Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A sure head scratcher.....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a tempest in a teapot! Chantell, if U THINK you're crossdressing, COOL! If I'm out with panties, bra, nylons under my jeans, I'M NOT!

U can call a duck a weasel if u like! But, I STILL SEE a duck!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The thing that the underdresser and the passing/blending CD have in common is that neither wants the public to know that they're a man wearing women's clothes. So, in that sense, neither are crossdressing in public. The only people actually CDing in public are the ones who are obviously and purposefully presenting as "men in skirts." Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against underdressing (something I do) or passing/blending (something I haven't got a chance of doing) but let's not look down our noses at each other when we're still in some type of closet, including the mobile kind.

sissystephanie,

If they are supposedly normal CD's, I would say they deserve less attention because they are the ones who bring bad PR to crossdressers!! Unless the CD can turn himself into a beautiful lady, he should not try to attract attention!
    Actually I take umbrage to this line.

I do not dress to pass, (unless I am going to an actual CD related thing). I dress in a manner that is usually a mix of male and female, leaning heavy toward fem. Is my overall look a bad PR thing for Crossdressers?

I act in a respectful manner, I am nice to others, I am mostly decent (That shiny dress I wore for clubbing was a challenge to maintain "decency" but was still done with some taste).

I do what many can consider "crossdressing" daily, due to my wearing of leggings in an otherwise "male" mode. Is this an affront to CDing in general?

You can say the styles I wear ARE meant to attract attention, they are also done to get people to think outside the box when it comes to their own presentation. I would love for people to see me, as a male, wearing some crazy outfits, and say "if he can do that, then so can I" and perhaps the next time show up in something that gives my style a run for its money . Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I do my damdest to NOT present a bad image, despite the oddity that I am trying to do, and do well. I always dress to the 9s in my own manner, when I go out for a CD event, or for clubbing.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I'm probably going to get slammed on this but this is the way I look at it.

If you underdress under you male clothes and your full in male mode then no I don't consider it Crossdressing out in public.
    WHY! Well it's because your not being the girl you want to be. Your not your otherself. Your just your everyday boring male side. That's it.
    I have an uncle that underdresses and does not considers himself a CD.
    Now don't get me wrong it's a foot in the door. A small step. The bud of the flower to come.
    Now if there were 10 people all guys standing in line and you had to pick out the crossdressers , 5 are underdresses and 5 were dressed as women , whom should you pick as the CDs ? You'd pick the 5 fully dressed. Why because if you did not know the other 5 were underdresses you'd never know.
    If you think it's CDing out in public then that just fine. Your opinions is not wrong nor is mine or anybody else's.
    But for me to be (OUT DRESSED IN PUBLIC) you have to be wearing womens clothing. If your full dressed , or wearing all womens clothes be in guy mode your still DRESSED in public. But if it's hidden then no I don't call it out!
    Sorry but that's MHO !
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 08-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Platinum Member
    if a tree falls on a crossdresser in the forest, and no one sees, is the person a cross dresser?

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    if a tree falls on a crossdresser in the forest, and no one sees, is the person a cross dresser?
    Ha Ha Kim I guess for the purpose of this thread we would have to know if he was dressed or just under dressed.

I saw a crossdresser this morning. How do I know he was a CD? Well the fist thing that grabbed my attention from 1/2 a block away was that I saw two people walking across the street at a major intersection. One smaller wearing typical walking or workout clothing of shorts a color corodinating tank top and shoes with medium length hair pulled back in a ponytail and with a very feminine walk and sway of the hips.
    Beside her was a rather taller and heavier person wearing a black flaired skirt DRESS with ruffels and lace around the hem, with white ankle socks and white wedges. (These are what grabbed attention right off) Also very short hair and a very muscular linebacker walk.
    As they got closer to me I could see that the female with him was acting perfectly normal walking and looking forward watching the sidewalk along her way. Her companion on the other hand was watching every one watch her. It was very obvious she was trying to be noticed and seemed to be enjoying the attention and stares from every one stopped in traffic.
    This is they type of CD that while they do bring obvious crossdressing into the public eye which perhaps over time will promote tolorance and aceptance I personally just don't appreciate their method.
    I will admit that 30 years ago the ones who brought about the GAY rights movements were the Flaming IN YOUR FACE TYPES so if thats what it takes, more power to them.
    I'ts just not and never will be my style or mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandra View Post
    So if one wears fem clothes (to any degree) alone and in the comfort and privacy of your own home, you are not a crossdresser because no-one can see it?
    Ok you can see it yourself by looking in a mirror, but what if you are blind? Does the tactile and mental aspect not count?
    Iskandra If you read the OP only, you will understand my comment was not about the person underdressing but about those who see him and have no clue he is underdressed. How could they know? The OP was very vague about who these people are who don't consider him a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    That's a great question!

I hope Leslie Langford won't mind, but this is her interpretation (from a different thread) of the traditional crossdressers whom I also believe dominate this forum:
    Originally Posted by Leslie Langford

... those of us who already knew from a very early age that we were somehow "different", always had an affinity for female clothing, began borrowing and trying on our mother's, sisters', cousins' etc. clothes anywhere between the ages of 6-12, getting into crossdressing more and more as we entered our teenage years, got married with the expectation that this would "cure" us of our unusual needs (NOT!), went into denial several times during our lifetimes and purged, only to replace our female wardrobes repeatedly as the pink fog enveloped us, and late in life, finally came to accept that this is who we really were and took it to increasingly higher levels, including going out en femme periodically - and truly regretting that we hadn't done all of this much sooner after belatedly discovering that the world is a far more accepting place than we had ever imagined.

O.K., you guys - I'm going to have that description copyrighted, and you can all send your royalties to me care of this forum!

All kidding aside, nice to see that what I said there resonated with so many people.

