Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever asked yourself this question?

Have you ever asked yourself this question?

Why do I dress in womens clothes?

I have and still to this day I can't answer it. I've wondered about the reasons for dressing all my life. I just can't come up with a single reason. I guess I'm looking for another point of view. i know this much when i'm dressed I feel more comfortable and relaxed. I know everyone has different reasons for dressing.

I look forward to your comments
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Have you ever asked a woman why when in a situation where a skirt is more appropriate she chooses to wear pants?

This question which you ask is one that EVERYONE and their uncle think they have every right to ask.

The simple fact is, you do it cause you like it. In my case I like the clothes. The materials in most cases are softer and nicer to wear. In other cases the styles are slightly constrictive, and or require some care in movement to not show to much, or damage the garment.

This is something men for WAY to long have been denied of. I think men should experience at least once a month what it takes for women to look how they do. It is a lot of work in many cases. I think if more guys would lose the stygma associated with CDing they would have a greater appreciation of the work their SO goes through. Frankly I wish more guys would do it, and they find out it is a heckuvalot of fun, if done within reason.

That outfit I wore for clubbing last monday was really fun to wear, and I felt sexi as hell in it. I would not feel the same had I worn just black baggy jeans and a fancy shirt, which is becoming a standard even in Goth culture (though androgyny is still high on the list).
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For me, the reason is my gender (the sex of my brain) is more aligned with what is considered typically female. When presenting as a woman my most over-riding emotion is happiness. I also feel somehow liberated, more attractive, I think I look younger, I'm less stressed, and I somehow feel "softer inside". I also happen to believe that many of my best qualities reside with my feminine side—qualities such as sensitivity, tenderness, empathy, helpfulness, and patience. Expressing my femininity makes me feel relaxed, happy and fulfilled, while suppressing it causes me stress, anxiety, and irritability.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 08-20-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    Since I was little, people have been pointing out my feminine nuances. I never paid them much mind; I was just behaving according to what felt natural, to me. It wasn't until my girlfriend (who has always loved trans-anything) recommended I try exploring and expressing my feminine desires. Until then, I'd kept my deeper longing to myself. When I first put on a dress and makeup, I felt liberated in a way I never thought possible. Now, I feel like I know and understand myself better than I ever have, before. I am expressing a side of myself that I had kept locked away for so many years. I only wish everyone could be this honest with themselves and feel this good in their own skin.

Not so much as i ask myself, "why isn't this men's clothing?" or, "Why don't they make this in men's sizes?"
    Hi, I'm Erika. I love baking and am almost completely closeted.

To escape from the tyranny of the unloving gg's in my life! LOL... Wellllll?

I know what you mean! Ever since I started wearing women's clothes; I've thought that mens's clothes are so poorely designed! Men who don't cross dress are missing out!

Simple for me, my brain say "female" and so I dress as the brain feels is proper.
    SRS January 27

Because it's who I am! And if you don't lile the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country GIRL alone! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

For me I think it is a way to express to myself a part of me that I feel at times is missing. I feel relaxed, calm and pretty, traits that I don't have the opportunity to express in male mode.

Over time I've thought of many possible reasons, and depending upon what I am doing and feeling at the time one or more of those reasons might apply. In the end though, I do it because I feel compelled to do it and it brings me pleasure comfort, and resolution.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have asked that question before and once in a rare moment may revisit it. But, I have finally reached a point/stage in my life that I just don't really care what the answer is. Yes, it would be interesting to know why, but I have moved way beyond that point and answer to myself and others, "I do not really know, but I really, really enjoy doing it." It is definitely not on my priority list of things to ponder seriously.

I have battled with this question myself. I have no clue at all. I would like to know why I do and why when I am dressed as a female I feel so much more at ease. I often wondered if it was my upbringing by my oppressive mother. I was taught from a very young age that boys ( men ) don't cry. I was always told to be a man from the age of 4. I in no way can I ever pass as a woman. I do not want to be a woman, I just enjoy the feeling that I get when I dress. I am 45 years old and still wonder why. I found that older I got the more the urge came on and tried to take control. I have searched for answers every were I could without actually ever telling anyone except my SO. I am just not sure there is a definitive answer for any of us.
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

hiya B,

I am not a big fan of self-analysis, although I am endlessly curious about why people do the things they do. Everybody has a reason behind their actions that makes sense to them at the time.

