Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age appropriate?

Always age appropriate. Perhaps somewhat dressier than the normal as I very very seldom wear pants. Perhaps a pants suit. But a very nice pants suit. Mostly skirts and dresses. Never above knee height.

Edy

I wear what I darn well please. As a GG friend of mine said to me one day. " your a CD you can wear anything you like". And I believe her. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Aspiring Member
    Be careful. Never, is a very. . . long . . . time.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Grey Wig NEVER NEVER oh and did I mention NEVER Will I wear a grey wig,rather chuck It than go down that route

Sophie

I try to dress to my age, but do try to look a bit younger.
    if the item is not comfy it does not get put on. so I just dress to look good, not get put out by trying to look like a teenager.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    I feel as I'm 15 years younger when dressed and love fashion outfits.
    Miniskirts are my passion but of course I only wear them when appropriate, ie., at home or when I go partying with friends.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am 79 years old, but have not dressed my age for many years. The major reason is my legs, which my late wife always said were the legs of a much younger lady! I actually have won prizes for my ladylike legs. So I wear mid thigh skirts or dresses most of the time. Even though now, without the help of my dear wife, I do not even try to pass!! I am proud of my legs and don't mind showing them off!! I do not own any Granny clothes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Are there actually people here who really believe that if you wear female clothing that matches your age, the rest of society will think, 'well, he's wearing female clothing, but as long as it's age appropriate, then I guess it's perfectly fine; but if he was wearing something for a woman twenty years younger or older, well then that would be weird'. Wow.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There really is not a lot of difference in what GG's wear from their mid 40's to their early 60's as I am. Unless the ones in their mid 40's are still trying to look late 20's.

Our advantage is our ability to wear wig styles that help to take years off our apperance plus needing a bit more coverage in makeup. The main thing I try to do is only purchase one new item a month from the latest things out at Dillard's or Macy's instead of the junk on the 75% off racks that no one else wanted. As a part time CD I do not need a huge daily wardrobe so I buy quality over quantity and it really pays dividends in the form of compliments while out.

I recently purchased a new wig which I have received several compliments form both male and female total strangers. I'm convinced that the proper clothing, hair and makeup can be the focal point of the publics attention rather than reading me as a CD on first glance.

Here is the wig. Wife says its by far the most real looking I have ever worn and for $62.00 plus 15% off right now its a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Are there actually people here who really believe that if you wear female clothing that matches your age, the rest of society will think, 'well, he's wearing female clothing, but as long as it's age appropriate, then I guess it's perfectly fine; but if he was wearing something for a woman twenty years younger or older, well then that would be weird'. Wow.
    NO Lexi but I do think is you wear a micro mini with fishnets and platform heels you had better look under 30 or your gonna stand out and be laughed at even if you are a GG.

I think you are missing the point. If you don't stand a chance of passing It might not make any difference but if your trying to pass or at least blend then age appropriate is a must
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-23-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Merged - Please uuse the edit button

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I suppose you would call my wardrobe "age appropriate" because I don't try to look like mutton dressed up as lamb.

With my thunder thighs, I can't wear short skirts without making other people feel ill, so I don't. That doesn't stop people describing me a very girlie.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am in my late 50s, I play guitar in 3 rock bands... loud and proud... I also sing... I probably dress inappropriately as a guy! So as Kaz? She is having lots of fun! I am a grandfather... what does that mean in terms of 'age appropriate'? Maybe I should die sometime soon?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I wear what I like - but what I like is most often age appropriate for me.

More than age appropiate I think I dress size appropriate. Being a size 20 or so there isn't much young stuff available my size. I like knee length skirts & dresses and colorful clothing. I don't dress old, but more in the style of a well dressed 40-50 year old woman.

Since I do not go out (yet) it really would not matter either way. But I do tend to look for clothes and shoes that are for women my age (37), and who are carrying a little (okay, a lot) of extra weight. But I do have some outfits that I wear around the house that would probably be better suited for a woman ten to fifteen years younger

With the newest wig my spouse tells me I look about 45, so I would say I dress age appropriate.
    It's going to take a lot to get me to go grey and dress like a little old lady...maybe when I'm 90...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I go out, I try to dress like I'm at least 100 years old. I buy old-lady dresses at thrift stores and bake them in the oven for a few hours to give them that just-about-to-fall-apart look. I also buy the most beat up shoes I can find and run them through the dryer with a bunch of rocks. As a finishing touch, I use pliers to yank a few clumps of hair out of my wig. I don't have to worry too much about wrinkles due to many years of hard living, but when I want to look really bad, I put on a layer of elmer's glue mixed with plaster of Paris.

The reason I like this look is because I can whack young smart-alecs with my cane with no fear of retribution. In fact, a lot of times they apologize to me! The other day I managed to get this one teenage wiseacre three times before he got out of reach!

