Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sure head scratcher.....

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

A sure head scratcher.....

Why don't people recognize the practice of wearing feminine clothing such as panties, pantyhose, brassieres, etc underneath their masculine clothing as a form of crossdressing out in the public, when the person is in fact crossdressing out in public?

Simply because if they can't see it how are they to know your wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post
    So if they can't see that you are crossdressing means you are not crossdressing?
    Geez, I guess all those that "pass" in public aren't crossdressing in public

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Kendra's right: it's the "public-presentation thing". The other side of the coin is that I wear panties and girl jeans on a regular basis completely in guy mode, and don't consider myself crossdressed at all. Crossdressing to me is a state of mind, having transformed to my feminine self.

And that is why we can have any number of discussions on this lovely forum, as all of us have a different take on what it is to be transgendered!

tina

Not sure what you mean. If I am out in public with feminine clothing under my male clothes, sure, I recognise the fact that I am crossdressing. Are you saying some guys don't consider that crossdressing? If you mean other people that I run into out in the public, they sure would not know what I am wearing under my male clothes. So to them, I am not crossdressing. Dis someone tell you they were not crossdressing if the clothes are not visable?

You could say that, i myself enjoy underdressing and i love the feel of pantyhose against my legs. In the winter months it's part of my everyday dressing. It's not much dressing in public but lets say if something happens it will be public very fast. A few months ago i was wearing pantyhose under my jeans and no socks on, while i was walking a lady from behind hit my shoe with her shopping cart and my runner came off and lets say it became public really fast. I looked down and seen my pantyhosed foot out in the open. She said sorry and looked at my foot a few times.

Aspiring Member
    I am a bit confused. The "people" in your question, is that Cross Dresser's or the general public?

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Why don't people recognize the practice of wearing feminine clothing such as panties, pantyhose, brassieres, etc underneath their masculine clothing as a form of crossdressing out in the public, when the person is in fact crossdressing out in public?

Mom always said wear clean underwear you might be in an accident. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Are you saying some guys don't consider that crossdressing?
    No I am saying that those that crossdress underneath your male clothing in public, take credit and consider yourself to have the jabronies to have/or be crossdressed in public.... it's just a fact that you are crossdressing in public

Perhaps you could elaborate on exatly who these people are your talking about. While ONLY underdressing is certainly a form of crossdressing, if that is the extent to which you dress I would suggest you someone with more of a lingerie fetish than a traditional crossdresser.

It's all good and fun either way so don't let those who are stressing you get your panties in a wad... Have fun

LOL I am not stressing out.... I do crossdress in public in the several crossdressing forms with confidence and fun in mind
    I am wondering why those that have experience of crossdressing underneath their male clothing in public, just don't give theirselves a well deserved pat on the back for being awesome!!!!

Aspiring Member
    I think I understand now. You are making a statement that a person that wears woman's clothes underneath their male clothes is cross dressing in public and therefore is a Cross Dresser.

Kitty

What is a traditional crossdresser?

Aspiring Member
    Now I got what you are saying and you are right.

Kitty

LOL I am not stressing out.... I do crossdress in public in the several crossdressing forms with confidence and fun in mind
    I am wondering why those that have experience of crossdressing underneath their male clothing in public, just don't give theirselves a well deserved pat on the back for being awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyagain View Post
    I think I understand now. You are making a statement that a person that wears woman's clothes underneath their male clothes is cross dressing in public and therefore is a Cross Dresser.

Kitty
    Almost had it there Kitty..... just the ending was a miss!!!

A person that wears woman's clothes underneath their male clothes is cross dressing in public and therefore is out and about in the public crossdressed

Because you're still posing as a dude, just with different undergarments.

What is a traditional crossdresser?
    That's a great question!

