Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walk like a woman

The best tutorial I have found is to just girl watch at the mall or some other public place-just don't stare. GG's come in all shapes and sizes and each has her own individual style of walk. Study them all and come up your own personal style. It also may help to video yourself from both front and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    C'mon people do you ever watch women walk in the mall? They all walk differently.
    Bingo!

Women have a wide range of physical structures and an equally wide range of gaits. Those with wide hips sway while those with narrow hips walk pretty much with level hips.

I find that I feel more like I'm "walking like a woman" when I'm wearing heels. Even low heels, like 1-1/2", cause me to shorten my stride and walk more deliberately. Most woman's flats will also force you to walk more deliberately since they offer little support as compared to mens's shoes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think that some can exaggerate the motion in walking femininely. If you look at women in general walking you will see a lot of different ways they walk. Some walk very attractively as though they do command the path and some quite differently but all the hips or buttocks do move (sigh, I lover researching this). The hard thing I feel to conquer is to minimize the hip sway so that it looks naturally feminine.
    One thing I liked is to walk with thighs together to a degree.
    I find putting one foot slightly across the center line in front of the other is very hard for me in 5" high heels, 4" no problems. The position of the arms and shoulder swing is very important. Arm slightly turned out and a slight swing in the forearm seems to be common amongst many women who walk.
    Some men who try to walk like a woman do walk bow legged with feet turned out, shoulders hunched and fists/palms turned into the body. Naturally aggressive look I guess to intimidate as per innateness of hunter/gatherer style.
    Walking femininely is very hard to accomplish but practice and self criticism helps.
    If one downloads a nice female walk and takes still images as the walk accomplishes one full movement then one can study the positions of legs, arms, shoulders, head, feet, and even a slight kick of the lower leg.
    I always try to practice the walk when I am out on my warm-up and cool down prior to running because longer distances enable you to correct yourself rather than trying say in the hallway of home or office.
    CAUTION: The study of female walks can be dangerous so avoid prolonged stares Some women do not like it at all and I understand too

I find that taking shorter steps, elbows in and keep my mind on what I am doing helps a little. However my wife I are always watching how women walk and (no offense to the GG's) we have both noticed that some women walk like truckers (no offense to the truckers). I guess the main thing I try to remember is not to stomp when I walk and keep the elbows in and a little arm swing. Even in drab my wife is always telling me to slow down so that becomes a good time to practice smaller steps.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Yep. Put on a pair of heels, I think 2.5 to 3 " is enough, and seriously one foot in front of the other.about 6" from heel to toe. you"ll be swinging.
    regent,

Aspiring Member
    I tend to take small steps when I am barefoot because I don't like getting my foot jabbed or sharp objects poked into the bottom. My first weekend out here, I went on a camping trip and jabbed my big toe. That was the first weekend of July and the toe is still swollen compared to the other toe. I may have fractured it. Regretfully there is almost nothing they can do for those except tell you not to walk on it.
    I tried that thing with the elbows in and the thumbs out. I noticed it causes my fore arm to jut out at an angle when I am standing.

Yoga! Yoga! Yoga! It seems the looser hip area the more pronounced the hip movement. Interestingly enough though it is no the sway in lateral plane but movement of the hip/leg joint up and down according to pressure of the upper body forcing down onto leading hip side. Sway comes in as the after effect, so looseness of hip ligaments is paramount to a good sexy walk.
    Males have nearly no stretch and the older you get the stiffer you become, females have an extreme genetic ligament stretchability, especially in the hip area due to potential of child birth.
    So if you are a male who wants sexy female walk then you have got some stretching to do, ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fortunate/unfortunate to have a genetic disability in my lower spine, forcing me to stretch hip and lower back daily and in my youth being a karate kid I have achieved an extreme stretch comparable to that of ballet dancer.
    I do shake my tush 24/7

I don't understand the "heels" thing because not all women wear high heels and those who do don't wear them all the time.

There are some good pointers on youtube. Watching other women walk and recording your own attempts will help. And yes, not all women walk alike.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I don't understand the "heels" thing because not all women wear high heels and those who do don't wear them all the time.

There are some good pointers on youtube. Watching other women walk and recording your own attempts will help. And yes, not all women walk alike.
    The point is Linda, women walk like women all the time because they are women. [I worked that out by myself. Impressive yes?]
    But we need help. So when in heels we also walk like women. [Or hope we do]

SUZY

Gold Member
    I am with the "women walk many different ways group". If you try to walk like women do (however that may be), you certainly could end up over emphasizing what you are trying to do and turn more attention to yourself. At most, I would consider toning down anything that is over-masculine like your arms being 6" away from your side (obviously from an overly muscular chest ), but that is more trying to not do something rather than trying to do something. Just relax and walk.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    True, but 99% of those who wear heels are women so if a CDer adopts the modified gait of heels it gives a strong feminine visual (and often audio) cue to the observer.

