Thread: Getting mam'd as part of my morning

Getting mam'd as part of my morning

I was planning on working in the yard today and dressed appropriately; forest green sweats, a white spring lake 5 (a foot race) tee shirt, a flannel with fall colors, a gray sweat jacket with grumpy on it and hair in a ponytail. There was nothing feminine about my clothes what so ever.

Before I started I took a drive to Home Depot (a DIY warehouse) to get some items I will need for the yard.

I was pushing my cart working on my list. I picked up the fertilizer for the yard, a 5 gallon red gas can, and some batteries. I continued looking around for my other items. I must have looked lost as one of the attendants asks “do you need help mam?”

Now, first there is the pure joy of being called mam even when I was presenting as least fem as I could. That’s the second time that happened to me this month. And I also got a compliment at the gym from a couple of guys. Okay, so they were seniors and disabled, but it still counts.

Well, so back to the attendants question. After reviewing my terminator like list of responses, I chose to just ask in a quiet fem voice where the fire extinguishers and ropes were. He hesitated for a minute glancing around and gave me an odd look and then told me where to go.

I went off pushing my cart to get the rest of my things with a new smile and strut at being called mam while under these conditions.

Then my smile turn into a vocal laugh as I just realized that the odd look may not have been him questioning my gender but at the contents of my cart and the items I asked for. I suppose it is not every day someone comes in and buys fertilizer, a gas can, batteries, rope and a fire extinguisher.

Fortunately my name is not on any terrorist watch lists, but I did use a credit card, maybe the purchases will be flagged by the FBI

Doubtful as the quantity would not be enough to build an explosive but how funny would that be. I once worked with a guy who had such a visit because he bought a ton of corn. Well maybe not a ton, but more than most people would. He uses it as feed for all the deer as he lives on several acres. In good old customary fashion I asked if I could come over with my bow. Not practical however as he lived several states away.

Anyway, I believe it was actually the ABC that gave him a visit and wanted to know what he was using it for. They asked if they could look around the property to see if he had a still.

Well, I said enough. My yard work is done, time to clean up and get pretty. Hmmm, I wonder if I do if I’ll get sir’ed
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

It's a wonder feeling isn't it. Makes you think they see something that tells them to believe you're female.

It happened to me twice this last week. Once at a pizza place (and that was after he looked at my ID) and a couple of days later at drive thru (he said "gracias amiga") grabbing a taco while working. I don't think I'm trying to present very feminine (maybe it's the dangling earrings) especially at work in jeans and work coat.

Banned Read only
    Yes, as soon as I read fertiliser, 5 gallon gas can, batteries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,""BOMB" was my very first thought.
    But I'm so glad to hear you your not a bomb maker, I'm not either. And congratulations on getting ma'am'd. It is a good feeling sometimes isn't it.
    L&R.............Tara

As I was reading through the story and just after I read though the list of items the first thought I had was "that sounds like bomb making material" . Unless you drive up with a U-Haul and start asking how many pallets do you have, I think your safe. It must have felt very satisfying when he called you mam though.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Abi thanks for sharing your morning, and I will bet you had a smile on the rest of the afternoon.

Michelle

Aspiring Member
    If it were me and the wonderful hearing I've been blessed with, I'd be thinking about it for the rest of the day.
    Now, did he say ma'am or man?