Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever asked yourself this question?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    For me, the reason is my gender (the sex of my brain) is more aligned with what is considered typically female. When presenting as a woman my most over-riding emotion is happiness. I also feel somehow liberated, more attractive, I think I look younger, I'm less stressed, and I somehow feel "softer inside". I also happen to believe that many of my best qualities reside with my feminine side—qualities such as sensitivity, tenderness, empathy, helpfulness, and patience. Expressing my femininity makes me feel relaxed, happy and fulfilled, while suppressing it causes me stress, anxiety, and irritability.
    Rachel has expressed exactly how I feel when I dress. I have suppressed my feminine side for over a year now and all it has done is to cause me stress. I am back today, being able to open up and to be able to express my feminine side. I feel so free of the self imposed restrictions that I had put on myself. The support on here is fantastic and without it I would have suppressed my feminine side much longer.

There is a dead simple answer to that.........because I can

Easy one for me: I crossdress because it excites me, but that leads to a question with no simple answer: why am I wired this way (that feminine things excite me)?

Some dress because they have an internal feminine identity (not me). Others (me) because it excites. Totally different.

If anybody figures it out, let the rest of us know.

Nope..... I can not remember ever thinking to ask that question... But my wife just told me that Lipitor causes memory problems.... Funny I didn't remember I was married...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Long ago I used to ask myself the "why" question, and like you, and apparently everybody else, I was unable to come up with a real substantive answer. I eventually recognized that "why" does not really matter. As such, both the question and the answer became irrelevant and of no consequence. I thereafter recognized this part of me for what it really was - a gift! And what's that old saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth?

No right answer

I think we've all asked the question at some point but why do we only ask it about dressing? Why do I golf? Why do I eat green olives?

I do these these things because I enjoy them. It really is that simple.
    Rebecca Bas

I've often asked myself this question, and my wife asked me several times when i told her that i dress. There are several reasons I dress. I love womens clothes and shoes the styles and fit of them. When i'm dressed I feel a nicer person and like to look in the mirror and see the person I feel i'd rather be. It makes me happy being Katie.

yes i use to ask myself this question all the time along with this question: why do you want to be the one thing in the world that you can never be! (a woman) jeez how wrong i was!
    Now it makes perfect sense why i'd want to wear female cloths, because i like looking feminine. Some woman don't care and that is their prerogative but THIS woman likes it!

Only one answer: Because I like it.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Platinum Member
    Hi Bredalee, I only ask questions that I want an answer to.
    The reason that I dress is because I can and I want to.

Orchid

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Because for 55 years Tina was there but I didn't know her. Now that I know she exists, her role in my life is completely compelling. I must know who she is, and for that she needs a life, and has a lot of catching up to do!!!

My answer is because I can and I like it. It feels right, so why not???

I would have to answer it by saying that I dress in women's clothes because Partly I like the way they look and feel. But mostly because it is calming and makes me feel comfortable. Days that I don't wear something of women's wear I feel like I'm missing something.