Et Reine, t'es vraiement un tresor!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Why don't people recognize the practice of wearing feminine clothing such as panties, pantyhose, brassieres, etc underneath their masculine clothing as a form of crossdressing out in the public, when the person is in fact crossdressing out in public?
    Here's a philosophical question: if a male crossdresser is wearing female "boyshorts", is he still technically crossdressing/underdressing?

Kind of makes me think of deadpan comedian Stephen Wrights' famous line about making instant coffee in a microwave oven and in the process, going back in time...

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    So if I maintain a pedicure and think of it as part of my crossdressing, then do I fit the definition you describe? I think I do.

Actually you're moving toward the old question of "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it make a sound?" The answer is of course it does and the crossdresser who goes out wearing cute panties under his jeans or a cami under his suit coat is testing the waters of public crossdressing. These are the small steps many of us take as we explore and expand that territory we want to inhabit. I say kudos to ALL of us here. Whether or not we are going out on a regular basis and flying pretty or staying content in our own home, we are finding ways to adjust our perceptions of gender to make ourselves happier and less stressed about something that shouldn't be such an issue in this day and age.
    First of all let me say, Awesome post!!!!!
    If you believe that your pedicure is a part of your crossdressing and you take this form of crossdressing out in to the public (visible to others or not), then you are in fact taking your crossdressing out into the public.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    What a tempest in a teapot! Chantell, if U THINK you're crossdressing, COOL! If I'm out with panties, bra, nylons under my jeans, I'M NOT!

U can call a duck a weasel if u like! But, I STILL SEE a duck!
    If you think wearing panties, bra and nylons are not a part of your crossdressing.... then I do agree with you that you are not taking your crossdressing out into public. However, if wearing these feminine items are a part of your crossdressing then you are taking your crossdressing out in to the public (visible to others or not)

I believe that wearing panties, bra, pantyhose, and/or nail polish is a part of my crossdressing. Therefore, when I am wearing these articles than I am crossdressing, no matter if it's covered up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    sissystephanie,

Actually I take umbrage to this line.

I do not dress to pass, (unless I am going to an actual CD related thing). I dress in a manner that is usually a mix of male and female, leaning heavy toward fem. Is my overall look a bad PR thing for Crossdressers?

I act in a respectful manner, I am nice to others, I am mostly decent (That shiny dress I wore for clubbing was a challenge to maintain "decency" but was still done with some taste).

I do what many can consider "crossdressing" daily, due to my wearing of leggings in an otherwise "male" mode. Is this an affront to CDing in general?

You can say the styles I wear ARE meant to attract attention, they are also done to get people to think outside the box when it comes to their own presentation. I would love for people to see me, as a male, wearing some crazy outfits, and say "if he can do that, then so can I" and perhaps the next time show up in something that gives my style a run for its money . Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I do my damdest to NOT present a bad image, despite the oddity that I am trying to do, and do well. I always dress to the 9s in my own manner, when I go out for a CD event, or for clubbing.
    Smiles with a little eye twitch at Pythos and says
    "Geez, these people that want to "blend in" sure gives our form of crossdressing some negative PR"

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    WHY! Well it's because your not being the girl you want to be. Your not your otherself.
    When I go out in public in a obvious visible full feminine appearance, I am being the crossdresser (girl?) that I want to be at that moment. When I go out in public underdressed, I am being the crossdresser (girl?) that I want to be at that moment.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 08-28-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Why don't people recognize the practice of wearing feminine clothing such as panties, pantyhose, brassieres, etc underneath their masculine clothing as a form of crossdressing out in the public, when the person is in fact crossdressing out in public?
    Perhaps it's because underdressing is far more common than we might think. Growing up in the 1960s, gender conformity was a big deal, because there was still a draft and a war going on. Transvestites could be arrested, and being gay or transgendered would get you out of the draft, but it would also get you locked out of most other opportunities as well.

In my school, the boys' toilet stalls had no doors, so you didn't want to sit, because they could see your underwear. In Junior High and High School, we had to take showers. Any type of deviation would result in acute physical pain, inflicted by those charged with "beating up the sissies, fairies, faggots and queers", usually the jocks, often under the supervision of the gym teacher.

We all wore "Tidy Whities" and having too little hair, or too much, could make you a target. Wearing shorts to school was permitted after 9th grade, but if a boy did it, he would be dragged across the asphalt pavement of the outdoor playground. The coach was trying to train the boys for military service, and those who weren't fit for service were dehumanized and atttacked. In Vietnam, we often had to fight women, and children. Some of the deadliest snipers weren't "Charlie", they were "Charlene". A 10 year old boy could throw a hand-grenade into a truck full of troops. The gym coach was giving the boys the training needed so that they could kill anyone, any time, without hesitation, the instant the order came.

But by college, we had more privacy, and in the 1970s and 1980s, we had more freedom. In the 1970s, we had the quiana shirts of Saturday Night Live, we had spandex briefs, and we had tight fitting bell bottom pants. We thought "kinky" meant leaving on the underwear while having sex.

In the 1980s, there were even more fabrics, styles and colors. And wearing women's panties was easier. With more experience, Under-dresser learned to wear baggy pants, loose shirts made of thick fabric, and jackets or sweatshirts. The panty lines and bra-lines could be seen by women, but unless they wanted to have sex with you, they probably wouldn't say anything. They might even ask you if you had seen Rocky Horror, and if you went dressed.

Most of the men, didn't have a clue.

Point of view: if you underdress, you are a crossdresser. If others can't see it/don't know it, you're not a crossdresser.

If your underdress you are still a crossdresser

The reason people dont get too much credit for it is because it is normally not seen so the public have no idea

(it a bit like if the tree falls in the forest does it still make a noise if no one can hear it )
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations