Thread: Hospital tomorrow!

Hospital tomorrow!

Well folks, tomorrow is a BIG day for me, I won't be around for a little while because I am finally going into hospital for my hysterectomy! It has been 4 years coming, but finally here and I am SO excited, I haven't been able to sleep for at least a week LOL!
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Good luck Daniel. We will all be cheering you on. Another milestone and another extraction. Good luck, God speed and a big hug.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Awsome. I will do the happy dance for you. I will send you good energy in the morning. Try to sleep you will need it. Take care.

Thanks Allie LOL mistunderstood, I have no chance of sleeping at the moment, I'm too excited! I will probably be doped to the eyeballs for the first day or two anyway - but I am used to very little sleep, being an insomniac at the best of times lol and having not had an uninterrupted night in almost 23 years due to kids
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    <clipped>
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery Daniel!
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 09-06-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Edited out a terrible statement. My apologies.

Good luck Daniel, I'm so pleased for you!

You deserve every bit of bliss this will bring you!!
    Reine

I'm a Bad Bad Girl Karin-the-Nerd's Avatar
    Good luck Dan! We all know you can cut it! Oops...LOL!

LOL Karin! Thanks everyone, I'm ridiculously excited about this - I'm more stressed about having to get up at 4am to get there on time than I am about the actual surgery! :P

Sue, to be fair, I do have 7 kids and they are all spread out (the eldest is almost 23 and the youngest is 7), and 2 of them are high-functioning autistic so don't sleep much anyway But I'm used to not getting much sleep, I've been an insomniac for so long that I've adjusted to it and getting any more than a couple of hours a night really throws everything out of whack for me.

Reine, it has been a long time coming, but I'm just really glad it's finally here I have the added bonus of knowing that because of my case, the Chief Medical Officer of Western Australia is going to be reviewing the state's health policy around transmen and how difficult it is for us to get surgery because the hospitals are legally entitled to refuse it on the grounds that it is not medically necessary (they don't like removing anything that isn't diseased). So I'm hoping that he will change the policy to reflect the fact that we DO need our hystos and stuff and it isn't just elective surgery that is not essential to our wellbeing. It helps that he is the former head of the now defunct gender program for my state, because he does have a clue how trans people operate and how important it is for us to be able to surgically alter our bodies (particularly given that we cannot legally change our gender or be recognised as our correct gender without having surgery).

ETA: I will not have internet access while I'm in hospital (4-5 days if everything goes to plan), but I will update everyone as soon as I get home

^ Wow, that is impressive, Dan! You're a trail blazer!

Again, I wish you all the best, and we'll see you when you get back. I guess I don't need to add take care of yourself, since I'm sure you will!
    Reine

Heh well *somebody*'s gotta do it And since I'm not the type to just sit back and take unfair treatment, the hospitals got more than they bargained for when they decided to deny me surgery

6 hours, 4 minutes and counting. That is all

2hrs 2 minutes to go....I have to leave in about half an hour to get to the hospital, so I will update everyone as soon as I am back home again and have internet access.

How long do you anticipate being away?
    Reine

If all goes according to plan, I should be in hospital about 4-5 days.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Good luck.

Thats great news Daniel ...wishing you well and a speedy recovery..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]