Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age appropriate?

Age appropriate?

When you dress, how much weight do you give to the age-appropriateness of your clothing? Do you present yourself as a woman of your own age, or someone younger?

Although I look and drull over what the younger gg are wearing, I know they wouldn't look nice/approperiate on me. There fore I only wear things that are age appropriate and look good on me.
    Alice

I wear what I like...most peoples fashion change as we get older but I still wear what I like.

Joanna

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I still think I've got the Legs to pull off a Mini skirt,and some styles,though a little young for me I still love to wear,but their mainly worn at home,When Im out and about I would say I probably dress my age.But still stylish,the frumpy or dowdy look though isn't where I see myself

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I wear what I like and like what I wear! Usually age apporopriate!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Going with the age appropriate now. To the point that I just ordered my first gray wig. Figure the hair needs to match the wrinkles. The wig is only 50%gray/50%brown. I'm guessing my own hair has more gray than that. So a little trying to look younger even now. LOL
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I am told when dressed it subtracts like 10-15 years so maybe not what a teenager would wear, but definitely younger and not "old lady-ish"

Platinum Member

Mandatory<<-->>Optional

Hi Dawn, Getting old is mandatory but dressing that way is optional.
    I have a wide range to choose from I can dress my age or much younger.

Orchid

Gold Member
    I pretty much dress as I like, according to whatever fashions are available to fit me!!! I don't dress too young (Id' look silly), but I don't dress what one would consider to be age appropriate (which is a very vague term that doesn't mean much to me). If I like the fashion, and I think I can pull it off, I'll go for it.

I refuse to dress age appropriate..... Male or female! Not that I dress like a teenager but i color what little hair I have left and will never buy a grey wig...... That's what cosmetics are all about!! I refuse to look like an old lady or an old man! I'm almost 60 and still play ice hockey a couple times a week... I will never get old as long as I can still buy 5-hour energy!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I can't find a cane to got with my granny panties...so I wear what I want to.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    So what does this question really mean? Do I buy short dresses that are clearly to be worn by teenagers? Well, no. Why not? As an inverted triangle I would look absolutely silly with a strapless dress that displayed my broad shoulders and well-developed arms. So that's out. Women of every age are not above showing a little cleavage, so that's not an issue. Do I wear clothes that are shapeless? Well no, I am working on an evermore shapely body and I see no reason to hide it at any age.

So that comes down to legs. My entry into this world was spearheaded by "legs that won't quit" according to my wife. The skirt she first purchased for me is a flouncy little black number that stops mid-thigh at the lowest! I have tunic-length sweaters and tops that are even a bit shorter, all of them made to show off my legs in black stockings or thigh highs. Would I ever wear these out? Probably not, but I would add leggings or leather jeans and then it all works for any age.

It's a matter of body constraints and working with what you have, hiding what you want hidden, and being fashion concious as any GG would.

tina

Platinum Member
    I try to wear clothes that are attractive, stylish and appropriate both to my age, the season and the setting I'm in. So, if most women shoppers are wearing shorts or capris and tank tops, that's what I'll be wearing. And of course, I do what I can to distract attention from my arms/shoulders/hands and like Tina, emphasize the legs a bit more.

I mostly dress age appropriate. I look young for 46, so I still have cute younger looking style clothes.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Grey Wig NEVER NEVER oh and did I mention NEVER Will I wear a grey wig,rather chuck It than go down that route

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I dress age appropriate. For me its now less about sexy and more about just being me. Guess I am getting older.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Try to dress age appropriate -- but hope to look a little younger....Debra

Aspiring Member
    My GG girl friends keep telling me to dress younger and call me 'soccer mom,' but I already think I dress younger than my late 30s chronological age. I don't want to get into being a caricature and there's no way I can pull off 20s, so dressing in the Juniors and too young looking stuff just doesn;'t sit right with me.
    —Mikaela

I wear what I like and it is usually age appropiate for someone a few years younger than I am. Once in a while I will wear something that is totally wrong for my age and a bit ****ty. But, that is only for wearing at home when I'm alone. After all, I do want to have some fun.

I always dress in age appropriate styles............now all you gotta do is guess my age, because a lady never tells..............and I have been known to lie too!

what age you talkin' 'bout? The stone age? The age of reason? Rock of ages?

So, we argue and fight over the right to wear what we want, then we start deciding what is appropriate for some of us? What and when is the age thing? Is there a law somewhere I missed?

I wear what I like, as long as it is venue appropriate. What determines "age" appropriate? Some will become more conservative because they have children. So certain parts of their lives change because of that. I will buy that, that is how they feel. But "we" don't even get an age or life stage pass. Remember? If you ask a section of the public they will tell you anything you wear is inappropriate.

I say if you like it, it makes you happy and doesn't break any decency laws in your community, wear it. My opinion is no matter what gender or age or lifestyle we have, the decision as to what we look like is not anyone's but own. Too many lose the love of life because they think they have to grow old, Life is short, live it to the fullest. No re-rides here. If you are 21 and want to dress in sweats an a baggy top and flip flops...go for it. But I am going to be noticed and proud
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I dress go clothes i like rather than worrying about whether they are appropriate to my age. Mostly i'd say that my choice of clothes is similar to my age though, due to the shops i buy my clothes from!

Banned Read only
    I don't wear miniskirts anymore because they just do not look right on me. Other that, I wear what I like as long as it is stylish and appropriate for the location and situation.

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    I try to keep it age appropriate, but at the same time, I've been told that I look young for my age.

People guess me to be in my early 20's even though I am in my early 30's. In guy mode, it's kind of annoying because in a way I guess I look less manly compared to the average guy. On the other hand, it makes me look more androgynous which I don't mind. If that makes sense. Dressing like an older would definitely attract unwanted to attention. So, I try to keep my style young and casual.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    I would have to say age appropriate but only because I'm 20 years old
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IT'S EITHER WE FIGHT OR WE DIE!