Thread: Trip Report

Shopping Trip Report

After not dressing much for several months, I've had the opportunity to get out twice in the last week. Last Saturday was nerve wracking. I went to a nearby city thinking it would be easier than going out in my hometown, but everything was so crowded on a Saturday afternoon that I never did get very comfortable.

Fast forward to Friday night. I had to drive to a different nearby city on an errand. I was picking up an auto part at dealership. Since my wife was working, I had the entire evening to complete the errand. That meant I just had to go enfemme

I was wearing the same outfit I had on here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t=#post2461924

My plan was to leave work early, get dressed up, do some shopping, then change back into my plain clothes in time to pick up the part by 8 pm. In the back of my mind, I knew I wouldn't want to have to finish being dressed up that early. Depending on how things went I had to consider going for the part enfemme. That would be a big step for me!

So I got dressed and made the drive without incident. My first stop was the mall. I browsed through Penney's, picked out four dresses to try on, and went in dressing room, all without having to interact with any SA's. Two of the dresses didn't work at all. One was a really fun flowery summery dress with a full skirt. The last one was the first LBD I've ever tried on. It actually wasn't that bad! It had wide straps that helped minimize my shoulder width. If I ever have a need to own a LBD, I'll try to find one like that.

Next I tried on some shoes in a store that was almost as good as a DSW. Lots of great heels. Tried on a few pairs, then went to the Sears.

While in Sears I was either insulted, or had the best compliment of my enfemme life! Walking down one of the main aisles, I passed a group of three people who were going in the opposite direction. Two guys and a girl. They were early 20's (this is a college town). Just as we passed each other, one of the guys did half a cat-call whistle. It wasn't subtle. From the timing it was clear that it was meant for me. I didn't hear any giggling or anything as they went on down the aisle. So anyway, if that is as bad a reaction as I ever get, I can live with it. If it was a compliment I'll take it!

I left the mall a short time after that. There is a hair salon down the street that carries wigs. I found it and pulled into the lot. Rather than surprising them with my visit, I decided to call first and ask if it was alright for me to come in. After confirming that they carry wigs, I told the girl on the phone that I'm a crossdresser, and asked if that was OK. She acted nervous about it and said I should come in another time when the women who deal with wigs are there. I didn't make a big deal about it, but it did hurt my feelings. That's OK, though. I'd rather miss out on the opportunity than make the people in the salon feel uncomfortable.

Now it was getting close to closing time of the dealership. I was feeling great about how things went at the mall, so I decided to pick up the part enfemme. There were two college-aged guys working. I got maam'ed, and they were very polite. I'm really not sure what they thought. They didn't act like they read me, but I can't imagine they didn't at least suspect. Regardless, they were professional, and one of them even carried the part out (it was heavy) and put it in my car for me.

Before leaving town I needed to stop and buy another auto accessory. I looked at K-mart first, but they didn't carry it. While there I tried on some shoes. Has anyone noticed how many cute shoes K-mart carries these days? No problems while there.

Then I went to the Walmart to get the part. It was packed, but I just waltzed right in and did my thing. It went great. The girl at the check out line was amused by me, but no one else seemed to notice.

After that I got bought a chicken sandwich in the Burger King drive-thru, and drove home with the windows and sunroof open. It doesn't get much better than that!
    Last edited by Tricia Lee; 08-28-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Sounds like a really great outing, Tricia! What a great day!

Judging from your pictures, you look great! Towards the end of the day it sounds like you began to unwind and relax as you began to feel more comfortable. Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Shopping Trip Report

Thanks Persephone. For all the doubts I had last week, it was completely different this week. I think just being out there as often as possible is what leads to being comfortable. It's somehow more exciting and fun to be out in public when it seems like the normal thing to do.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    What a great way to spend the day.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Lee View Post
    I think just being out there as often as possible is what leads to being comfortable. It's somehow more exciting and fun to be out in public when it seems like the normal thing to do.
    You're exactly right! You stop worrying about things that don't matter and start enjoying yourself. Sounds like you had a very full day!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Nothing like getting out and having fun! I hope there are many more days like that for you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: