Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to keep the girlish figure

I eat what i like but ride my bike two or three times a week for 20/25 miles, seems to work for me...

I just cut soda and fast food, plus drinking a lot of water. I lost 15 pounds in 4 months. Now I'm trying to do regular exercise...

On my short list of things to hate is "Thin People". Some of them can eat all they want and not gain an ounce but to a lot of them food is not even important.

I say "come on lets go get a banana split" they say " Oh not now, maybe tomorrow or next week or next year." It is said that life is not fair and that is true.

If I even sit next to a dish of ice cream I gain weight.

Vieja

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I stopped working out at the gym and at home with weights. Muscles AREN'T girlie! And all those workouts increased my appetite! Just do core strengthening and stretching excersizes daily now.

Switched from beer to red wine.

Cut down on portions at lunch and dinner and substitute ice tea to fill up! Only teas with or without lemon and no sugar!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    How I do it is don't eat foods high in fat and/or sugar (that's mostly fast food) and keep your home cooked portion sizes sensible. Fill up more on fruits and vegetables. Oh .... and moderate exercise (like brisk walking) three times a week for 30 minutes.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Watch your fatty food intake and work out. I like Sherry do not do a lot of weights and when I do they are light and high reps. I run ALOT and that helps to keep me thin and toned.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    On my short list of things to hate is "Thin People". Some of them can eat all they want and not gain an ounce but to a lot of them food is not even important.

I say "come on lets go get a banana split" they say " Oh not now, maybe tomorrow or next week or next year." It is said that life is not fair and that is true.

If I even sit next to a dish of ice cream I gain weight.

Vieja
    I do agree that thin people love food less than people who over eat. I don't understand why people prioritize the taste of something that's only going to last 10 seconds at a time and 15 mins total, when your health will be around for life. Feel good for 15 mins, or feel good for life? It doesn't take a genius to figure out the better deal.

Not eating fatty, greasy foods and eating plenty of fruit and veg is what i do. I also have an active job so i am on the move all day, helps keep me flexible too i think. I don't do weights or training etc i hate the idea of getting noticeable muscles.
    Katie

Banned Read only
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 155lbs. I've been this size ever since getting out of high school. I guess I may be lucky in that regard for I can eat anything I want and as much as I want all the time. And usually among people my age it is harder for some to take weight off. I'm 54 years old, and I still have the same body shape and size since 18 years old. I guess I'm one of those lucky ones. I have two younger brothers that are fat and bald. I guess when I put on my D's I gain ten pounds ha ha.
    Love & Respct.........Tara

Light lunch and dinner, green tea and toast at the morning, apple at 10:00, grapes at mid. morning, jogging 4 miles every other day and bicycle the rest, and at the end of the day a glass of red wine.... it works for me and feel good !!

Four miles, wow!

I forgot to mention, I eat tofu. Good source of calcium and protein.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

Willpower basically. What it boils down to is the question:"Is you is or is you ain't?" you are what you determine yourself to be, girlish figure notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    "Is you is or is you ain't?" you are what you determine yourself to be, girlish figure notwithstanding.
    "Je pense donc je suis", Descartes speak for "I think therefore I am".

What I say is that "I am that I am". LOL!!!

Willpower is important. However I think it's also important to understand that there are limits as to what willpower alone can accomplish. For example depsite all the willpower in the world, for most (practically all) people it's just not going to possible to become a physicist like Einstein or Tesla, at least not in this life. Such folks are rare.

I think one of the problems in the West is that people are too into rugged individualism. There needs to be that type of spirit, but it has to be within realistic bounds. Sometimes the solution to many problems can be found in realizing that there is no point in trying to force a particular outcome, because it just won't be possible given the conditions we might be faced with. Sometimes you have to make due with the cards you are given and just accept that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

a bit nutty
    Pop and beer are ALWAYS bad for your belly. Go for a walk, often. Eat what you want in but in moderation. This includes the baddies like sugary things, so go ahead and eat them. Don't deprive yourself of life's simple pleasures, just don't be a glutton!

I agree on the walking thing Gin Gin. It's easy, and it's you can spend time thinking out your thoughts. Jogging is good, but if you do it on the pavement, it can wear on the knees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Avoid getting old. Then you might avoid the middle age spread that inevitably will come, unless it is countermanded with supreme efforts in diet restriction combined with strenuous exercise.
    Reine

Well you can't stop getting old, and that's one of those things where there's just a limit as to what can be accomplished with will power alone.

So I guess the solution is to starve yourself to death and exercise until you drop! LMAO!!!

JUST KIDDING!! DON'T TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY!!!!!
    Last edited by SweetIonis; 09-15-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Hi.

Depends on age body type food intake exercie work & time out & fasting .& a clean mind & body.

age from when i started work 15 y, have maintained my weight of 11 stone = 154 lb's for for 49 y. food, eat what i need not a wont . food to me is fuel. drink water milo milk . exercie worked in the building sector 46 y , bike riding some on avg 300 miles a week not now as i dont need to so do the walking with sommer our female Lab.shes allmost 8 y.

