Thread: I giggled again

I giggled again

As I make no effort to pass, other then feeling feminine for me, and only sort of wishing that the world will see me for who I am. Instead often, this world does see me as it always had, but on the occasion, when least expected, wonderful gift falls on my lap.

So, today I was traveling back from Chicago, where I spent 3 weeks babysitting rambunctious 3 year old with energy worth 7 Hiroshima bombs all going off simultaneously
    I stepped out of the car into the concourse and proceeded for the security, as usual, long puzzled looks, unable to take their gaze away from my Face, (I have been on HRT for 8 months) through security, and this time no close pad of my entire body which happened on my previous flight but now my carry on got the padding of its own, perhaps a large chocolate I had hidden from view!

I proceeded to the gate and sat down, again lots of stares which by now are just something I expect. The gate personnel went on the speaker and announced that the airplane I am about to board has a broken lavatory and it is highly suggested we visit restrooms while still in a boarding mode (flight about 2 hours long).

I awaited few minutes and got up, proceeded to do the extra one, so that we don't have to pull over
    As I was exiting the bathroom, I caught the gaze of a gentleman who just got off the previous flight and was proceeding to the restroom as well. After seeing me exit he stopped, and looked up at the sign with quite a puzzled look. I couldn't stop, but to have a giggle and such had put a long term smile on my face, way to go girl!

Since the airplane without the toilet was a smaller type, all our carry on luggage was to be taken away at the door, but I thought I am going to sneak mine (within it HRT, the stuff of gold) but was surely caught by ever vigil Ms stewardess and with "MAAM, you have to check your carry on at the rail, stowage is too small to accommodate this size", now my giggle became rather an amazement. Wow, what had changed, is it really working so well, after all I am an old fart, and such rewards, even though I dream about it everyday, seem to be out of my league.

Yet it happened, a day of wonders and pure satisfaction of being recognized if only for a moment for who I really am, maam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I described I was wearing blue boot cut jeans by GAP, over sized dark blue print T-shirt with unisex design( squiggly things) and light brown snickers, not entirely feminine presentation.
    Last edited by Inna; 08-27-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Congrats, Alexia! Isn't it wild when you get "ma'm"ed and you're in drab? That's the best!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Great story, sometimes it is just fun to go out dressed as a woman and the reactions some people have. Case in point last night I went to the movies to see The Help, which I recommend it was very good. Anyway I was quite dressed up a nice teal summer dress, I arrived about 5 minutes before the start time and the very young girl selling tickets just kept smiling at me all the way through the ticket purchase. She explained that I still had time to see the start of the movie for there were ads and finally she told me you look very nice and I could use you help with my makeup and hair. My reply was a very nice thank you and the advice I passed on was it just takes practice. So I just had to giggle thinking at a young woman would ask me for advice and she was serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Being ma-am is always nice! It has a certain ring to it that makes being out so much better!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: