Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age appropriate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Age appropriate?

When you dress, how much weight do you give to the age-appropriateness of your clothing? Do you present yourself as a woman of your own age, or someone younger?

Although I look and drull over what the younger gg are wearing, I know they wouldn't look nice/approperiate on me. There fore I only wear things that are age appropriate and look good on me.
    Alice

I wear what I like...most peoples fashion change as we get older but I still wear what I like.

Joanna

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I still think I've got the Legs to pull off a Mini skirt,and some styles,though a little young for me I still love to wear,but their mainly worn at home,When Im out and about I would say I probably dress my age.But still stylish,the frumpy or dowdy look though isn't where I see myself

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I wear what I like and like what I wear! Usually age apporopriate!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Going with the age appropriate now. To the point that I just ordered my first gray wig. Figure the hair needs to match the wrinkles. The wig is only 50%gray/50%brown. I'm guessing my own hair has more gray than that. So a little trying to look younger even now. LOL
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I am told when dressed it subtracts like 10-15 years so maybe not what a teenager would wear, but definitely younger and not "old lady-ish"

There really is not a lot of difference in what GG's wear from their mid 40's to their early 60's as I am. Unless the ones in their mid 40's are still trying to look late 20's.

Our advantage is our ability to wear wig styles that help to take years off our apperance plus needing a bit more coverage in makeup. The main thing I try to do is only purchase one new item a month from the latest things out at Dillard's or Macy's instead of the junk on the 75% off racks that no one else wanted. As a part time CD I do not need a huge daily wardrobe so I buy quality over quantity and it really pays dividends in the form of compliments while out.

I recently purchased a new wig which I have received several compliments form both male and female total strangers. I'm convinced that the proper clothing, hair and makeup can be the focal point of the publics attention rather than reading me as a CD on first glance.

Here is the wig. Wife says its by far the most real looking I have ever worn and for $62.00 plus 15% off right now its a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Are there actually people here who really believe that if you wear female clothing that matches your age, the rest of society will think, 'well, he's wearing female clothing, but as long as it's age appropriate, then I guess it's perfectly fine; but if he was wearing something for a woman twenty years younger or older, well then that would be weird'. Wow.
    NO Lexi but I do think is you wear a micro mini with fishnets and platform heels you had better look under 30 or your gonna stand out and be laughed at even if you are a GG.

I think you are missing the point. If you don't stand a chance of passing It might not make any difference but if your trying to pass or at least blend then age appropriate is a must
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-23-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Merged - Please uuse the edit button

Platinum Member

Mandatory<<-->>Optional

Hi Dawn, Getting old is mandatory but dressing that way is optional.
    I have a wide range to choose from I can dress my age or much younger.

Orchid

Gold Member
    I pretty much dress as I like, according to whatever fashions are available to fit me!!! I don't dress too young (Id' look silly), but I don't dress what one would consider to be age appropriate (which is a very vague term that doesn't mean much to me). If I like the fashion, and I think I can pull it off, I'll go for it.

I refuse to dress age appropriate..... Male or female! Not that I dress like a teenager but i color what little hair I have left and will never buy a grey wig...... That's what cosmetics are all about!! I refuse to look like an old lady or an old man! I'm almost 60 and still play ice hockey a couple times a week... I will never get old as long as I can still buy 5-hour energy!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I dress go clothes i like rather than worrying about whether they are appropriate to my age. Mostly i'd say that my choice of clothes is similar to my age though, due to the shops i buy my clothes from!

Banned Read only
    I don't wear miniskirts anymore because they just do not look right on me. Other that, I wear what I like as long as it is stylish and appropriate for the location and situation.

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    I try to keep it age appropriate, but at the same time, I've been told that I look young for my age.

People guess me to be in my early 20's even though I am in my early 30's. In guy mode, it's kind of annoying because in a way I guess I look less manly compared to the average guy. On the other hand, it makes me look more androgynous which I don't mind. If that makes sense. Dressing like an older would definitely attract unwanted to attention. So, I try to keep my style young and casual.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    I would have to say age appropriate but only because I'm 20 years old
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IT'S EITHER WE FIGHT OR WE DIE!

I wear what I darn well please. As a GG friend of mine said to me one day. " your a CD you can wear anything you like". And I believe her. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I try to dress to my age, but do try to look a bit younger.
    if the item is not comfy it does not get put on. so I just dress to look good, not get put out by trying to look like a teenager.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    I feel as I'm 15 years younger when dressed and love fashion outfits.
    Miniskirts are my passion but of course I only wear them when appropriate, ie., at home or when I go partying with friends.

Are there actually people here who really believe that if you wear female clothing that matches your age, the rest of society will think, 'well, he's wearing female clothing, but as long as it's age appropriate, then I guess it's perfectly fine; but if he was wearing something for a woman twenty years younger or older, well then that would be weird'. Wow.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I suppose you would call my wardrobe "age appropriate" because I don't try to look like mutton dressed up as lamb.

With my thunder thighs, I can't wear short skirts without making other people feel ill, so I don't. That doesn't stop people describing me a very girlie.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am in my late 50s, I play guitar in 3 rock bands... loud and proud... I also sing... I probably dress inappropriately as a guy! So as Kaz? She is having lots of fun! I am a grandfather... what does that mean in terms of 'age appropriate'? Maybe I should die sometime soon?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I wear what I like - but what I like is most often age appropriate for me.

More than age appropiate I think I dress size appropriate. Being a size 20 or so there isn't much young stuff available my size. I like knee length skirts & dresses and colorful clothing. I don't dress old, but more in the style of a well dressed 40-50 year old woman.

Since I do not go out (yet) it really would not matter either way. But I do tend to look for clothes and shoes that are for women my age (37), and who are carrying a little (okay, a lot) of extra weight. But I do have some outfits that I wear around the house that would probably be better suited for a woman ten to fifteen years younger

With the newest wig my spouse tells me I look about 45, so I would say I dress age appropriate.
    It's going to take a lot to get me to go grey and dress like a little old lady...maybe when I'm 90...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !