Thread: THANK YOU EVERYONE AT CROSSDRESSERS.COM FOR YOUR SUPPORT....and Now.....

THANK YOU EVERYONE AT CROSSDRESSERS.COM FOR YOUR SUPPORT....and Now.....

Tonight I got back from a personal event pretty late, and as I was driving home I was debating....Do I work on my blog, or do I post an appreciative statement at our forum in regards to how I feel about it. It didn't take me long before I realized that my blog can wait another day or two.

Let me be honest, I did not know what to expect from Crossdressers.com, as a matter fact, when I first entered it, I thought I'd be ignored, or all together forced out because I wasn't like the rest of the members...knowledgeable about the transgendered/gay/crossdresser community. I was also afraid that since I wasn't an experienced crossdresser I'd be ridiculed by members, something I have faced before even in my own family. Don't get me wrong, I can take criticism here and there, but being told you don't belong, is a total different ballgame...and I have heard that many times. I was making conclusions about the Forum even before signing up!
    But, after finally signing up, and getting one comment and invitation from a member I already had felt as if I was part of something here. After that, I just kept going with the flow and things have only gotten better. I haven't received tons of messages or invitations, but what I've received have been interactions with some wonderful ladies...and gentlemen. I learned that I wasn't to use this as a means to promote anything I had in mind, but to moderate myself and share what I wanted to express. I always thought, well, if I don't get any responds or feedbacks I'll just come here and throw my blog or whatever else and leave. I learned soon enough after seeing another response from a member, that it would be the wrong thing to do, because this Forum is much more than that; and I'm really greatfull for it. I don't know if another message and/or feedback will come to me, but regardless if one does; this forum has already done wonders...simply much more than I expected.

I realize that at Crossdressers.com we can be understood, greeted, complemented, critisized respectfully, or invited in a way that we can always look forward to the forum again, and again! I also learned that it will take only "experiencing" to find out what things I may or may not be allowed to do. I know I may sound corny, but honestly, this is my first experience in a forum and to say the least I'm very happy with all that has come from it...even with the moderations Thank you everyone for being part of this Forum and interacting with ANYONE that makes the smallest or biggest contribution. This I tell you with my biggest sympathy! Now, if you want to see my blog go to...Just Kidding! Everyone have a wonderful night! Kisses....Lisa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.mymysterylisa.com .... just a simple blog about My Mystery Lisa....ME!!!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Lisa,

Thank you for sharing that with us. I think we all probably wondered at first what cd.com would be like and whether we would fit in or not.

I think that the admins and mods do a great job of fostering the kind of warmth and support that you mentioned. Whatever else you do or don't learn from this web site, I hope that you will remember that you are a valuable person in your own right and that just because you don't have the same experiences as someone else doesn't make you wrong or an outcast.

I have found that some of the best support I have received on these forums came from people who cared enough to ask me to think again about what I was proposing/wanting to do so that I could be sure I was not making a mistake.

Mind you, I have also basked in the "you go girl!" type of support too and don't know whether I would be where I am today without the broad range of support and advice I have received here.

So once again, thank you for expressing your appreciation and I hope to read a lot more from you in the future.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi Lisa! Your thread is very touching! And I thank you for that! We are all from different walks of life and from all over the world! Yet we are all sisters! we share our likes and dislikes! What makes this clean place so speacial to me is, we are all different and yet we are all the same! So that is why I like to say; welcome to the sisterhood of love! Here's a big hug for my sister Lisa!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Lisa, if you look at how long some of us have been members here, it's because we all feel at home here among friends and a family of sister that have a lot in common, even if we are all different, and from all walks of life. Most of us grew up feeling very alone, with out anyone we could talk to about cross dressing with, and that makes us all very much a like in some ways.
    I for one am always happy to see a new face come in here, and hope the dialog goes on for years!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Oh great ! Way to make me feel stupid Lisa. First thing this morning I go to your blog and WHINE because there is nothing from you-Then I come here and find this well written expression of your feelings. Guess this will teach me not to be so much of a cry baby. hehehe Hope all the members have a great weekend..

