Thread: It took a long time - ears pierced

It took a long time - ears pierced

It has taken a long time to get my ears pierced. I couldn't do it when I was working because the dress code called for men to remove earrings while working. After mt retirement I was on a purge, and then my Wife was against it, but today I went with my Daughter to the mall and got my ears pierced. Now the wait begins before I can remove them and wear something a bit more feminine.

Wore my flip-flops, so I could show off my newly polished toe nails too, but nobody took notice. When it came my turn to get my ears pierced I looked down and noticed that the girl doing the piercing had just about the same color on her toes. I said to my Daughter, "look she has almost the same color on her toes." I think I caught the poor girl off guard because she just stared at my toes for one of those pregnant moments before she was able to speak and she said " your toes look a lot better than mine, you have more coats on your nails - they look very nice" she then looked up and smiled. Anyway, it was a good afternoon, not great, but good. Great would have been if I had been able to go enfemme, well one of these days I'll get up the courage to go to the mall enfemme.
    Babs

Platinum Member
    Hi Barb, That's something that I think about every day.

Orchid

I worked for a guy who was straight, clean cut and dressed conservatively, but had ear rings in both ears. I don't think it carries the stigma it once did, at least not where I live.

My experimentation with piercings was brief. I grew up back East and hung with the stoner crowd and most of them had their left ear pierced. We wore jeans, black leather jackets and Black Sabbath T-shirts. Anyway, one of my friends was telling me I should get my ear pierced, and being young and suggestible I got my left ear pierced. I had a starter ring in there for a week or so, then it fell out while I was sleeping and I couldn't find it so I put a safety pin in it (I was in a punk rock phase at that time and it seemed to fit). I didn't sterilize the safety pin so my ear got infected and I got pissed off and threw the pin away and said "To hell with this."

Back East in the 80s they said if you had an ear ring in your left ear you were cool, but if it was in your right ear you were "queer" or a "fag".......unless you lived in California.......then it was either the other way around........or neither....or both, nobody knew what the hell they were talking about back then because they were all strung out on cocaine and none of them had even been to California.
    Last edited by L'eggs n' heels; 06-26-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: East
    Sophia.

I look forward to getting my ears pierced. I cannot do it until I retire (3.5 more years) but as soon as I leave my retirement ceremony I am heading straight out to get it done.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

After the RTC took over Imperial Savings, and several other S&Ls in the area, and we all lost our jobs, and our pensions I couldn’t find work as a programmer/analyst and ended up working in retail sales. Even though I was in California, known for its liberal attitudes, the company had a very strict dress code, no visible piercings or tattoos. For awhile we had a man with tattoos that covered his arms, I believe they call them sleeves, and he had to wear long sleeved shirts that complete covered his tattoos, even in the summer. I always wondered what the store would have done when the company switched to knit pull over shirts that only came with short sleeves.

I was a LEO in the Seventies and supposedly a ring in one ear meant you were gay and a ring in the other ear meant you were a druggie; I don’t recall seeing many men with earrings in both ears. I never could remember which ear meant which and I always thought it was more urban legend than fact. I do remember going into a bar because we got a call that there were minors in the bar and finding several Hell’s Angels – the two minors, girls, ran out the back door – when we went after them we found ourselves in the back parking lot surrounded by fifteen to twenty Hell’s Angels. I remember thinking “Oh sh_t this could be bad” our cover was across the street in front of the bar and had no way of knowing we out back – surround by some really mean looking dudes. Turns out they were cool, even invited us to come back when we got off shift and have some beers (no I didn’t go back), but I do remember that some had rings in their left ear and some had rings in their right ear and I believe a few had rings in both ears. I think if you were a Hell’s Angel, wearing earrings (plural) nobody in their right mind was going to call you a “’queer’ or a ‘fag’” – even in California.

The back of one of mine earrings fell off last nigh while I was doing the prescribed “turning” and I had a heck of a time putting it back on. I think I may have gotten to tight, but I gave up trying to loosen while lying in bed; I’ll look at when I clean my ears with the solution they gave me.
    Babs

Way to go Babs...Keep them clean...and follow the instructions...As I recall, about 2 weeks healing time and I took out the studs and replaced them with little SS rings..They've now grown into 4 gauge, 5/8 inch diameter ..I'm wondering what people think when they see a man in flip flops, with bright pink toe nails...? Mine are very pale pink...but still occasionally draw comments...To which I reply.."I like them that way"..Don't you just love the new look? I know I did...smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    After the RTC took over Imperial Savings, and several other S&Ls in the area, and we all lost our jobs, and our pensions I couldn’t find work as a programmer/analyst and ended up working in retail sales. Even though I was in California, known for its liberal attitudes, the company had a very strict dress code, no visible piercings or tattoos. For awhile we had a man with tattoos that covered his arms, I believe they call them sleeves, and he had to wear long sleeved shirts that complete covered his tattoos, even in the summer. I always wondered what the store would have done when the company switched to knit pull over shirts that only came with short sleeves.

