Thread: More campus she-nannigans

More campus she-nannigans

So, yesterday I'm sitting in the campus computer lab, I'm in a guitar t-shirt, but I'm wearing high heel clogs and women's pants, and only eyeliner.
    One of the attendents comes over and sits next me, and she's asks if she can ask me a question. Sure, I say. Then she says, "We have a bit of a controversy about you" ... Now I'm tinking "oh s**t" Then she says "We're just not sure what to call you... Ok girl, you can breath now... So, I start to explain the TG community in most cases, prefers to be adressed as to how we are presenting. then she says somthing about not wanting to upset me or anything, but the lab assistants were just couius. I said, better to ask than to make a mistake. this then leads to a discussion of how in the TG comunity all we realy want is aceptence. I speak of how cival rights, and how it's come from blacks, women's lib, gay and lesbian rights, and now it's our turn to stand up and be recignised. At this point, she needed to return to the front desk, and as she waled away she said, "Yes, I think you deserve your turn"

That's way cool, a very uplifting story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    That's way cool, a very uplifting story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    I agree! That was really cool of her! And you handled it superbly!

WTG!

Terri

Yay!
    For some reason things like these you can get away in a college or university, and nobody gives a rats a...

but a business environment , not so much........that's the conundrum.

It is good to hear this story - acceptance has to start somewhere and it sounds like you did a great job for the cause!
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Acceptance starts with the youth!
    Great job of standing up for our TG community.

Best Wishes
    Robin Lee

Very nice! Given how open and respectful everyone was, it turned into a "win" for everyone! You, the students and us (the TG community) - we all came out for the better!

Ahh, oh I loved my uni days. I remember one time sitting outside the library having a break and a young woman walked bye dressed in leather thigh highs, leather g-string and small bra, leather cap and a cat of nine tails draped over her shoulder with study books crammed in a leather back pack. Like why was I not studying what she was, I certainly studied her though and crammed it all in a brief minute too. So many people at uni have such a great look on life and accept many for who they are and not what they have, although some Engineering, Law and Science students did not appreciate others for who they are and what they represented.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Educating the masses one at a time if necessary...very cool!
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tania_aCrossdresser View Post
    Ahh, oh I loved my uni days. I remember one time sitting outside the library having a break and a young woman walked by dressed in leather thigh highs, leather g-string and small bra, leather cap and a cat of nine tails draped over her shoulder with study books crammed in a leather back pack. Like why was I not studying what she was, I certainly studied her though and crammed it all in a brief minute too. So many people at uni have such a great look on life and accept many for who they are and not what they have, although some Engineering, Law and Science students did not appreciate others for who they are and what they represented.
    Perhaps I should be offended? <grin> I transitioned during my college days, and being the only 'girl' in some of my classes wasn't easy. Of course, being an engineering 'nerd' meant I had time to experiment and practice things like makeup and to develop my own style.

At first, I simply wore pushups and low-cut tops like leotards to show I was a 'girl', even if it wasn't without makeup. (I still love leotards!) I remember being dragged into various makeovers by other (genuine) girls (this was in the '80's - yes, I'm dating myself!) to "help me", even though a lot of them were in college for their 'Mrs.' degree. I was blessed by supportive parents and a slim build, so inserts in my bra gave me decent cleavage. This was in the days that a mixed-gender dorm was a 'radical' thing, girls on one floor, guys on another, laptops and PC's weren't even imagined, and Pascal was the 'big' programming language ... but those girls dragged this shy (ie: terrified) girl out of her shell and to various parties and events around campus and the city.
    Kara

PS: How'd I do for my first post? <grin>

Karanne,
    You did great, and welcome to the forum!

~A~