Thread: Advise needed:

Advise needed:

A little on my back round. I live in an apartment complex and all my neighbors know of Sue and many have seen me dressed up. The woman living next door has been a great friend since I moved in, her and Sue have had many mornings drinking coffee and talking. She has terminal cancer and is in a hospice unit with 1 - 3 month's to live. Her grandson and girlfriend have moved into her apartment and are excepting of Sue. The girlfriend, Mary, compliments and critiques my clothes and make up with a sincere heart. She has asked to borrow some of my outfits including some of my night gowns.
    The advise I am seeking is, she has a 14 year old daughter that knows of my cross dressing and is eager to see me dressed up. I have been very careful not to let her see me. Mary has said her daughter would like my clothes and not just skirt's, blouses and dresses but also some of my night gowns.
    I am nervous enough to let her see me in a dress but not sure I can allow her to see me in a night gown even with her approving mother present. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sue.

Caution around any child

Platinum Member
    in a word, no. I would avoid any situation involving minors, even if there's consenting parent. Its just inappropriate under any circumstances.

If the 14 year already knows of Sue and wants to see her I would certainly let her...even ask her for a tip or 2 about clothes or shoes to make her feel included. The night gown however is a nightgown. I would not allow her to see you in that. She still is a child and your a non relative adult. Leave the nightgown for your place but enjoy her company as Sue and sounds like she will have fun offering tips to you to enhance your look. Good luck.

Joanna

Thank's Joanna, That is how I feel. Although half of my night gowns cover everything. I don't think it appropriate for her to see me that way. I am more surprised that her mother is that open about it.

Its fine by me to be open...however there are still lines that one shouldn't cross. If the mother can't see it I'm glad you do! Just be careful on how you interact with her. She is still a young girl.

Joanna

There is an old acronym CYA. COVER YOUR A$$. Whenever a minor is involved you must be very careful. Although I'm sure a nightgown would not be to reveiling I still don't think its a great idea IMHO.
    Desa.
    [SIZE="1"]Quote of the week! "This badger on a stick stuff is going to have to stop! [/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66137661@N05/

Scarlet Rose, I agree, it sounds a little weird. That is my concern, Why would her a mother even suggest it!!!!!

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Ummm...no. Don't even think about it. She is a minor. The risks outweigh any benefit whatsoever. And I'm not sure there is any benefit.

Besides, what is this with her borrowing your nightgowns? Is this normal GG behavior?

I would not treat it any different that if you were a GG.

Why would any adult wear lingerie/nightie of any type in front of a minor that is not related to them such as a mom and a daughter or niece etc.

Neither would be appropriate.

I usually go by the rule of thumb "If you question it, don't do it"

In a word . . . not a chance! This sounds, well, rather creepy. Sure, there may be nothing sinister in their requests, but are you willing to take that chance?

I agree with the majority here. Stay away from this. Even if it's completely innocent, it's way too easy for someone to make it seem like it's not.

Thanks for all the advise, I feel the same way that it is inappropriate for her daughter to see me dressed that way and I just got done talking with the mother. She understands my concern and explained the openness. Her ex husband did and still does cross dress as well!!!! She said he wear's all types of clothes even in front of there daughter and she is comfortable seeing him. She also explained that they are divorced for other reasons. I told her that her father dressing and being seen by her daughter that way is much different then an almost complete stranger. She excepted my decision.
    Thanks again,
    Sue..

Night gowns are for the bedroom! NO 14 yearold girl should be in your bedroom! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Absolutely NOT! And, NEVER share your clothes to non-relatives or SO's! Give your unwanted things to Goodwill. Let them get the clothes from THEM!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can't imagine any situation where I'd want my neighbors to see me in my nightgowns, unless maybe my house was on fire and I had to run out into the street. I'd say just don't go there. Perhaps you could introduce yourself to the 14-year-old a bit at a time, starting androgynous and adding more femme items as time goes by. I would avoid, like the plague, being alone with the girl -- make sure her mom is always in the room.

- Diane

The way I look at it... suppose all goes to hell and you have to explain to a jury what you were doing... The average person may not understand...
    Chickie

hiya Sue,

I have a personal strategy that I adopted years ago that has served me quite well. On issues like this one, as well as others, I go through the following mental drill prior making any decisions or taking action.

I try and imagine how that scenario could be presented in a court of law by an opposing party who does not have my best interests in mind.

This usually resolves the question of what to do next very quickly.

That is what I do. I don't give "advice". I have found that most looking for advice are actually just looking for corroboration or a partner,. Obviously we all are free to do whatever works for us.

good luck,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be free - overcome fear!
    I would not even entertain such a silly suggestion because this has all the hallmarks of a set-up.

I also live in an apartment complex. Even though I am not out to anyone, I still am very cautous of any child out and about. Boy or girl or pet. People these days are just to eager to say that you did something to their whatever. This would ruin your life almost instantly. Being branded as a preditor for just a small indiscretion is not worth it.

I agree with everyone else, nightgowns and the 14 year old are the makings of trouble. Be more than careful.......
    Alice