Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchette View Post
    Depending on the weather, I will probably be dressed all weekend into Monday...I was thinking about my Lady Gaga look (to the left there...) this year for a day or two...
    Check out my lady gaga look in my profile pic. I may get this out too, since I've only rocked it once and got great feedback at the bar!

I agree Goodwill. You can find Bridal gowns from $65 on up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joannas_fiance View Post
    Goodwill, or salvation army..

Hope
    Don't forget the heels. That will help finish off the outfit. Also don't forget the satin bag to collect your cards or candy.,veil and i hope you get some nice nails too. I say do it all.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-02-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please use edit/multiuote function

Well, that surely sounds like fun and a great opportunity. We don't party a lot but the last one we went to had a theme and it wasn't anything that would have allowed me to "dress".

I suggest that instead of going in a room and getting dressed by yourself, you let her help pick out the clothes and accessories and help you dress and put on your makeup. You can do the same for her. And get her a beard or mustach.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Silver Member
    Check Craigslist as there are always bridal gowns on there of all sizes.

We live north of Atlanta, wife and I plan on going to party in Atlanta dressed in identical LBD's and 4" heel black boots.

The danger of going to a party "dressed" is that if you do it too well, people will suspect that you are a crossdresser.

Of course, that's fine for some of us, but not for others.

If my wife suggested going to a party with me "dressed", I would have to let her dress me because if I did it myself, she might start wondering how I knew so much about breast forms, taped cleavage, hip pads, etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

There is no way to over dress to be a bride and groom. The better you do it, the more people will like your costumes. No one will suspect you like to CD unless you tell them. With your wife involved, its all just a well done costume. You could even go as far as getting your makeup and hair done professionally (ahem, because you have no idea how to do it yourself)....a great response to people who ask, how did you do that...just say youtube has a lot of makeup totorials (which it does)....or my wife helped.

Get your dress soon, it can be hard to find a used one that fits, try the thrift stores. If you get lucky you might find a bridal shop might have some old stock for next to nothing if you tell them it is for a halloween costume...

I wore a wedding dress a couple halloweens ago, and it was a great experience. I found the dress and cronoline all used for cheap.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    [QUOTE=linda allen;2586303]The danger of going to a party "dressed" is that if you do it too well, people will suspect that you are a crossdresser.

I've often thought I'd love to go to a Halloween Party 'switched,' but, feared people would guess I was a CDer. I'm not ready to face all the inquiries and possible negative responses associated with being outed. My thought of avoiding that possibility would have wives host a theme party of that nature. One of my co-workers with a short husband dressed him in one of her prom gowns from high school. Oh, the envy.

[QUOTE=Stephanie47;2586454]
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    The danger of going to a party "dressed" is that if you do it too well, people will suspect that you are a crossdresser.

I've often thought I'd love to go to a Halloween Party 'switched,' but, feared people would guess I was a CDer. I'm not ready to face all the inquiries and possible negative responses associated with being outed. My thought of avoiding that possibility would have wives host a theme party of that nature. One of my co-workers with a short husband dressed him in one of her prom gowns from high school. Oh, the envy.
    They won't suspect if you pad your bra with ballons or something so it rides up too high, neglect the hip and butt pads, etc., but do it right and they're going to suspect.

I remember a halloween party in a club a few years ago when casual friends brought along a friend who was dressed as a female. They said he was a "female impersonator". Well, he looked far too good to be someone who just decided one day to dress for a party. I suspect he had been dressing for years.

Personally, I am kind of nervous about dressing out on Halloween. It means bringing up the idea of dressing up to someone, even if it is for Halloween - i'm nervous that someone will get an idea.

I would definitely love to go out in public dressed up, though. The most I have done is stand at my open front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    Ok some holloween advice. Don't just dress as a women. Go as something like , snow white , or a hooker , or sailor moon etc. If you go like that it will be fun , your dressed as a women , and most people won't think you look too good to be your first time.
    Been there - done that. Last time I dressed as a 'normal" woman and GG's, other than my wife, thought I passed "too well" and knew it wasn't my first time! This year I want a costume, like a realistic and recognizable middle-age "woman of Star Trek". A female alien would be OK, if it didn't require extensive make up. Any suggestionns?

