Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just did the COIATI Test

Aspiring Member

I just did the COIATI Test

I did that test online. Based on what you know from my posts, what do you think the results were? This should be fun.

1. Mostly Male
    2. Mostly Female
    3. Half male Half Female

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have no idea what that test is, so I am just going to take a guess! My answer would be number 2! Is that right?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just use that test for a bit of fun, not for any major decision making!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle.N View Post
    Just use that test for a bit of fun, not for any major decision making!
    I just found out after googling the person who created it. Good thing I googled her. Regretful that some in the medical field are actually using this instead of creating a more thorough test as she suggested.

I've done the COGIATI test a couple of times at random points in my life and the results always came out as "Androgyne" for me. It's an interesting test to do but don't take the results of it too seriously.

Plus, Jennifer Diane Reitz has also got a list of thought-provoking questions on her website which are far more interesting than the COGIATI in my opinion (and they can be found on the same page as the COGIATI tests, just scroll down the page to "Informal Gender Identity Self Discovery Provacateur"). I'm not sure if I can post links on here or not, but it's worth a look.

Not to mention that she's also written some pretty interesting sci-fi/fantasy webcomics too, "Unicorn Jelly" is definately worth reading.

Another test (I think with a little more scientific cred - but only a little more lol) is that from the BBC show on brain sex - http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...add_user.shtml

I have taken this test and always group 3, androgen. Which I am perfectly fine with. I do wish a more "real" test would be made.

I just took the one that was linked my ValRom.

Surprise surprise surprise, I am have a blend of male and female thought processes. LOL..

Thought on the engineering on with the rotated shapes I scored really high.

I also prefer more "feminine" faces too. LOL (wonders never cease).
    Last edited by Pythos; 08-27-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Well I just did the test and it says I got a FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL, score of 170. The test I did on my facebook page says I am 80 percent girlish, 20 percent biyish. The BBC test says my brain i s more male. I don't get it - I thoughyt I was Str8 crossdresser.
    Last edited by Loveday; 08-27-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Huh, -55 Androgynous.

It suggests I should seek counseling to allow me to express myself better as to how i feel at any given time.

I'm skipping the counseling, but my situation has changed lately, and I'm in a situation ( particularly at work ) where I feel more comfortable about doing this anyway, so 'm embarking on a plan of small steps. Currently shaving my legs, going to get some extensive waxing done next.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValRom View Post
    Another test (I think with a little more scientific cred - but only a little more lol) is that from the BBC show on brain sex - http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...add_user.shtml
    yes I took that one after having questions about the validity of the Cog. It told me the same result but this time based on science. Ironically, I had to do the Cog manually because it was not interactive. Got a score of 120. Someone showed me an interactive version. I think the options to the questions were different on some and my score on the interactive was 205. I think I'll be better off going with the BBC science type test. It would probably be more accurate. at least the score is less likely to jump around.

Gold Member
    All those types of tests are strictly for entertainment.

thing is, people who believe in them are the ones who got the results they hoped and those who think they are BS didn;t get the results they hoped.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My results sound right to me...

Your COGIATI result value is: -85 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    All those types of tests are strictly for entertainment.

thing is, people who believe in them are the ones who got the results they hoped and those who think they are BS didn;t get the results they hoped.
    I think one way to see if a test is good or not, is to retake it. If your score changes, then there probably problems with the reliability of the test.

I did Cog. twice and the score changed, raising questions about its reliability and accuracy.

The first time I did the COGIATI it told me I was category 3: androgyne.
    The second time it told me I was category 4: Probable Transsexual.
    The BBC test, puts me in the androgen or bigendered zone.

Basically I would not be advised to seek full transformation but only partial if I was interested. The second result of the Cog claimed I should seek immediate help to lop it off. Sorry but I am not ready for that because I have no children yet and my bio bag is the only way I will be able to procreate. I already have greatly reduced risk of never having kids because one testi was undescended. I'd like to take advantage of the functioning one first. Problem is with finding someone to accept the gift.
    Last edited by vetobob9; 08-28-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Androgyne on the COGIATI, dead cventer on the BBC test. Interesting.

Aspiring Member
    I just looked up androgyne.

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Androgyne

An androgyne is a person who is both feminine and masculine at the same time. The sexuality of androgynes is also very diverse: some are gynephiles (they like women), some are androphile (they like men), some are bisexual or pansexual and a few can be asexual or aromantic. Those who like women may identify as lesbians, even if their body is male (see also: male lesbian). Some androgynes may have a sexual or romantic preference for other androgynes, either of the same, of the other sex, or of either sex. While a male lesbian femandrogyne may be mistaken for a heterosexual man (if their sexuality is obvious) they are in fact out of heteronormativity since they're to a large degree same-gender loving: that is, they like people of the other sex (females) but of a gender very similar to them (women), and if they are fully same-gender loving they may seek female femandrogynes who like males. There is no correlation between androgyny and dominance or submissiveness in sexual relations (so it's possible for a femandrogyne to be a top). The legal gender of androgynes is usually that assigned to them based on their body type (so male androgynes are legally recognized as men, and female androgynes as women). However, this assignment is wrong as it was based on the mistaken assumption of the doctors that anatomical sex and gender is the same thing. an androgyne feels different from men and women and therefore no toilet facility fully matches their gender identity, albeit they usually go to the toilet assigned to their legal gender due to social pressure.

many androgynes may suffer from depression or other issues because of the negative experiences associated with social rejection. Androgynes may sometimes be mistaken for gay men or lesbian women and may face homophobia or even violent attacks. Some androgynes who are stigmatized due to social rejection may become asocial and feel lonely, to the point of refusing to hold a job (since it's impossible to separate gender from social interaction at work, and few to no employers are willing to hire androgynes), or may refuse to enter into sexual or romantic relationships which they may perceive as a threat to their gender identity since their significant other(s) would probably expect them to live up to the social expectations of their legal gender.
    That sounds like me to the letter.

many androgynes may suffer from depression or other issues because of the negative experiences associated with social rejection. Androgynes may sometimes be mistaken for gay men or lesbian women and may face homophobia or even violent attacks. Some androgynes who are stigmatized due to social rejection may become asocial and feel lonely, to the point of refusing to hold a job (since it's impossible to separate gender from social interaction at work, and few to no employers are willing to hire androgynes), or may refuse to enter into sexual or romantic relationships which they may perceive as a threat to their gender identity since their significant other(s) would probably expect them to live up to the social expectations of their legal gender.

