Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walk like a woman

Aspiring Member

Walk like a woman

How do you walk like a woman?

You can watch videos on Youtube for ideas. A quick basic answer is to have good posture and lead w/ the hips.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    One foot in front of the other Stand tall tread lightly and place walk along more of a centerline. Don't attempt to sway it looks fake and silly.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

yea, I was about to say, the "lead with the hips" is kinda the characture of a woman's walk. What I see is women walk in a manner as if they are walking along a line, one foot pretty much in front of the other. This causes the "sway" that leading with the hips supposedly causes.

Honestly though, A GG would be best to answer this question, though I will bet it is so natural to them that they may have a hard time discerning what it is they do.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Yes, a GG would be best but probably may have trouble describing. Maybe Reine will be by, I'm sure she's helped her SO in that arena?

I find if you simply place one foot in front of the other it can be robotic/runway'ish if you're not careful. It does create a sway in the hips though. Not being to uptight but having good posture helps. I mentioned Youtube but also watching how women walk in public can help. Just don't stare too long or be creepy!

Aspiring Member
    I tried walking with my feet forward one time because I noticed they pointed out when I walked and thought the toes were supposed to point straight forward. So I tried walking with my toes forward and it caused my legs and feet to be closer together when I walked but at the time I never connected that type of walking to women.
    When I was younger when I was walking behind young women I would watch them walk and then I had to consciously make an effort not to walk like them because I would get comments from the people behind like "swing that a**" because apparently I was walking like the girls in front of me and I didn't know it.
    What I do not get is the posture. How do you know if your posture is good?

Former Member
    Women have wider hips than men do, this is what causes their "sway". It's natural for them. I have tried for years to walk like a woman and have never been able to pull it off. My wife says I look silly when I try!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    High heels help me! As long as I'm in 4" or higher, I believe my walk is more fem! Anything less than that and I mite as well start mooing as I walk!

Helps my posture a lot, too.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Walk with hips, straight line, elbows tucked in and thumbs turned forward, letting arms swing free. I practice this whenever I can. Did this in Vegas last year and got kudos from several women. Got carried away and walked a couple of miles on the strip in 4" heels. Ended up with massive blisters on the balls of both feet. Lesson - wear good fitting, well designed shoes and don't over do it.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I would reccommend practicing all of this in front of a mirror. It will seem awkward, at first, but it will become more natural and thus look more natural, over time.
    Last edited by Miss Maxine; 08-26-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Good point Alice. Walking from the top of the legs and not at the knee.

The other key point is use your feet not your hands. Its just not very lady like.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I have surveyed 6 women on this and they all say one step forward at a time. Try not to fall over. C'mon people do you ever watch women walk in the mall? They all walk differently. If you want to be specific ask how does a model on the cat walk walk, or how do women who sashay walk. I have seen everything from the "cat walk" which is overdone by models (virtually crossing your feet in front of each other as you walk) to lumbering and trundling (side to side with stiff legs).

So is the question "how do women walk when they are out on the town in high heels looking to attract attention?" Then it would be "Swing those hips baby"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Along with all the other advice, with a mind towards keeping it simple, learning to walk in high heels will almost make you walk like a woman. Like a golf swing, it's best to not overcomplicate it. But also like a golf swing, there are a few things that you really ought to consider to make it work right. Alice has it down pretty well, I think. Keep the elbows in and the thumbs out, and try not to lumber around. No knuckle-dragging! Don't slouch, keep your shoulders back....no Quasimodo stuff here! With some practice, you'll be doing the chick walk in no time.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

a bit nutty
    High heels are the real trick. Master them and the walk comes naturally. I need to keep my back straight, and take smaller more deliberate steps or I'll fall ass over tea kettle when wearing them! The heels also keep me from waddling like a Penguin, and keep my toes pointed forward rather than the 45deg. angle they seem to normally point. Don't drag the heels, they make an awful grating sound when you do!

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    Women have wider hips than men do, this is what causes their "sway". It's natural for them. I have tried for years to walk like a woman and have never been able to pull it off. My wife says I look silly when I try!
    That's it. They also tend to swing their arms a bit more than men do, but their shoulders stay straight; men tend to move their shoulders more. And if you watch any runway shows, you'll see that they almost cross their pace from one foot to another, right over left, left over right. I believe there was a previous thread here somewhere which described it all. Yup, here it is.

Search is your friend, and it's easy to use.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...highlight=walk

And here's the explanation behind it:
    http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

How do you walk like a woman? It's just like the old joke, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" - practice, practice, practice. Practice watching other women walk. Practice walking yourself (and not just walking either. Practice your overall feminine deportment too). Practice in heels - it helps. In high heels you'll be taking smaller steps and slower steps too. Now go strut your stuff

I am another one for the heels doing the trick.
    If I am in 4” heels I can only walk as a woman.
    But if I try to use anything higher than 4” heels I start to walk like a drunken gorilla.
    Not good!

SUZY

Another for the heels thing, my 5 inchers pretty much force me to walk like a woman if I don't want to fall on my face.
    -Guide me safely in worlds I've never been to-

I am all for the 'high heel' method and 'leading with the hips', and as for watching women just be sure not to stare too long and make sure the women you are emulating share your body type (height, weight, leg length) and are carrying themselves like you want to. It does no good to try and walk like a leggy, skinny woman if (like me) you have short and pudgy legs

Silver Member
    I find keeping my shoulders back and slow my pace with my elbows in close to my sides helps. But practice is key. The reason women do it so well is that they practice it every time they walk somewhere.

Really?
    I looked today and aside from walking a bit more relaxed I didn't see a whole lot of difference.

I guess the question is really about will I be outed by the way I walk? If you try to walk in heels like you do in flats you are out! And keep your knees close together! If you want to see a good example of how not to do it try watching Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in "Some Like it Hot"! With Marilyn M as a 'control'!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hips first, heels first, arms in, shoulders back, small steps, shift side to side...If a woman "practiced" that all the time she would never get anywhere to start. Let's be truthful here, you all don't want to walk like women (because there isn't a specific woman's walk) you want to walk like parody of women. I am surprised no one has mentioned wearing pencil skirts or tying your knees together or throwing your hip with each step to the side like a stripper. Or walking with a book on your head.

The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I walk like I walk... The only practice i did was getting used to walking in high heels without falling on my rear.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Read only
    It's the one thing I find easy. I used to copy my ex. I've never watched myself so I don't know for sure!. I just try to be light on my feet keep keep my feet and arms in closer and wiggle a little.