I hope Leslie Langford won't mind, but this is her interpretation (from a different thread) of the traditional crossdressers whom I also believe dominate this forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    ... those of us who already knew from a very early age that we were somehow "different", always had an affinity for female clothing, began borrowing and trying on our mother's, sisters', cousins' etc. clothes anywhere between the ages of 6-12, getting into crossdressing more and more as we entered our teenage years, got married with the expectation that this would "cure" us of our unusual needs (NOT!), went into denial several times during our lifetimes and purged, only to replace our female wardrobes repeatedly as the pink fog enveloped us, and late in life, finally came to accept that this is who we really were and took it to increasingly higher levels, including going out en femme periodically - and truly regretting that we hadn't done all of this much sooner after belatedly discovering that the world is a far more accepting place than we had ever imagined.
    Reine

[QUOTE=ReineD;2579933]That's a great question! QUOTE]

That is a great question. And Leslie's explaination is probably as good of an explantion as we might find. However still with some differences between each of us that fit that description. In my case, as a teenager, I would stop wearing feminine clothes whenever I was interested in a new girl or was going steady with one. My self concious would get the best of me and I always felt it was wrong when I had those special feelings for a girl. Yes, I did think my getting married would cure me of the need to dress. Like 99.99% of us, I was wrong about that. But my first wife never knew I was a cd. I would have died if she found out. I was only seventeen when I first married and divorced after 5 years. It wasn't until I met my second wife, 3 years later that I finally shared that secret with another and began the process of accepting myself along with her help. She died after 10 great years together. OPPS! Don't want to get to far off topic.
    So I am a traditional crossdresser that also underdresses at times. But either fully dressed with makeup, hose, heels, wig, forms and a nice dress, or just panties on under my jeans, I'm still a crossdresser.

Because although the words may not imply it, the topic of going out in public is really aimed at determining how much you "put yourself out there", how much risk you took, yada yada yada.

So while dressing under your clothes does introduce some risk, it's not nearly as exposing and emotional as going out in full girl mode...
    typos? Errors? Sent from my phone!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If anyone read Princess Chantal's OP correctly, they would know that she was speaking ONLY of crossdressers, not the rest of the public! Of coure she also explained that fact herself more than once!! And of course she is right. If you wear feminine clothes under your male clothes you are crossdressing, whether anybody sees it or not!

BTW, I think that I would easily qualify as a Traditional Crossdresser since I started at age 6 and am now age 79! There was a 5year period years ago when I completely stopped dressing because I thought it was better for my family!! My dear late wife begged me to start dressing again after the 5 years.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post
    So if one wears fem clothes (to any degree) alone and in the comfort and privacy of your own home, you are not a crossdresser because no-one can see it?
    Ok you can see it yourself by looking in a mirror, but what if you are blind? Does the tactile and mental aspect not count?
    I..

My Yin is meeting my Yang..
    When people can only see the circle,
    Then I will be complete!

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    When I was in the Air Force, one of the uniforms rules made it very clear that undergarments are a mandatory part of the uniform. Therefore, not wearing underwear meant you were out of uniform. I always wondered how someone would enforce that, without creating a sexual harrassment issue, at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bee View Post
    Because although the words may not imply it, the topic of going out in public is really aimed at determining how much you "put yourself out there", how much risk you took, yada yada yada.

So while dressing under your clothes does introduce some risk, it's not nearly as exposing and emotional as going out in full girl mode...
    I'm a good card player as well,
    Those that dress to blend in are not as exposing as those that dress for attention.... In that case: dressing for attention trumps "blending in".
    Should those that dress for attention deserve a higher form of praise?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If they are really good looking GG's, I would yes they deserve more attention. If they are supposedly normal CD's, I would say they deserve less attention because they are the ones who bring bad PR to crossdressers!! Unless the CD can turn himself into a beautiful lady, he should not try to attract attention! My late wife could turn me into a darn good looking lady, but I never tried to attract attention!! I have always dressed to blend in!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    So if I maintain a pedicure and think of it as part of my crossdressing, then do I fit the definition you describe? I think I do.

Actually you're moving toward the old question of "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it make a sound?" The answer is of course it does and the crossdresser who goes out wearing cute panties under his jeans or a cami under his suit coat is testing the waters of public crossdressing. These are the small steps many of us take as we explore and expand that territory we want to inhabit. I say kudos to ALL of us here. Whether or not we are going out on a regular basis and flying pretty or staying content in our own home, we are finding ways to adjust our perceptions of gender to make ourselves happier and less stressed about something that shouldn't be such an issue in this day and age.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.