Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSA Body Scanners and accepting ? Wife ?

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

TSA Body Scanners and accepting ? Wife ?

I was replying to a post and it brought me to here so I will post on its own

I was bringing my wife to the airport for a quick trip early today and she was quiet on the way but only because she was tired.

She started to apply her makeup on the way and place it all in a clear plastic bag so it could go through security
    Then she starts talking about going through the body scanner at the airport and what they see
    I made a comment that they will be able to see yuor underthings, and she was like you mean my bra, I said well yes. its underwire so yes.
    So she asked how I know as I dont get to travel often, I told her that I read alot of the flying pretty posts on this site and she says
    Oh she says "men that dress like women, they can see their junk, God their perverts"

This really pissed me off because she was calling her husband of 17 years a pervert.
    I think some of her feelings bubbled to the top and leaked out.
    I guess she isnt to tolerable afterall if she thinks we are perverts after two years.
    This just may start an argument with her when she gets back.

Still pissed at the comment she made and just might have to pick her up from the airport completely dressed as a woman. let her come home with her perverted husband dressed as Keri and sort of throw it at her, simply because I am pissed at her comment
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    "they can see their junk" would have two ambiguous pronoun references for me. They who? Can see whose junk?

I could interpret it as "the people doing the TSA body scanning would be able to see the panties and male-parts of the cross-dressers; God the people doing the scanning are perverts".

Well good luck with that...please let us know how that worked out if you go through with it.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    "God the people doing the scanning are perverts."
    This is what I took the original post to mean too. I had to reread it, because I wasn't sure why Keri was mad at her wife. It does seem pretty vague...

I also took it she meant the people reading the scanners were perverts for looking at what is underneath the clothes.

You should ask her what she meant by her comment, so you can clear this up. You don't want to tell yourself she thinks you're a pervert if she doesn't feel this way at all.
    Reine

Silver Member
    "they can see their junk" would have two ambiguous pronoun references for me. They who? Can see whose junk?

I could interpret it as "the people doing the TSA body scanning would be able to see the panties and male-parts of the cross-dressers; God the people doing the scanning are perverts".
    I gotta agree here.

I too read it as, "Those TSA examiners are real perverts."

Stephie

The one thing you dont do is jump to conclusions

You need to clarify what your wife said with her, before you do anything or say something you might regret
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I have to agree with the others here. Do not assume the worst. I think we tend to be a bit sensitive at times and read things into others comments, but hey, you were there, and she is your wife. Stay cool.

I took it the same way Sandra did - that your wife was calling the TSA perverts.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    I gotta agree here.

I too read it as, "Those TSA examiners are real perverts."

Stephie
    I agree with this interpretation, too.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Keri, like it or not you are a MAN! Does your wife know you are a crossdresser? And most importantly does she accept it!! Sounds as though she doesn't know or accept it, unless she was referring to the TSA people as being perverts. If you have not been dressed in front of her before, doing it the way you described could likely lead to a divorce!! Is that really what you want? I would take it much slower than what you have described!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

If you thought she was calling you a pervert why didn't you say something right there and then? Like' "so you think I'm a pervert?" If her answer was yes that kinda begs the question so how does she feel about perverted men if she is willingly married to one???

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    If her answer was yes that kinda begs the question so how does she feel about perverted men if she is willingly married to one???
    Did you ever consider that Keri's wife might not have known about Keri when they married?

In a post a few years ago, Kerri herself admitted that it took her many years to learn to accept the CDing and this is why she didn't tell her wife until many years into the marriage. Kerri also said she expected her wife would take just as long to fully accept this. This is fair, don't you think?

As a side note, Keri, I know it is sometimes easier to adopt a DADT stance for both the CD and his wife, but I do hope the two of you are continuing to take active steps to at least reach the same understanding of what the CDing means to you.

Reine

Sandra-Leigh - that was my take on it, too

Aspiring Member
    If you go to the One step forward and two steps backward thread, in there its posted clear.

It was the fact that the scanners could see the image of a man in women's clothes. It would be a perverted site. That is how I read it.

Kitty
    Last edited by Kittyagain; 08-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Platinum Member
    Its never good to jump to conclusions. Its possible that she was criticizing the airport security for looking at people's "junk", rather than putting down people who are flying pretty.

And if she did hurt your feelings by the comment, I really strongly advise against assuming her intent and against any form of retaliation, including dressing up as Keri to "throw it at her".

But when you have a quiet moment, why not tell her that the comment hurt your feelings - even though it probably wasn't intended to be hurtful.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I also take it as the TSA people = the perverts.

Ambiguity in language has created immense issues throughout history, plus the fact that we place our own "lense" on what other people say. If that lense is not the same as the speaker, a completely different interpretation can result.