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There is no question that this is a VERY SPECIAL ENVIRONMENT for CD/TG/TS individuals, Mystery! It's apparently the combo of members and the format that is carefully moderated that makes it so unique.

However, there IS a downside! I had to install a vent fan in the ceiling of my computer closet! So the pink fog from this site doesn't fill up my entire house!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We are all different and yet have some things in common. It is an open forum and there is a lot of good info and sometimes some critisism hopefully the constructive kind and not mean spirited.
    I've gotten alot out of the forum, met some very nice people and gor the courage to progress further than I ever expected. I hope you find the same satisfaction also.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are glad you are here Lisa don't forget that.

Thank you Tracii...so sweet of you. You know, you remind me of Stockard Channing! She's so pretty and wild in Grease..I actually met her while attending a show at a theater in Seattle, she was son nice! She's such a powerful actress...very motivated and versatile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    We are glad you are here Lisa don't forget that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.mymysterylisa.com .... just a simple blog about My Mystery Lisa....ME!!!

Hi Lisa

As a relatively new member here I also found this to be a warm, respectful, supportive place to be; and I recommend it highly to all new arrivals. What I have enjoyed about it, is that it is relatively label-free and not so clique-orientated as most of our special world tends to be.
    All the, ‘If you don’t show your face, we don’t want to know you’, coupled with the, ‘If you don’t parade around in clubs with all the exhibitionists wearing a miniskirt and net stockings, you aren’t being honest about yourself . . “ Well you know what I mean.
    Here we are all different, and that is the way it should be. For those who can dress completely, pass and enjoy the world at large, to those who can only wear a skirt and undies quietly at home.
    We all have a shared love of cross-dressing – So welcome aboard Lisa. You should discover many friends here.

Susan

Hi Sweety...lol...I know, as soon as I hit published on my blog and went to my comments I saw yours and started laughing..oops. I've been having so many technical issues..but I'll write a post about what is going on just in case anyone thinks I'm getting away from my blog...but don't worry, I'll do my best to find a way to post regulary. Kisses! Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Oh great ! Way to make me feel stupid Lisa. First thing this morning I go to your blog and WHINE because there is nothing from you-Then I come here and find this well written expression of your feelings. Guess this will teach me not to be so much of a cry baby. hehehe Hope all the members have a great weekend..

Hi Tina, Thank you for such a wonderfully explained comment! It is a wonderful to be here and interacting with ladies I can really relate and other guests who understand us and are very nice. I hope to share us much as I can about my expression many times in this forum...so much that you're all going to be tired of me! LOL....don't worry, time won't allow that anyway. Whatever I can share, will be because I feel so much better about myself after the experience here...believe me, I never would've thought about sharing my photos, and or WILD VIDEO! Thank you sweety, you have a very nice weekend! Kisses...Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Lisa, if you look at how long some of us have been members here, it's because we all feel at home here among friends and a family of sister that have a lot in common, even if we are all different, and from all walks of life. Most of us grew up feeling very alone, with out anyone we could talk to about cross dressing with, and that makes us all very much a like in some ways.
    I for one am always happy to see a new face come in here, and hope the dialog goes on for years!
    Tina B.

You are so quite right Nikki, this forum has also done a similar experience for me, in that I'm also progressing further with my expression on who I am! Kisses...Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    We are all different and yet have some things in common. It is an open forum and there is a lot of good info and sometimes some critisism hopefully the constructive kind and not mean spirited.
    I've gotten alot out of the forum, met some very nice people and gor the courage to progress further than I ever expected. I hope you find the same satisfaction also.

Hi Scarlet...glad you're our guess! You may want to check out my blog for some news! but no cigar! lol. Kisses...Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    I'm not even a crossdresser and I like it. I only popped in for a newspaper and some cigs.

Lisa, it is my belief that everyone has something to contribute. While I treasure the advice of the experienced CDers, I also like to hear from those of us who are less experienced. Often the best teacher is someone who has just learned something, because they still remember how they learned it!

We are a unique community, and each of us makes it a bit richer.

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Docrobbysherry,
    Thanks for the wonderful detail about this forum. You're right in it being unique....so much variety here. And I know what you mean by the pink of this site...I really brighten up a coffee shop while visiting this site there! you know how dim their lights are! take care sweety...Kisses...Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    There is no question that this is a VERY SPECIAL ENVIRONMENT for CD/TG/TS individuals, Mystery! It's apparently the combo of members and the format that is carefully moderated that makes it so unique.

