Thread: Getting a Massage at the Ritz: Male or female masseuse

Getting a Massage at the Ritz: Male or female masseuse

I'm getting a massage this weekend, courtesy of my wife. My body is shaved except for my arms. I need a very strong massage. I've been ridiculously tense for months. Should I request a male or a female with very strong hands? I don't want to freak a guy out!

It won't matter. They are professionals. Lola
    Lola M.

I've worked at a Ritz. I know they're cool, but I just want them to be comfortable so I'm comfortable.

Female. They use there elbows and knuckles to get at knots. Much deeper. Plus. A female in my experience will push harder then a male as they are not afraid of hurting you because they don't think they can push that hard.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I would agree with Natasha, and use a female if possible. A professional masseuse will not care if you are shaved or not!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member
    Unless you are expecting a sexual massage, it will not matter one bit. Both men and women are professional.

s

Phoebe girl be comfortable! Go with what you think you would feel most comfortable with! Myself it would be a female! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Whoever you pick, they'll probably appreciate the shaving, hairy legs are a pain to massage.

I am a recent grad from massage school and I would agree with Underdresser except it will be more comfortable for you being shaved not the MT. If you're hairy we would just use more oil so the hair pulling is less. If you look at the typical clientele of the Ritz; you WILL get a professional.

I also agree that male or female - doesn't matter. Either will give you a good firm Swedish; if you're going for a really deep Deep Tissue, you will be sore for a couple days after again either sex if they're good (don't think I recommend a DT your first time out). All MT use their elbows and forearms, it's better body mechanics so they won't hurt themselves and destroy their thumbs.

If more people request males then more males will be hired on, currently only about 15% of the industry is male.

Take a deep breath, Relax and Enjoy!

To those of you pushing for a female Massage therapist, thanks a lot. I'm a Massage Therapist by trade and it's hard enough to gather clients as a male. Where I work I lost half of my hours because 10-12 people would not use a male therapist (out of over 2000 patients). Now they are scheduling me as full as possible during my limited time there because most patients don't like the "Fluff & Buff" massage that the new female is capable of providing. It is hard enough to earn the trust of clients/patients without this type of sexist carp going on. To the OP---- Listen, find someone that you are comfortable with. Not every therapist is suited for every person. If they are true professionals then not much will phase them. I work with men, women, gay, straight, young elderly, shaved, and wookies. working out of a medical office I have even had to work around diapers at times. Just do it. Don't worry about the sex, they will all provide a massage to the best of their abilities.

I had a great massage, but def had some snickers when I came out. She let many know I was shaved. I really don't care, but it was a little uncool.

She is not very professional, and should be reprimanded. On behalf of other massage professionals I apologize.

Kimmy should have written "totally unprofessional" and must be told this is unacceptable. They could lose more clients than she can imagine by doing such a thing. Don't think she could lose her license for that but her career might be somewhat limited when this information gets out.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I'm not going to bother to say anything. It's not worth my time.