Disclaimer:
    Don't try any of this stuff at home!

Age appropriate. .. the very term makes me throw up a little in the back of my throat. Who are the proponents dressing for, others or themselves?

I guess I wear what i like, or what's appropriate for the situation I'm in. Business casual male for work, ripped jeans and metal band shirts or biker leathers for play, and miniskirts, heels and cut-off tops for alone play

Much younger. Twenty five years younger. I like wearing styles that younger girls would wear.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Hmmmm no worries of dressing age appropriate when it comes to Victorian period fashions.....

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Younger for sure. It makes me feel much sexier to wear a short mini skirt and some cute satin string bikini panties. NO granny panties here! I also like bright colors on my toes and toe rings. These things just make me feel good about myself.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I try to be fashionable but do try to dress age appropriate....To be honest though passing and going about my everyday life as Wendy is the driving force behind my choices. I am concious of the weather, what GG's are wearing and what looks good on my frame.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I dress younger than my age most of the time but I think I do the same in both male and female modes - I am a big kid! I think when I finally do start stepping out of my closet more I will dress more age appropriate but there are some things like toe rings and such that I think are more personality driven the age driven - I model my dress off my SO who is the same age as me and she wears toe rings and dresses younger than her age too.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

After raising a kid, I've concluded that "age appropriate" is a term that only applies up to the age of about 10 years old. After that, the only real method of differentiating children from adults is by height.

Since most of my public appearances typically include the objective of blending in with the rest of the fish in the fishbowl, I do consider that factor. But it is always relative to the "mission".

I also acknowledge the fact that I too am subject to the influence of self-deception and magical thinking...believing I can "pull it off" when others cannot.

At home...it is a "fantasy land"...

Dress freely, take pictures...ask questions later...
    Better yet...Admit nothing~Deny everything!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I used to dress to please my wife! Now that she has passed on, I dress to please myself and no one else. As I said earlier, it is not age appropiate but it is what I like to wear!! And my late wife did not like age appropiate clothing either!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Be free - overcome fear!
    I believe that I dress very age appropriately because my girlfriends always compliment me on
    my appearance and for my eye for fashion & the way I coordinate my clothing, jewellery, use
    make-up etc, even when I personally thought there was something wrong with how I looked.

Because I was born in 1962 & was most influenced by the 70s, I dress like a 60/70's flowerchild
    which also fits very well with the warm tropical environment I live in. But I do really like to get
    dressed up if I am going out on the town for the night. Even though I do have the legs for a mini
    skirt or shorter dresses, I won't usually wear them. I do have shorter dresses which I also like to
    wear black tights under because even here in the tropics, in the cooler winter months it can get
    cold at night - this year we have experienced highly unusual cooler temperatures & lots of local
    people have been getting the flu which I am also just getting over now.

My tattoos also play a huge part in how I choose my fashions & the way I dress as well.

I also usually wear longer dresses or shorter dresses with tights because I also have some tattoos
    on my lower legs. One of those tattoos is a dagger passing in & out of the skin as a combat related
    tatt with my former infantry regiment also tattooed into the design. Additionally I also have a black
    panther's head & a sailing square rigger tall-ship on my lower legs as well which are all male orientated
    designs. The panther's head is a cover up tattoo to cover a feminine design I got at the age of 18.
    But I am having laser tattoo removal now to remove all my tattoos which will take at about 2-3 years.

Because I also have tattoos on my chest & upper arms, I cover up the tattoos by wearing short sleeved
    tops & blouse. Two of my tattoos on my upper arms are cover ups I got to cover up feminine designs of
    roses & a heart because I tried to proved to the world I was masculine. But I still have one of my original
    feminine tattoos which is a butterfly on my upper shoulder. I never got this covered up because of what it
    always meant to me. So I guess I had to always keep o something that reflected the female side of me.
    So it is the only tattoo that I won't get ever removed.

The largest tattoo on my body is a large eagle with it's wings spread tattooed right across my chest. I want
    it removed because I am not happy with how it looks or the reasons why I got it. But my lesbian girlfriends are
    telling me not to get rid of it because it looks very interesting how the wings come up from my cleavage & then
    wraps up & over my breasts. The upper part of wings are revealed if I wear a top with an low cut open front that
    shows of any sort of cleavage. I have been out on the town with them revealed and noone has ever said anything
    bad, the compliments have always been good. But still I am not happy about why I got it in the first place & that
    was because I was trying to prove to myself & the rest of the world that I was something that I am not. So I still
    would like to be free of all of that.

So I do dress age appropriately & to suit the environment or any occasion I might be attending, but I am also
    heavily influenced in what I buy & wear by the vandalism I did to my body when I was a teenager & young adult.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 08-23-2011 at 11:40 PM.