Thread: Moo-Moo

Moo-Moo

I've been kidding my wife about her Moo-Moo (I guess it's a nightshirt or something) that she wears around the house after showering or in the mornings before she gets dressed. I have threatened to throw it away, hide it, etc. Finally I said "If you're going to wear one, I want to wear one too." Well, she opened the dresser drawer and asked me which one I wanted!

So now I have my own blue Moo-Moo with little fish printed on it. I could have had a pink one.

She asked if it was comfortable and I answered "yes".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    That was a subtle approach for getting your wife's permission to wear one of her dressing gowns!

Some times small steps are best! Next, tell her it would look better if you had breast under it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Brings images of the Simpsons when Homer wears one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Some times small steps are best! Next, tell her it would look better if you had breast under it! Hugs!
    Yes. I missed a chance. I ordered her an "Ahh Bra" from ebay. When it came in, I said "oh, my bra is here." That was my chance to try it on in front of her but I blew it. I blow more chances than not, but I'm getting there slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by barbie lanai View Post
    Brings images of the Simpsons when Homer wears one.
    I remember that episode.
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-25-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please use edit/multiuote function
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Silver Member
    Hi sweetie.

It's a muumuu, or in Hawaiian, a mu'umu'u. It's not moo moo. It's a real dress. American women really took to the fashion in the late 60s and 70s. Having lived through that period, I remember them well. It's a very comfortable dress as there is no structure at all. It just hangs from the shoulders. But probably because there is no structure to the dress, it has not continued to be so popular as it once was. I don't own one, although my summer bathrobe could be called a muu muu. Interestingly, I have owned this robe since the late 60s. It's not really a muu muu as it has snaps in the front, but it looks and fits like one.

So congratulations. You are wearing a dress. A real dress. So you are a real crossdresser in front of your SO. A good step, don't you think?

Stephie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 08-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I would have gone for the pink! lol. Maybe you can tell her that it would look nice if your toenails were painted to match.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I guess the big question is - what are you wearing under it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I guess the big question is - what are you wearing under it?
    Well, for the time being, nothing, at least when she is around.

I used to shower and then put on a bathrobe. This is not much different from a bathrobe except it's not open in the front and it doesn't have to be tied. I got up this morning and put it on. I'm not letting this one go. I told her I needed a longer one and she said she would find me one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Hi sweetie.

It's a muumuu, or in Hawaiian, a mu'umu'u. It's not moo moo. It's a real dress. American women really took to the fashion in the late 60s and 70s. Having lived through that period, I remember them well. It's a very comfortable dress as there is no structure at all. It just hangs from the shoulders. But probably because there is no structure to the dress, it has not continued to be so popular as it once was. I don't own one, although my summer bathrobe could be called a muu muu. Interestingly, I have owned this robe since the late 60s. It's not really a muu muu as it has snaps in the front, but it looks and fits like one.

So congratulations. You are wearing a dress. A real dress. So you are a real crossdresser in front of your SO. A good step, don't you think?

Stephie
    Yes, I guess I am wearing a dress in front of her.

The mumu reflects a very sad period in American history when missionaries went to Hawaii to convert the natives. The usual dress for females was a grass skirt and some bead necklaces (for males, subtract the beads). The missionaries were horrified by this display of flesh and insisted the natives wear something to cover themselves. The mumu was less hot than the other clothing and the Hawaiians adopted this to placate the missionaries (who had American gunboats and Marines to back up their "moral" stance, along with the venereal disease the American sailors brought).
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

So I told my wife I needed something longer. She came home with two and asked me which one I wanted. I told her "both" - I need one for when the other is in the laundry. One even has lace around the neckline and elastic under the bust.