Thread: The first thought

The first thought

I was cooking today on the grill, and I bumped my hand on a sharp piece of steel. I looked at my hand and I had cut a small piece of skin off my finger. The first thought I had was Oh no that is gonna leave an ugly scab and look awful when I do my nails Has anyone else's first thought been about how it will effect their crossdressing? I found it strange I wasn't worried about if I was bleeding just that it will be ugly with polished nails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Yes, every time I get my hands dirty in the garden or putting oil in the car, I think of the need to do a super scrub on my hands, fingers and nails. Same goes for scratches on my arms and legs. Actually, I like that because I find myself trying not to get too dirty and try to avoid scratching my legs and arms.

Laughing yes so me. I manicure my hands perfectly then hesitate to get them dirty and when I break a nail its like that is 2 months of growth Arggghhhh.
    If I catch my clothes on a sharp object its off to the toilet to check if I am bleeding enough to scar.

When I shake hands with a guy I check out the fingernails first and think yuk cant you clean your nails if they have dirty nails.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I banged the middle finger on my left hand 2 months ago. I do get a manicure and pedicure every 2 weeks, and that nail still has a black mark on it!! The nail tech says it will go away in time but it sure is taking a long time!! BTW, my finger nails are always a pale pink and my toe nails are always some bright color so I can wear open toe sandals! And like Tania I always check peoples fingernails when shaking hands!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

The last week of July, I got a a couple of gashes and cuts on my legs after moutain biking in a trail that was thick with vegetation. I took a couple of spills.
    Now they're still kind of visible but amost gone, and hopefully by the time I make it to Atlanta for Southern Comfort, they'll be all gone.

Now I have to be careful for the next few weeks.

Yep, exactly! I whacked my right big toe the other day and broke the toe nail and I totally thought "How will it look with polish on it now?" And it did look like hell for a couple of weeks! :>(

ChanDelle

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Just today I was cleaning up in the lab and a screw sticking up scraped my nail and I was panicked that the nail was torn! Nothing else, just that the nail might be torn.

Not since I started wearing mechanix gloves for doing just about anything that could harm my hands! Have 5 pair! Including 2 pair of metacarple gloves... Working in underground coal mines has taught me safety first, .
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-25-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am not as "dangerous" as this is going to make me sound like I am.

I have an incredible ability to ruin and break things. I quit wearing watches because I always manage to snap off the bands with a wrist-turn, or break/scratch the crystals. I do not buy prescription glasses, I buy readers at the dollar store (about 4-5 pairs/month), because I brake the frames.I don't wear neck jewelry because I either catch/snap the chains or come close to hanging myself on something. I rarely wear a ring because I have peeled the skin off of a knuckle several times in the past. One of the reasons I wear a hat a lot is to protect myself from whacking my head on things when I raise up from projects.

I am still amazed that I have never suffered any real physical damage in my life. Not even a broken finger. It's all been cuts, pulls and bruises. I guess it is because I am all bone/muscle and in pretty good shape.

To answer the question, yes. I wear shorts almost year-round and I am an expert at running into low profiles objects like coffee tables. My specialty is hitting my tibia (flat face of lower leg that immediately sends you to the floor in pain). I am also great at cutting the skin on my calf muscles.

The first thing that always comes to mind is "How am I going to cover this up wearing pantyhose?"

Last edited by eluuzion; 08-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yup! Every time I take a chunk of flesh off of any place that is visible in my girly best, I get the oh $#!+ syndrome too.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Yep all the time...I recently stubbed my toe and the following morning I had a bruise under my big toenail....I had just given myself a pedicure and my toes looked amazing and I was excited that I could wear sandals and Flip Flops without polish for a while....Then here is this big ugly black and blue bruise...that has been more than a month ago and when I removed the polish just a few days ago to change colors...I saw that it is still there.... but it is a lot smaller a good deal less noticable.
    Oh well....gave me yet another excuse to buy nail polish...not that I ever needed an excuse.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 08-26-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: spell checkr'
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Many years ago when I first started shaving my legs, I was using a brand new razor and I shave a big gash on the inside of my leg just above the ankle.

The scar has faded over the years but it has always bothered me especially since I wound up having to wear a big piece of gauze and tape under my pantyhose that night.

I was walking through the construction site and i snagged on a piece of wood with a nail and it scraped my leg and ripped my pants. The first thing i thought of was, thank God i don't under dress at work and then i thought how bad my legs are going to look in a skirt.

Lol. I stupidly walked into a trailer hitch behind a truck a couple months back. It left quite a bruise for a while on my shin. My first thought -while I was in boy mode at the time - was how's that going to look in a skirt

Karen I was shaving my legs today and was thinking if I cut myself I am going to be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    Many years ago when I first started shaving my legs, I was using a brand new razor and I shave a big gash on the inside of my leg just above the ankle.

The scar has faded over the years but it has always bothered me especially since I wound up having to wear a big piece of gauze and tape under my pantyhose that night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I was digging in the dirt to replace a broken sprinkler pipe. I broke a nail!

Yes, i get cut and bruises all the time and my wife said the other day how can you get so dirty and then be so much of a girl, i do landscraping and have a a farm and its hard to be clean and not get cuts and scratches but i'm really been trying lately

Aspiring Member
    Ypu know, I snag my nails dreadfully when I make the bed, I've thought a bout gloves but in the bedroom?