Time out or not working eat less & fasting a day or two with out food about once every two months . just have a snack & drink,

Some times over the years many have excess food because of issue's & so food & drink the hard stuff becomes a comfort thing so not good allso fast foods , okay now & again is good just not all the time choc'e sweets okay just dont over do it, if you must drink then be carefull. too much & most know where that leads the gut, plus other big issue's later in life.

meat a little is good tho you can live with out it lots of greens & fruits nuts. & even dried fruits.

Any thing that harms your body well dont do it it will catch up.

To have a figuer wether male or female looking back iv been carefull. & have a nice womans body . tho i do not for get with out how i looked after my self , i would not look as good as i do at age 64. skin weight & shape is more than i could have wished for wether im male or female . tho being both has really been my asset in so many ways, so prep in your early years is a must,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-15-2011 at 06:23 AM.

My upper body is still huge but diet ,cardio and light free weight exercises such as squats and deadlifts .

Chewies sister-moulted!
    WATER .
    Everytime we start to dehydrate , the brain gives out the same message as hunger . Simple way to keep an eye on water levels , urine colour or the colour of the tongue . SIP don't guzzle the stuff , and if you really wanna shed some weight , try the Paul Gasgoine method ( ex uk football player ) - everytime you feel hungry drink a pink of water lay down for 10 minutes . It worked for him . Other than that , here's another simple idea , swap your dinner plate for a smaller plate . In time when the stomaches shrunk the food intake will be smaller but still feel full . Theres one pure evil vice that holds the tummy hips , thighs , bingo wings in production .
    Booze .
    If a drink is tempting , drink Gin , Barcardi , Voda with soda .
    Bl**dy stuff ....alcohol .... creeps up on you and swells all areas .
    But so does cream , chocolate , chips ...... the list is endless .
    Suddenly I feel hungry ......... off to the fridge.

Just a few rambling dietary observations. Much of the fat people put on is caused by not eating nutricious foods. Look at many of those who "dine" at MacDonald"s. The body wants nutrition, and if it is not getting nutrition it remains hungry, and over eating of more wrong food. I have a sister-in-law who is a vegetarian for religious reasons stemming from her belonging to a cult. She used to rave about how cows get their protein from eating "vegetables", while I was trying to enjoy a good steak Recently her doctor diagnosed her as being protein deficient. She has started eating fish. One of the worst travesties in diet is the marketing of vegetable oils to the exclusion of animal fats. This started way back when electricity was replacing lamps and candles, and the company which created Crisco did so because they were faced with declining candle sales, and they needed to create a market for their vegetable oil fats. Animal fats are rich in vitamin D. The Inuit (Eskimos) live(d) on fat during the long dark winters. So maybe there is a connection to over eating because of this vitamin deficiency, and possibly other nutricious things contained in animal fats, in our diets.
    Last edited by Ellyn; 09-15-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It really is simple: Eat less and be active more!

OK...how to do that? I came to grips with this 5 years ago. I didn't want to Yo-Yo up and down so I changed lifestyle. It takes a few weeks to change over, but after about a month there is really little effort needed.

Over that first month, slowly cut down your portions. Drink a glass of water/seltzer before and one with each meal. As you cut down your portions, start to use a smaller plate. Do not go back for seconds, as it's just your greedy mind wanting to have good tasting food you don't need. Pick a time at night and don't eat food after that time. Water/seltzer is ok at any time.

Be active. Run, walk, swim, work out, whatever, but just get moving!

This lifestyle does not give massive weight loss immediately, but the pounds do slowly leave on a regular schedule until your food intake = metabolic outgo! Losing more means more activity or less food: it's really that simple if you have the willpower to do it.

Oh, and that small plate of food? It should contain an assortment of various dishes. I've found that one plate of pasta with sauce and cheese makes it very difficult to stop at that one dish. On the other hand, a bit of meat with veggies and fruit so that it's at least 5 different items makes the meal slow down and makes me quite satisfied.

Have fun with it! With this lifestyle I eat any food I want! Anything! and yet I've already lost 35 pounds! Slow and steady! No Yo-Yo.

tina

I guarantee that with devotion any one, body type, body this or body that will be able to achieve a miracle sexy body, but once again an absolute devotion like there is no tomorrow!!!!!

I have started 4 years ago with the body of a brick at 220lbs, no waist, no butt, mostly muscle, the look of a Austrian Beer drinking Farmer who wrestles with bears for fun. I knew that for transition to be believable I must get the body of a teenager, curvy, thin and fit, not exactly easy task at age of 40.
    Then came resolve,
    "THIS COULD POTENTIALLY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR BELLY FAT"

Gradual elimination of dependency on empty calorie foods!!!!!!!!!

Reduction of portion size to that of a tight fist

Seeking out rich, nutritious foods I liked the taste of, not excluding sweets which I am addicted to but keeping in mind nutritional content

Total abandonment of stereotypical and ridiculous meal time regime: morning, mid day and evening-it simply doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not ever counting calories !!!

Eating enough (fist size) so that hunger is somewhat satisfied and kept at bay, this feeling will become your good feeling quickly!!!

PS: Thanks Badtranny for your complement, gosh it made my day, love ya
    Last edited by Inna; 09-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.

I understand what you are saying Hon but if you are your own original person and no one else gets it, then who can hope to compare you with anyone or anything else? Taking ownership of yourself and responsibility for your own actions is just that. Not too many can say they have done that honestly.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

how about exercise? I run about 6 times a week, defiinitely helps