Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just did the COIATI Test

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    COAGITI and that other test tells me I'm a class 4: POSSIBLE TRANSSEXUAL
    BBC test tells me I have a balanced mind.

This confuses me.
    If any of them are going to be accurate, I would say that the BBC is most likely of the 4 to be accurate because it is scientifically based. What it does is measure whether your brain is feminine or masculine or somewhere in between.
    The other 3 seem to be based on either stereotype or preconcieved prejudices.

EDIT: On the Gender Test I scored a 11 out of 14 on the Cross Gender Identity Portion and a 0 out of 12 on the "simply a crossdresser" section. But the test is based on out of date concepts.
    Last edited by vetobob9; 08-29-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I just did the BBC test for a laugh, scored exactly in the middle, neither male or female brain, which is interesting. So does this mean I can spend 12 hours dressed, every day. Sounds like a plan.

I have just done the test and got a 0. It says I am Androgyne, male and female at the same time.
    I am happy with that.
    It then says counselling might prove helpful…………..I don’t think so!
    But it then says joining a group devoted to gender issues would be good.
    Well I have done that by being here with you lot.

So Suzy goes happily on her way.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Your COGIATI result value is: 130 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    I just did the BBC test for a laugh, scored exactly in the middle, neither male or female brain, which is interesting. So does this mean I can spend 12 hours dressed, every day. Sounds like a plan.
    Technically it means you could mix male clothes with female clothes if you wanted to. Or you go with male or female whenever you like.

I scored a -250 on the COIATI. Category 2 a feminine male. That actually sounds about right for me. As suggested, I am in counseling trying to tame my shame and I am here taking advantage of one of the thousands of support groups on line, so I am right on track!

Fantastic!

So when does it all start to feel right?

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar
    I took the test before and the result was class 4 probable transsexual.
    Just a TG girl. Add me on facebook: Mayiko Newhalf.

I took the test. I got -25, which made me class 3 ANDROGYNE. Hard word to spell. This does not surprise me, since I have taken some other tests, (don't now how reliable they are) which say that I am equally left and right brained. I believe that this is true since I have a degree in Electronics, but love writing poetry and doing photography. I am also bisexual,live with a SO in a semi-platonic relationship. I don't have to be en femme with a guy, but I am really particular about what kind of experiences I have with members of the same sex. And yes, my SO knows everything I do. I feel I am blessed, because I can enjoy so many things.

I've just done this test i got a score of 85 which is COGIATI class three ANDROGYNE. Which is probably where i would have guessed i'd be!!
    Katie

I have taken the test twice, and both times it has classified me as an Androgyne. Shocking! Okay, not really a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    This has caused me depression and withdrawal. Most recently I've been subjected to homophobic assaults from my own brother and unwelcome comments from his friends and from people in the community. I have become asocial and I do feel alone. I feel like a second class citizen.
    I'm sorry you feel this way. Is there someone with whom you can talk about this?

Just a word of advice ... if you want feedback on your feelings, don't start off a thread with "cogiatti". Around these parts, people become twitterpated (the term is from "Bambi"), the minute you suggest a way they might measure their femininity.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-01-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    Reine

I just looked up androgyne.

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Androgyne

Then again, perhaps in light of the social injustices directed at androgynes, perhaps we should march on Washington and demand our rights. All the social problems described in that paragraph. I've been very much stigmatized. I suffered almost all of them. I've been called gay, refused jobs for not having the look "of a real man". This has caused me depression and withdrawal. Most recently I've been subjected to homophobic assaults from my own brother and unwelcome comments from his friends and from people in the community. I have become asocial and I do feel alone. I feel like a second class citizen.
    Bob - I'm sorry you're experiencing all this ... my good friend Ariadne is androgyne and she is so proud of being able to blend into both worlds as SHE chooses ... but she most certainly chooses to present in one of the two binary modes.
    It seems to me your brother needs help in getting through his feelings of discomfort.
    There's a very recent article on the web about a kid who got bullied, took training in jiu jitsu - his mom enrolled him in the course over summer vacation, then was confronted by his bully when school began. He forcefully but unharmingly(?) confronted the bully, the bully was so surprised that he stopped his behavior.
    Is there anybody fun and positive you can pal around with? A GG, CD or T woman? You're certainly not a 2nd class citizen! Is there a TGLBQI center that you can go to for activities or friendship? Jeezim, what is gay pride and trans pride all about? It's about you.

Aspiring Member
    at the moment I am talking to no one about it. However an interesting thing happened. After I made that post here, I went to my Facebook account and updated my status which I usually do with political commentary. I posted that androgynes have the same right to justice and equal and fair treatment that everyone else has in our society. What is interesting is that by the next morning one my brother's friends, a female who is against alternate lifestyles, actually agreed, and so did a lot of the other people on there. Most of them being military and political acquaintances. I am not sure why but I did not expect conservative values people to agree that people who live androgynously should be permitted the same equal and fair treatment afforded to everyone else.
    My neice is bi. However when I started telling her, I stopped because of her initial reaction which was confusion. I decided it was not the right time yet. I was telling my sister, her mom, that when I was in California I wore jeans. She remembered that I did not like to wear jeans. Which is true. Then I said I wore women's jeans because they fit better. But I do not think she understood what I was saying. lol
    Earlier she was looking at purses and asked me which one I would get. I responded that I wouldn't know. She said, "Your not that type of person." jokingly. A minute later I responded, "If I was, however, knowing how I dress, I would most likely pick out a solid color."

