Thread: Earrings - The Feel

Earrings - The Feel

I pierced my ears a while ago have have been showing up at work with earrings ever since. Progressed from the small studs which came with the piercing to hoops now that have some clearance between the ring and the bottom lobe of my ears.

What I have noticed is how wonderful it feels to have the weight of the earrings give a gentle tug on my ears. Sitting here in Starbucks on a Saturday the hoops are a bit bigger. Totally independant of how they look (which I also enjoy very much), I just love the feel!

Yes I love the feel of dangley ear rings also. But typically I only wear those when enfemme. One year at Christmas right after getting my ears pierced, wore a pair a dangley jingle bell ear rings with green/red Christmas bows at the lobes in guy mode. And once wore a pair of three tier pearl ear rings in guy mode.

Bummer for me is the heavier ear rings seem to stretch the holes into slashes, and then the little keeper on'ers will find their way through the hole and the ear ring falls off.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

I love the feel too! The dangley ones can't be beat! For the past year that's all I have worn! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Lightbulb This may well be the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Richards View Post
    Earrings - The Feel
    Thanks Lauren, I have been looking for the breakthrough to get my SO to accept "the head" as part of my feminine being. What I mean is, she's accepted all the rest, but not the top part.

This may well be the answer? You have given me the idea with your thread, that maybe if I get my ears pierced and start wearing some "diamond studs with my female duds," she just might start to thaw out bit on the "head" subject? As you can tell, I really do need some help in making my "Sound Barrier" breakthrough to full femininity!

(My common plea) Help me make that "sonic boom," OK?

Aspiring Member
    I have several dangling snap ons,but truly amm looking for the very sophisticated pearl posts. Maybe Santa will bring. Huh!!!

way back when I wore earrings, my absolute favorite was a pair of 1/4" pearls at the end of a 1" delicate silver chain. Very petite and feminine

Jenn

I hope to get mine pierced fairly soon. When I can aford the earings. I think about it constantly clip-ons just ain't cutting it.

I had one pierced many years ago when it was fashionable for arty guys to have one earring. I keep wanting to get the other one done too!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    Lauren, my ears are not pierced but I wear the lever back so they hook to my ear. The ones I have on today are very heavy and I do love the way they feel even though they are not pierced. Pierced would be better but this is a close second.

Misti, and others who have not pierced their ears. Try the leaver back earrings. It will look just like you have pierced ears. I know it looks like it would hurt but it does not when you get them on right.

My wife and I can now share earrings. We bought some new ones this weekend then playfully fought over them to see who would wear them first.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Yep, I love the feel of dangling earrings. When I dress, that's the last thing I put on and it seems like "icing on the cake"! I do have some fairly heavy ones, but I don't like to wear them too long. Like Barbie says, heavy earrings can elongate the holes.
    Last edited by debbeelee1; 08-27-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I want to get my ears pierced.... dangly earrings are the best! But finding just the right feminine earring look... that takes time
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

I'm with Barbie and all the rest of you, too. Not looking to have a large hole in my ears to match the one some think I have in my head. Using a toothbrush to clean the piercings doesn't have much appeal to me, actually. I have a couple of pearl mounted on studs that I am dying to wear, and some light-weight ones that are a couple of inches long. Went on a bit of a binge when earrings were on sale a couple of weeks ago, and now have some of both the stud and dangly type. Love them all!

Had worn the clip-on type for years, and yes, getting that final pinch in the ear really felt great, too. I decided to go for the piercings because there are so many more on the rack to choose from, and I just felt it was time for me to stop worrying so much about what others may think. Overall, I have had a very positive experience.

The cost was very reasonable, too. I bought several self-piercing kits on Ebay (a couple for my ears and a couple to test on a slice of bacon) for less than $10. Earrings can be very inexpensive, and I know how you like to shop.

Thank you all for you comments! So much fun to hear of your experiences.

There are a number of products which support heavy pierced earrings
    http://www.lobe-wonder.com/
    When I realized that my lowest piercings were starting to look like commas (,) I started using them

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I had mine pierced 5 days ago after putting it off the urge for many years, and now that it is done it feels great. I smile everytime I see them in the mirror and just the feeling of them being there. So far no one has made any mention of them to me and I'm sure some of my long time friends are wondering but are too polite to ask. Cannot wait till I can put the hoops in that I bought and then the longer ones for those special times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

I thought I was the only one who thought the feeling of earings was really great. It all started with one ear piercing about 26 years ago, which I thought was really nice, to the two in each ear I now have. The larger hoops are really a real sexy feeling.

I have worn earings for over 7 years now and have a large collection, from studs to some very dangelling ones. My wife has had several pairs made for me. I agree. Love the feel and look.

I finally got mine pierced about 8weeks ago now and wow what a time to adjust. I have those little balls that one spends an hour trying to screw back on. Then I forget and off goes the t-shirt and so to the ear lobes get stretched then WOW I sure know they are still attached. I look forward to getting nice chandelier earings and also experiencing the swing but till I get used to screwing these wee little balls on the stupid little bolt and avoiding the ear lobe stretch during disrobing I will continue the salt water bathing.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For me it's not the mass of the earring, but the movement of the mass! Maybe it's just that it keeps reminding Tina that they are there!

I like dangly ones that also make a nice discreet jingle when you move about.

Hi,

So is the thinking , a show & tell. & that brings me to neckless's . how far do we go.

...noeleena...

Getting mine pierced this Friday. Yeah!
    Rebecca Bas

have real connexion to my earrings- three piercings in left ear one in right and wouldnt be without them now at anytime, danlies sensual on the skin of my neck, hoops to pull and twist while trying to think or concentrate

About a year ago, I got mine pierced...I now have 4 gauge circular ball closure rings of about 5/8 inch interior diameter that I wear all the time...My holes are capable of 2 gauge...But I'm waiting for enough stretch to order some zero gauge 1/2 inch screwball rings...That should do it...Nice and heavy,,they swing around nicely...Not too girly though.
    smooches Jackie
    Jackie