point, after some time, of being better than someone with more inherent ability, assuming of course that the person with more ability is not so driven to work at it and/or has inferior training.

Now how that relates to this subject. I know that inherently I must have been TG to some degree. The feeling I got when I first put on some panties, and even what made me want to do it in the first place didn't come from the environment. The feeling sure didn't, because there was nothing I had ever experienced even remotely like that. But I would say that my experience is probably just a component of what someone who from the very onset feels like they are totally a female in a male body. Now environment certainly has an effect, because it can cause certain things to come out. Like I said in another thread, other than putting on a pair of panties on rare occasions, I had no desire to dress or feel like a woman. However, I saw some very attractive TS/CD. It bought out some pretty intense feelings in me. Seeing them made me want to dress up. When I started to dress up, I just got deeper and deeper into it. Now I'm sure what I feel was there all along. However, there is no doubt, it took stimulus from the environment to bring it out. If that or something similar from the environment had not happened, I could have gone my whole life without it ever progressing any further. Furthermore, this stuff is really based on our desires, and the things we desire can be conditioned with some effort.

But back to the original subject, people like us could find themselves in an awkward position if they have LGBT children. I think in some circumstances it might have the effect of dampening a person's enthusiasm for engaging in such behavior. Then on the other hand it could provide reinforcement. Let's suppose that the child was very open and having a very positive experience. It might cause the parent to want to become more open, which could lead to the behavior becoming more intense.
    Last edited by SweetIonis; 08-24-2011 at 02:46 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    What you are born with certainly has a lot to do with it. But environment and how you react to it plays a role as well. Just like among serious musicians, while all of them have more inherent ability than the average person, I have seen a person who consistently puts in quite a bit of hard work, combined with superior training, may come to a point, after some time, of being better than someone with more inherent ability, assuming of course that the person with more ability is not so driven to work at it and/or has inferior training.
    According to all my psychology books, and most research I have read, the question isn't nature or nurture, but to what degree each plays. One of my teachers, who has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology (she even does gender therapy) explained it that biology lays the ground work for what can be, but the environment has to work to nurture biology to it's potential or not. The example she was was intelligence, in that your genes can give the potential to be a super-genius, but if your environment does not work to develop that, it won't happen. And of course your example of someone having the dedication to succeed as a musician and putting in the training and practice can be as good as someone who has it natural. But then again, there are some disorders such as savant disorder in which someone will be so good at something they will far surpass anyone else in their area of interest.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Have a gay son and lesbian granddaughter.

Our son is gay.... Came out in high school. He doesn't know about me... And is the most unfeminine person in the world! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Our son is gay.... Came out in high school. He doesn't know about me... And is the most unfeminine person in the world! Lol.
    I thought you had said that before. But I wasn't sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Platinum Member
    So far a wife two daughters , a grandaughterand two son-inlaws everybody seams normal.

Orchid