Many androgynes can be present in the same genetic family: an androgyne can be the biological parent of another androgyne, and they may even be the same kind of androgyne (e.g. femandrogynes). This suggests that androgyny is genetic

Darn it. I knew it. Ok. I demand an end to social injustice. We androgynes must have our own restrooms. We are tired of using the male and female bathrooms that are always smelly, funky, vandalized, and look like someone blew their noses in the sinks. We either get our own restrooms or we launch a million androgyne march on Washington DC. j/k lol

But we really would like our own restrooms.

Then again, perhaps in light of the social injustices directed at androgynes, perhaps we should march on Washington and demand our rights. All the social problems described in that paragraph. I've been very much stigmatized. I suffered almost all of them. I've been called gay, refused jobs for not having the look "of a real man". This has caused me depression and withdrawal. Most recently I've been subjected to homophobic assaults from my own brother and unwelcome comments from his friends and from people in the community. I have become asocial and I do feel alone. I feel like a second class citizen.
    Last edited by vetobob9; 08-28-2011 at 01:50 AM.

done the COGIATI test twice.. scored within 1 or 2 points at 233-235.. each time. which is high catagory 4. taking bbc test now...

came up as matching the womans averge....
    Last edited by nikkijo; 08-28-2011 at 04:42 AM.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar

Just for Fun

I took the COIATI this morning for fun and found that it really didn't have any information about me that I didn't already know.

I scored a 230 on it which puts me in the classifacation of IV...If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

Who knew? Oh yeah, thats right I did....

I don't see this as ever being a serious test for Medical/Mental Porfessionals....It would be so very easy to skew the results one way or the other with just a few critical choices.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 08-28-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added statements
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Scored a 165 on the COGIATI, which is Classification 4. Possible Transsexual. According to the test my internal gender identity is essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that I am a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism, and I show a "strong degree of gender dyphoria."

On the BBC Science & Nature Test I scored a 25 points on the Female Brain side. The average for gender women is 50 points on the Female Brain, and the average for men is 50 on the Male Brain side.

I agree that the COGIATI could easily be manipulated, but the BBC is quite objective.

If it wasn't for Irene I'd go buy myself a new blouse.

I have done the COGIATI test a couple of times usually it comes up androgynous, but more recently it has come up as possible transexual.

Here's another test. This one is for both cross-genderism, and has a secondary test for crossdressing.

http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest2.htm

I hope the link works, I'm usually a klutz about copying url.

I scored high on the crossgender identity test, and very low on the crossgender feminization (crossdressing) test.

Be warned, you will need a pencil/pen and sheet of paper to do this, as the test format is not linked to the scoring information.

p.s. I got a ten on the identity test, and a three on the feminization test, which is probably about right. I think and react emotionally in a feminine type personality, but don't feel an urgent need to dress outwardly to express my inner woman. This might have something to do with being divorced and living alone and semi-out, so that I can wear women's clothes anytime.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 08-29-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: additional info added in p.s.

Got 14 out of 14 for Gender Identity on this one
    Only 6 of 12 on the "actual feminization" test. I've WANTED to do more, but haven't actually done it.
    http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest2.htm

I scored 385 - quadrant 4 - no surprise there either.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to get the right kind of treatment when I was much younger. I was in regular therapy from the time I was 8, and tried numerous times to tell my therapist, a psychologist I was seeing daily, about it, and he made it clear that he understood my feelings, but we could not talk about it. Back in the mid-60s, cross-dressing was illegal, Christine Jorgensen had to go to Sweden to get her sex change, and almost wasn't allowed to return. At that time, attempting to offer treatment or counciling could have cost him his license. Thank goodness things have changed and the medical community has learned to treat it.

Wow, this test http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest2.htm is really executed horribly.

I got a 5 on the first part, and a 0 on the second.

I thought this test was also really heavy on the "cross genders must be gay" kind of thing too. Too many questions asking if in a certain role you are attracted to men. But it turns out, those as well as the numerous sexual arousal questions were distractors...that was actually clever.

They don't even have any real kind of scoring system. They only offer for 7 -14, and you get the numbers are "not so strong" ? What does that mean.

I wish the scoring made a little more sense though.
    Last edited by Pythos; 08-28-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

COGIATI
    Fake but fun.
    Unless it's something endorsed by the American Psychological Association, or any other reputable health /psychological association, i'm not buying it.

People are too varied, there is no stereotype. Are you an apple or an orange? Do you prefer cats or dogs? Do you like pizza with pepperoni & mushrooms or pizza with peppers & onions? Are you right handed or left handed?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I just did the BBC test and I'm sitting here laughing. On average I was smack in the middle, but that's because in each of the individual tests I was either very male or very female!

Yup, that's me!

COAGITI and that other test tells me I'm a class 4: POSSIBLE TRANSSEXUAL
    BBC test tells me I have a balanced mind.

This confuses me.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."