Please assume the best and ask her how she made out with the security scans.

Oh, and it does seem that there might be some underlying issues? I hope you can iron these out soon for everyone's well-being.

tina

I agree with most of the comments here too. I read it as the security guys are the perverts. Very ambiguous indeed! Of course the way she said it may be the important element here, but it still seems an odd thing to say to you.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I'm also voting with the TSA=perverts interpretation. And I agree completely. I fly in drab, but I always underdress in bra, panties, and pantyhose. The pantyhose are obvious anyway once I take off my shoes, and if the perverts want to see the rest as well, let them have their fun.
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 08-29-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    I was replying to a post and it brought me to here so I will post on its own

I was bringing my wife to the airport for a quick trip early today and she was quiet on the way but only because she was tired.

She started to apply her makeup on the way and place it all in a clear plastic bag so it could go through security
    Then she starts talking about going through the body scanner at the airport and what they see
    I made a comment that they will be able to see yuor underthings, and she was like you mean my bra, I said well yes. its underwire so yes.
    So she asked how I know as I dont get to travel often, I told her that I read alot of the flying pretty posts on this site and she says
    Oh she says "men that dress like women, they can see their junk, God their perverts"

This really pissed me off because she was calling her husband of 17 years a pervert.
    I think some of her feelings bubbled to the top and leaked out.
    I guess she isnt to tolerable afterall if she thinks we are perverts after two years.
    This just may start an argument with her when she gets back.

Still pissed at the comment she made and just might have to pick her up from the airport completely dressed as a woman. let her come home with her perverted husband dressed as Keri and sort of throw it at her, simply because I am pissed at her comment
    She might have been referring to TSA. That is what everyone is calling the TSA agents these days.

I know this is a subject some of us get very sensitive about, too sensitive sometimes. But I wouldn't want to see you win a battle, when there was no war, talk first, and see just how she meant what see said, did she mean the TSA, or those flying pretty, after all they are going to see your junk, in panties or boxers. If it's those flying pretty, what part bothers her, them being out dressed, or them showing there junk in panties. Lets be honest here, a lot of the world sees us as perverts, maybe she still does a little, and maybe she does not realize how much it hurts you when she says things like that, have you told her? You can fight after you talk, if it goes bad, but then when there is nothing left to talk about, and you are still far a part, there is not much left to fight about anymore, so try to talk it out first, please.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Catastro-fem
    I go with the assumption that she was referring to the TSA people as the perverts. You told her where you had read about the scans... That would be the reaction I think my wife would give as well. (And I certainly wouldn't be upset with her for thinking that way!)

There was - don't know if it is still up - a site showing what they could see. I'll have to look around for it again.

IF your wife is aware of the CDing, I would not give the comment a second thought. (And being tired sometimes garbles the "thought to words" process.)

I am Erica 2
    I am Erica2

I read the same thing as all the others here, please dont jump to conclusions, we ask everyone else around us not to. Just ask her what she meant. Kellie

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Keri, please don't pick her up dressed. This seems like it'd be aimed at embarrassing her; in public, no less. You wouldn't want to be embarrassed like that.

She may not realize that she pissed you off. She's entitled to her opinions whether she's talking about the TSA or not, yes she could have been more sensitive if she chose to aim this particular arrow your way, but in this case, forgiveness and communication can trump pain.

I am sorry you're feeling so upset, I do know how it feels. Don't make her feel that way.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Ok for all those concerned, I will not pick up my wife dressed as Keri. That is just frustration venting.
    I took her comment as to be directed towards us as crossdressers, Now I could be wrong but I don't think so.

I do plan on speaking with my wife a bit about my dressing, but I hate doing it because she likes to make comments on how I push things, but I don't look at it as pushing things, because she does not like to talk about it,and I enjoy dressing, I am not going to ask her permission to wear an article of clothing
    That is ridiculious, I know when I am pushing the lines with outing myself, and I will watch my boundaries there for her sake.

Actually a funny side note- last week she was having a girls day with some business associates at the Minnesota Twins game and she made a comment that I have cuter tops then she does, So I lent her one which she says she is keeping.

I don't know how to proceed with her at this point in time as she has known for 2 years now and I would have to say I have maintained all that I do since with the exception that I am more comfortable with how I present to everyone, including my family.
    The only remarks I receive that question myself are from my wife and my sister.

So back to my OP , I will pick my wife up happily as I have always done, as me. Hug and kiss her, load her bags and bring her home. then head off to work, So I wont see her really for about 18 hours after she returns, but I just might broach the subject of my crossdressing and find out what bothers her.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want