I am extremely curious...about everything. I believe that asking myself "why" I do things is an exercise that inhibits or kills creativity. "Why" often deteriorates into "I should have, could have, if only this, if only that, types of reflective or self-critical thinking.(which I feel is self-destructive).

Unless some behavior of mine is inhibiting my ability to responsibly meet the requirements and commitments of the other areas of my life, I "just do it" and stay happy. If anything, my thinking leans toward the "why NOT?" approach.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    If anything, my thinking leans toward the "why NOT?" approach.
    That's a great philosophy. In certain circumstances, when someone asks me, "why," I will immediately reply with, "why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Over time I've thought of many possible reasons, and depending upon what I am doing and feeling at the time one or more of those reasons might apply. In the end though, I do it because I feel compelled to do it and it brings me pleasure comfort, and resolution.
    Well said, Eryn. This is would be my answer as well.

i ask myself this sometimes as well. All i know is that they're more comfortable and look better than guy clothes
    [SIZE="3"]"The Girl with no name now has a name,... Farrah Rose " [/SIZE]

Hi,

Is it ,

Because they were designed for us women or how they look or the softness of the fabric . are you thinking as only as a westerner thinks,

go back some 2000 , 4000 , or 6000 years ago. what was worn then . what about the arabs & other nations . think out side that box & youll find many cothes were & are the same .

My back ground as a scot, kilts or skirts any problem there i can wear ether as male or female .

So the ? is not why rather who changed the dress so called code of what men ,,,,have ,,,,,to wear & what women ....can wear....

As to why you your self wear them could be any number of answer's .

For me i can because i like wearing skirts i make my own & wear them to our... period time ...1900 to 1910 & 1400 to 1700. yes all dressed up. as in keeping with that time .

To days time well im a woman i can wear pretty much what ever & no one will say any thing . they know me well enough .

Why do i wear my women's clothes , as a boy i ....hated.... really hated boy's / men's clothes, that really would sum it up.

Im free from that . & i can express who i am as a normal person . well may be not to others ,weird, insane, nuts ,certinly different ,yet one happy person . who happens to be a female./ woman from birth, just a bit mixed up one thats all.

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by bredalee25 View Post
    Why do I dress in womens clothes?
    I used to... I stopped asking years ago. I couldn't find an answer and realized that there is none.
    Now I am much more at peace with myself and love being me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I used to ask myself that. I decided that it is not unnatural for anyone to dress in anyway. I believe if they were not called "women's clothing", then the same percentage of boys and girls would be wearing skirts, panties, etc....Someone long ago decided it wasn't appropiate for me to wear these clothes and I don't feel obligated to go along with that opinion.

I think we dress because we are so much more sophisticated and enlightened than other people. After all, why should we waste time on other activities when we could be dressing up in pretty clothes, makeup, and jewelry? And shoes! What could be more fun than shopping for new shoes? Too bad that more people don't understand this!

Obviously I'm kidding.

Being slightly more serious, even if someone were to discover the definitive answer, I don't think I'd want to know what it was. It's more fun being mysterious.

Have you ever asked yourself this question? Why do I dress in womens clothes?
    Sure. Took me decades to figure it all out. It's in my bio.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gold Member
    I was never one to question "this thing we do". I did it; I enjoyed it; I continued doing it. So the reason? Because I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlWithNoName View Post
    i ask myself this sometimes as well. All i know is that they're more comfortable and look better than guy clothes
    This.

I used to do it for the thrill, it was pretty much all fetishism. But even then, I just preferred the feel. Wouldn't have done it though if not for the thrill making it worth the risk. These days, still a bit of a thrill, ( Oh, what I would give for a girlfriend to share an under wear drawer with! ) but mostly men's underwear looks frankly revolting, and feels worse.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Why do I dress in womens clothes? The answer is very simple! Because I like to!! Been doing it for the better part of 70 years and see no reason to stop right now!! They fit good, feel great, and look pretty good too!! So why quit?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!