Halloween Costume

I think this is brilliant. I wanted to dress up for Halloween, but I don't have a costume. And besides I think it would cool if the neighbors met Cassandra, seeing as the may not notice as much me getting in and out of my car. I might tell them this is for my comedy routine, but anyways are you ready for this? I am getting dressed up for Halloween as a COUGAR!!!!

My GF suggested last year I dress up for halloween, just didn't have the courage to do it. I just thought it would be too obvious I've done this before. Not at all ready for others to know I guess...

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Over the years I have dressed (enfemme) for many Halloweens. But since my wife passed away it is no fun anymore!! I am almost always underdressed, and will be again this year!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I take any occasion to dress up as an excuse to dress enfemme. I'm considering dressing up as Jessica Rabbit, for Halloween, this year.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

I actually vowed to not cross-dress for Halloween anymore after '09, which I've since taken back. Now, I'd do an outlandish character to enter a contest (like a Jessica Rabbit or Carmen Sandiego) but not just normal clothes walking around town...
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    Been there - done that. Last time I dressed as a 'normal" woman and GG's, other than my wife, thought I passed "too well" and knew it wasn't my first time! This year I want a costume, like a realistic and recognizable middle-age "woman of Star Trek". A female alien would be OK, if it didn't require extensive make up. Any suggestionns?
    What about the vulcan chick from Star Trek: Voyager? Easy enough to pull off (a wig and fake ears should do) and your wife can "help" with the cover up for the eye brows

Edit: actually I think she's from the newer series but she also has really butch short hair! Even easier to work with if you don't want to wear a wig necessarily.
    Last edited by JavaJunkie; 09-04-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

the happy camper
    I've done the past two Halloweens en femme. Last year, my son told me that I have to go this year as something else. He came up with the idea of an orc, and he was even careful to specify male orc. (Obviously, he knows how my brain works.) So that's my Halloween costume this year. I'll wear it for whatever we do as our main holiday celebration. There's a Witches' Masquerade Ball on the first of the month, though, and there may be other parties closer to the day that will give me a chance to wear something girly.

As to people guessing that you're a crossdresser because you dress as a girl on Halloween, that's not necessarily so. After seeing me do two Halloweens and last year's masquerade ball en femme, plus getting all kinds of hints, I still had friends who were absolutely clueless until I told them point blank. I think that's how most people will probably react. Even the clever ones who are good at guessing won't really know. A guess is just a guess unless you confirm it for them.

We are going as Bride and Groom.....only I get to be the Bride this time.

Here is the Wedding Dress I ordered now to find her a Suite for a 5' 4" groom......

I sure could use some suggestions...

Hugs.

Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Sandy, A problem with "switching" is size, as men are usually taller than women, and that may be a red flag. That wouldn't be an issue for us as I use a wheelchair. If the "groom" is passable, would she use the mens restroom?

My wife and I are arguing over who is going to be jack sparrow and who is going to be Penélope Cruz's character.... I guess either way i get to wear eye shadow.....

My wife and I are going as a good witch, bad witch. She's going in white, and I'm going in black. Simple, but she says Jessica will fit the "bad witch" better....
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJunkie View Post
    Well on a plus side I work at Spirit Halloween this year so discounts on costumes are a definite plus! I'm thinking either going as a Geisha but instead of doing traditional full face make up doing more of a harajuku look (for those of you who don't know it's the wide "bar" of shadow going from the inner eye almost to your hair) or going as a Pan Am stewardess. Both are different and judging by the selection of costumes this year not many people will be wearing them....I hope lol. Now I just need to convince the bf to go as either a samurai or pilot this year so we match
    Sonds like fun. However wont they want to do work on Halloween?
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

We had a tornado and a hurricane in our area this summer, so I'm going as Dorothy Gale (Gale as in big windy storm - get it ?) from the Wizard of Oz.
    Mary

@Candy *cough cough* I think I'm already coming down with a bug or something
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"