How one handles one's arms while walking is also a strong cue. Some women hold the strap of their shoulder bag with one hand while the other is swinging and held slightly further away from the body to maintain balance. No man does that, so it is a feminine cue.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

the corset helps me a lot, i feel like i get a little sway in my walk like they are wider.

Also wearing heels and taking shorter steps helps.

The corset does help me.

Aspiring Member
    I think I can add to this. After a back injury some years back, a Physical Therapist, watched me walk and said, no you have to walk somewhat like a woman to strengthen the back. To do this, try to push the leg forward to take a step with the hip more. When you do that, it pulls the steps into more of a straight line and therefore the woman's walk.

Kitty

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    True, but 99% of those who wear heels are women so if a CDer adopts the modified gait of heels it gives a strong feminine visual (and often audio) cue to the observer.

How one handles one's arms while walking is also a strong cue. Some women hold the strap of their shoulder bag with one hand while the other is swinging and held slightly further away from the body to maintain balance. No man does that, so it is a feminine cue.
    Not exactly true. I did when I was in high school. Holding the bag with one hand and letting the other swing. Not sure what that has to do with femininity though. I thought it was girlish to swing both your arms but I guess I had it backwards?

Other times, I would hold one arm to the side still, and let the other swing but never both until I was in the military then I had to let both of them swing.

Heels are definitely the key for me. When I wear heels, (with hosery), I dont walk like a woman, I' m a woman. The woman I like to be ( very sexy) But this feeling is so personal and mixed with my fetishes and sexual pleasures.....
    Just, looking for your own style of walking, you'll find yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Lipstick, high heels, panties and mini skirt...that's me!!! Farrah

I walk like me.

And I hate heels, which may be blasphemy here, but there you are.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Someone (god knows who) told me a long time ago,that a man can never replicate a womans walk.Well Ive spent the last 10 years trying to prove them wrong.Im Passable from behind (pity I gotta turn around )

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I agree with the heel wearing theory. I think if you practice walking with heels then maybe you could be walking like a woman at other times. When I'm walking dressed in drab my mind sometimes has to turn on to get me to go back to walking like a man. I would not say that i perfected a womans walk but at times i can feel like I am walking in a fem way.

A great way to learn a lot is to go to your nearest mall and casually people watch. You can get a real good grip on today's fashions, and how GG's go about their everyday lives, their actions, posture etc. I know it has helped me a whole lot over the years.

i've notice that when some women walk, you can hear their nylons rubbing against on another i try to do this when i am dressed.

Hi.

Go out to your local army or air force compound & see how women walk. off & on the parade ground. thats telling now ...a....

i wear flates most of the time . as to the cat walks iv yet to see any of those models walk properly . its a show. nothing more.

Most women have a natual walk not feet in front of each other most are in line & just apart. as to the distance between thier upper legs thighs. wider hips. on the ground about 2 in's apart. a natual gait, no upper body movement left or right tho i have seen one or two do it. & every woman walks differently,

Back straight or in line as to curviture of spine though not tight, fluid or flowing , as a woman friend said to me its a lossen up a bit.

Its about being light on your feet & nimble fairies you use the front of your feet not the heel. army slow march come to mind toes down first.
    Im not a male & never walked as one yet i have my own style of walking & its how i walk naturaly.

As to heels they can & do over time kill your arches puts strain on lower to upper thigh's & can mess up your lower spine & knee's sad to say fact is they are bad for your health

while walking in high heels , the center of gravity is thrust forward high heels cause arthritis back strain & soft tissue over compensates when under strain plus a lot more. & even trans are now haveing the same problems woman have,so dont wear heels for long periods its not now its latter youll pay for it, & they can cripple you.

Health & well being , = are heels bad for your health,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-02-2011 at 06:52 AM.

I used to date a woman who walked like a constructon worker. Other than that, she had a nice figure and was pretty small and feminine. My wife sways only a little when she walks. She doesn't walk like a man, but not a pronounced "female" walk either. I worked for a few years with a female and she would drive me crazy if I walked behind her. I once found myself almost hypnotized by her walk when she got out of the car I was driving and walked into a building.

So yes, women walk differently.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    It is really dependent on where the weigth is. I'm sure Kellycan 27 is in all the right places.

Alcohol, if you can walk in high heels when you've had a few, sober is a doddle, Lol...

Or you could try walking around with a few books on your head

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I suggest watching both men and women. The differences and similarities become much more apparent when you watch both. And hips and feet location aren't the only difference. Women also generally have a different arm movement.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein