Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Crossdressing help to reduce the stress?

Is Crossdressing help to reduce the stress?

Is crossdressing is really good option to reduce the stress. I am stressed out and thinking to go out as a girl to reduce the stress. is it going to help ?

Maybe yes maybe no, it all depends on you hon. I know if I get on the grumpy side my wife will be the first person to tell me "go get dressed and put on your makeup and feel better", works for me

For me, it definitely reduces my stress. It's quite noticeable to my wife as well. She suggests frequently that I need to dress and go out. For me, when dressed I'm somehow "closer to who I really am."

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Carol said it correctly. It all depends on you. The stress is from within, so only you can decide what works to get rid of it! I rarely do get stressed, but if it happens I do dress enfemme and usually feel better very soon!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

For some dressing relieves stress, for others it increases stress, for others it does nothing for stress. I've found dressing at home (my wife knows & is ok with it) to be satisfying and it does seem to reduce stress. But going out, while fun, increases stress.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 09-21-2011 at 10:03 PM.

No... Not at all... Not for me.... Now playing ice hockey is a good way to reduce stress! Nothing like checking someone's ass into the boards!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This is the reason why I dress. Jessica is different. I feel like a different person. Jessica has no stress. I'm constantly getting work emails and phone calls. It's nice to forget about it all, and do something Jessica wants.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

It reduces my level of stress - but only after I was able to enjoy interacting with people while dressed

Kendra, I would have to agree with others that the stress relief really depends on you and your situation. If you are married or have a so then it would add to the stress if they do not know of your dressing. I know that like the others when I get a little on the cranky side my wife will suggest some Renee time for me. I certainly do feel more relaxed when in Renee mode. I stay at home (havent been out dressed in probably a year) and do office work for hours for my wife's business or just sit and watch some television. It can be a wonderful stress reliever, or be a stress incrreaser if you have to watch over your shoulder all of the time afraid of being caught if those around you dont know. Have fun with it!

Platinum Member
    seems to me, you have to answer that question for yourself.

Yes, for many it is a great, "harmless" escape..All (including me!) need to be careful not to overindulge!

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Perhaps its worth considering this - stress may be relieved by going out and enjoying the sensation . However , what if that is the self medicating effect became compulsive and over enthralling ? Alcohol is a fantastic example of how NOT to cure stress , and we can indulge in that everyday if we wish to.
    Surely shouldnt the stress be dealt with at the source ??

For me, it's partially a defense mechanism. When I'm crossdressed, I usually don't focus on the problems in my life. Instead, I spend time doing household chores, shopping online, reading, watching movies. It's a way of compartmentalization that allows me to escape from the misery for a short time. Not to mention, I crossdress to reduce the stress of suppressing the desire to crossdress!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It definitely does for me -- I just got back from vacation that was fun but not relaxing and I feel the need to let Debbie out..............Debra

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I don't know... But it calms me down a lot

My bestie and I were talking about this topic last night. I think for some of us it does kinda become a stress reducer. But for me, for example, when I was out with her last night trying to shop for something to wear for Gay Days in Anaheim (unofficial Disneyland gay day... not gay btw), it was a little stressful because I was specifically looking for something to wear for an upcoming event. On other days when I don't have to worry about something like this, I do find it relatively calming to be my femme side.

It definately is a stress reliever for me, I even sleep better. Its just like a great relief looking and smelling pretty. and who doesnt love seeing their reflection when they look good. I almost never look in the mirror when I'm not dolled up
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

Yep, it does wonders for me... temporarily, of course.

jenn

Yes! As I told my therapist it allows me to be someone else for awhile. There I can enjoy the feeling of a smooth body, silky clothing, smelling fine . I'm Wendae and I feel wonderful.

Platinum Member
    Dressing and setting in on this forum is a great stress reliever for me.

Orchid

I have less stress and more sympathy as Arlene tha I do when I'm in male mode.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I used my crossdressing to help quit drinking! I used to stress and turn to the bottle, but now I get dressed, mellow out and go shopping. Shopping at thrift stores and only buying something that I really want actually ends up costing me a lot less than less than all of those bottles of Beam, or case after case of beer! Plus no alcohol helped me shed 45 lbs... a great bonus!

Ooooh! Good question!

I think the answer depends on who you are and why you dress. For me the answer is yes - crossdressing helps relieve stress. That's because I get to cut loose, lose many of my inhibitions and escape into something away from ordinary. I love crossdressing!

Of course it may not be the same for you. If you have a significant you're hiding it from, guilt issues or are simply embarrassed then maybe not.

The venue and situation will probably make a difference. When I go out dressed to places I know are CD friendly I love it! When I go to places I haven't been before I get a little anxious. Pick your place, pick your situation and most importantly pick your outfit! The black or red pumps with that skirt?

Relax and enjoy!

Mercedes

For me yes it does seem to make me less stressful, I do not know why but I figure if it works why not.
    Amanda

Does dressing up reduce my stress? I am not sure.
    Does not dressing increase my stress? Absolutely, without question!