My neice knows I wear bras so I think she has an idea. Fortunately they are not being negative about it. My other brother crossdresses too but he is not supportive at all. And I think most of my nephews have tried it at some point but they all got in trouble for it. I think my family proves what the instructor taught in that class I took, and she showed us research that indicated that things like homosexuality, crossdressing, transgenderism, tend to run in families.

i did it and got A SCORE of 300 thats good for me i take it???
    i cant help getting mad that i have to hide what most girls get to adore......jes like.

However an interesting thing happened. After I made that post here, I went to my Facebook account and updated my status which I usually do with political commentary. I posted that androgynes have the same right to justice and equal and fair treatment that everyone else has in our society. What is interesting is that by the next morning one my brother's friends, a female who is against alternate lifestyles, actually agreed, and so did a lot of the other people on there. Most of them being military and political acquaintances. I am not sure why but I did not expect conservative values people to agree that people who live androgynously should be permitted the same equal and fair treatment afforded to everyone else.
    What a wonderful way to be proactive! Good for you! I hope it made you feel better and not quite so alone.

I gather you are a student and I wonder if you ever thought of joining GLBTQ groups on campus, or even if there is a trans group you might look into?

My other brother crossdresses too but he is not supportive at all.
    I don't understand. How can he justify not supporting you, especially since you share a family bond?
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxchloexx View Post
    i did it and got A SCORE of 300 thats good for me i take it???
    It's been determined that these aren't scientifically reliable. The one on the BBC link shows promise but I think it needs further development. They are only good for the fun of it.

I graduated last June with a BA. I've been wanting to go back and either get my MA or a JD because I still funds left on my Post 9/11 GI Bill. However I have not had the right environment until now. I did get letters of recommendation from the professors I had taken but I have since moved out of state. I am now closer to UT than I am to CSUF.
    Plus I need to take the LSAT, which I dread because I am not prepared for it. Graduate school would be easier but if I had a law degree I could give legal advice without breaking the law. I just need to prep for the LSAT but I won't be ready for the Oct 11 test date. To get into law school for next year, I need to pass the LSAT by the end December. If I put it off a year to properly prep, I could use the extra time to find work and build up a cash reserve since UTLS is apparently one of those places where they expect you to quit your job and focus only on your classes. I am going to need a cash reserve for that since the BAH difference between Fullerton and Austin will cause me to lose about $1,100 in benefits.

As for my brother, I cannot speak for him since our life paths have been different. But I do know that when my more bigoted younger brother asked him why he was wearing women's undergarments, his exact response was, "It's a transsexual thing."

But he is from a different era entirely. So his approach is different. I just accept it as is and hope that others will do the same for me.

Do to others as you would have them do to you.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-01-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the Edit button for added thoughts.

OK... I just too the test and ended up with a score of 300...I have read many results here with a large range of scores...I realize that this is just a silly test, but it truly must mean something? Can any one help me interpret my results?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Daniels View Post
    OK... I just too the test and ended up with a score of 300...I have read many results here with a large range of scores...I realize that this is just a silly test, but it truly must mean something? Can any one help me interpret my results?
    You had it right with the word "silly". This so called test doesn't mean anything other than what you want it to mean. It has absolutely no basis in scientific methodology and is geared toward a very specific target - MTF transpeople. It's full of gender stereotypes that are dated and laughable. It is nothing but sheer fluff, yet people place a lot of value in their score. If you want to figure out your place in the gender spectrum, start reading a lot of books, ask a lot of questions, and talk to a therapist. Don't rely on garbage "gender tests".

The BBC test seems more interesting to me. The answers are a little less transparent and not so obvious as to what you think you should answer. I scored solidly in the "female" scale on that test. Androgynous on the COGIATI.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

I finally took the BBC test. Oddly enough, I scored higher than men on the tests that men dominate, and I scored higher than women on the tests that women dominate. There was one test I failed miserably .. remembering which objects were moved but this is not surprising for me. I have a difficult time sorting through jumbles (ADHD). My preference for faces is masculine and my ring finger is shorter than my index.

They placed me at the 50 mark, on the male side.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I finally took the BBC test. Oddly enough, I scored higher than men on the tests that men dominate, and I scored higher than women on the tests that women dominate. There was one test I failed miserably .. remembering which objects were moved but this is not surprising for me. I have a difficult time sorting through jumbles (ADHD). My preference for faces is masculine and my ring finger is shorter than my index.

They placed me at the 50 mark, on the male side.
    I missed that part too. I would not put too much stock on finger lengths because there are questions how they did it.

But the following articles provide some information on the matter:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-1334251.html

There is also this from wikianswers which proves there are problems with the finding:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...r_index_finger

I hypothesize that the problem is they used a small sample and transferred the results of that to the entire global population of humans. To approach anything resembling true statistical accuracy, you need a sample of at least 1,000 males and 1,000 females to see if this can indeed be used to define the general human population. My hunch is they only used 20 to 30 people, 50 max.

I hypothesize that the problem is they used a small sample and transferred the results of that to the entire global population of humans. To approach anything resembling true statistical accuracy, you need a sample of at least 1,000 males and 1,000 females to see if this can indeed be used to define the general human population. My hunch is they only used 20 to 30 people, 50 max.
    That's possible. I just assumed the average results of everyone who took the online test is in a database that continually updates the site. Still, in either scenario there's no telling how many people took the test and I agree they would need a large sample for any average to be meaningful.
    Reine

For what it's worth, and a big grain of salt, I scored 170 (probable TS) on the COGIATI and for the BBC test I got a female 50.

Catastro-fem
    Interesting test.... I got a class 3 Androgyne. Ok.... next?

I am Erica 2
    I am Erica2