I was a LEO in the Seventies and supposedly a ring in one ear meant you were gay and a ring in the other ear meant you were a druggie; I don’t recall seeing many men with earrings in both ears. I never could remember which ear meant which and I always thought it was more urban legend than fact. I do remember going into a bar because we got a call that there were minors in the bar and finding several Hell’s Angels – the two minors, girls, ran out the back door – when we went after them we found ourselves in the back parking lot surrounded by fifteen to twenty Hell’s Angels. I remember thinking “Oh sh_t this could be bad” our cover was across the street in front of the bar and had no way of knowing we out back – surround by some really mean looking dudes. Turns out they were cool, even invited us to come back when we got off shift and have some beers (no I didn’t go back), but I do remember that some had rings in their left ear and some had rings in their right ear and I believe a few had rings in both ears. I think if you were a Hell’s Angel, wearing earrings (plural) nobody in their right mind was going to call you a “’queer’ or a ‘fag’” – even in California.

The back of one of mine earrings fell off last nigh while I was doing the prescribed “turning” and I had a heck of a time putting it back on. I think I may have gotten to tight, but I gave up trying to loosen while lying in bed; I’ll look at when I clean my ears with the solution they gave me.
    Yeah, Babs..as I recall that was the reason for the quick change-over to rings...The tightness of the little clips..I have very big earlobes, and I think in order to reach the clip in spot on the shaft to clip on, my fat lobes had to be quite compressed...and uncomfortable..It may have been only a week that I switched over to rings...
    The important thing in all this is cleanliness...keep your feelthy hands off!!! hehe smooches again jackie
    Jackie

Hi Jackie

When I dress I like to remained dressed as long as I can, all day if I dress in the morning. I also always wear earrings, and the clip-on earrings begin to hurt before I'm ready to take them off and then I develop a sore that takes upwards of a week to heal completely. My Mother used to have some earrings that had a backing that had a screw and the tension was adjustable but I haven't seen any of those in many, many years. It dawned on me one day that the best solution was just to go ahead and have my ears pierced, especially after I saw a pair of earrings at Avenue that would look so good with one of my favorite Tees, the color is perfect. I see so many earrings, for pierced ears, that I would just love to have - hmmm - maybe I have an earring fetish. Since I have difficulty wear high heels since my knee replacement maybe I'm replacing my high heeled shoe fetish with an earring fetish. One nice thing about an earring fetish is that I can wear earrings every day, even in boy-mode, which is not very practical with high heeled shoes. But, darn, do I miss a nice pair of high heeled pumps! Well to be honest, I think my 3" espadrilles (wedges) do look pretty darn sexy and they are a lot more comfortable than high heels and I can get away with wearing them all day, occasionally. Now that my toe nails are sporting color my studded turquoise sandals (flat) also look pretty darn good.

I just cleaned my ears with the solution that they gave (I'm sure the cost of the solution was factored in to the price and the solution is not truly free) but I was unable to loosen the retaining clip. I guess I need to get some help with that from Wife or Daughter.
    Babs

Getting your ears pierced is great! Before long they will be dangling from your ears! And that feels great!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Earrings to the people!!! jennielaine9's Avatar
    Great job that you took the plunge! Good on you. In no time flat, you'll be able to wear all the lovely earrings the way they were supposed to be worn. I definitely do have an earring fetish, and I'm proud of it! ;-)
    Jennie XX

Hi Jennie

I'm counting down the days . . . err weeks till I can take out the little round gold balls and wear something more appropriate, something that dangles; I have my eye on several that I would like to get.
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by L'eggs n' heels View Post
    I worked for a guy who was straight, clean cut and dressed conservatively but had rings in both ears....
    That describes quite a few of us here I think....

your employer can be sued if they do anything to enforce that company policy only on men and not all women, even in the office.

I was on the fence about getting them pierced. I went for it in my 20's while it seemed more acceptable. I hate having to play by the "acceptable" rules of society.

Congratulations on getting them pierced Barbra, I had mine done about 9weeks ago and I have no idea why I waited.
    Two things I have learnt: be careful in removing t-shirts, pullovers and when drying the hair, remember the ears are sensitive so avoid harsh drying of your ears. I got those stupid little balls because I heard the rings get caught in the hair brush when brushing so in stead I opted for wasting an hour of more attempting to screw the stupid ball onto the shaft per ear.
    Again, congratulations on getting them pierced, I often wonder why I waited because not many really care at all.