However, there IS a downside! I had to install a vent fan in the ceiling of my computer closet! So the pink fog from this site doesn't fill up my entire house!

Thank you Eryn for such a delightful statement, I couldn't have said it any better! Very wise indeed, and it is why I enjoy coming here over and over. I'm learning so much, and I'm feeling better about who I am. Take good care. Kisses...Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Lisa, it is my belief that everyone has something to contribute. While I treasure the advice of the experienced CDers, I also like to hear from those of us who are less experienced. Often the best teacher is someone who has just learned something, because they still remember how they learned it!

We are a unique community, and each of us makes it a bit richer.

Eryn

Hi Cynthia! WOW, Thank you for such sweet warm words, it's so wonderful to read such a delight! I can see the variety of people here, ladies and gentlemen, and it's a great thing for sure. I'm glad to be meeting so many sisters, such as yourself, who come out of no where to make someone else feel so special inside! Thank you sweety!!! Kisses...Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Hi Lisa! Your thread is very touching! And I thank you for that! We are all from different walks of life and from all over the world! Yet we are all sisters! we share our likes and dislikes! What makes this clean place so speacial to me is, we are all different and yet we are all the same! So that is why I like to say; welcome to the sisterhood of love! Here's a big hug for my sister Lisa!

Hi Rianna,
    Thanks for the wonderful post, you hit the nail right on the head Rianna!(I think that's the statement) This forum has taught me things that I already have put into practice, and the best part is that if I'm unsure I can consult with various people to see what they have to say. It helps when trying to make the right decision in a situation one is not too familiar with, as in my case with crossdressing. Thank you once again for your great comment and I hope to share more in the near future Kisses....Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Hi Lisa,

Thank you for sharing that with us. I think we all probably wondered at first what cd.com would be like and whether we would fit in or not.

I think that the admins and mods do a great job of fostering the kind of warmth and support that you mentioned. Whatever else you do or don't learn from this web site, I hope that you will remember that you are a valuable person in your own right and that just because you don't have the same experiences as someone else doesn't make you wrong or an outcast.

I have found that some of the best support I have received on these forums came from people who cared enough to ask me to think again about what I was proposing/wanting to do so that I could be sure I was not making a mistake.

Mind you, I have also basked in the "you go girl!" type of support too and don't know whether I would be where I am today without the broad range of support and advice I have received here.

So once again, thank you for expressing your appreciation and I hope to read a lot more from you in the future.

Hi Susan, Thank you for your comment...and Welcome to the forum girl! (by the way, I love your plated skirt..I have a similar one in pink...oops back to your comment) You're very right about other places which have such requirements for joining...and some even trick you into some sites for paid memberships! I like what you have to say about the different type of people accepted here in relations to how extensive or not they may want to dress, because I was one of them...one that just put a skirt and will feel bad when the thought came in my mind about what others around me may think. Being in this forum has opened up my eyes, my mind, and my desires...no one here told me to dress or not, they just expressed themselves and shared their experiences and the results of them. Many shared their comments of their own experiences in relation to what I was debating....and that has been a great contribution to what I finally decided on a daily basis. Now I dress fully when I'm alone, and express it freely, and feel so good about it...and the best thing about this is that I no longer feel guilty, I stayed dressed as long as I can and I pose and perform what I like as much as I desire it...Thank you for your inspiring comment Susan...Kisses...Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_Xdress View Post
    Hi Lisa

As a relatively new member here I also found this to be a warm, respectful, supportive place to be; and I recommend it highly to all new arrivals. What I have enjoyed about it, is that it is relatively label-free and not so clique-orientated as most of our special world tends to be.
    All the, ‘If you don’t show your face, we don’t want to know you’, coupled with the, ‘If you don’t parade around in clubs with all the exhibitionists wearing a miniskirt and net stockings, you aren’t being honest about yourself . . “ Well you know what I mean.
    Here we are all different, and that is the way it should be. For those who can dress completely, pass and enjoy the world at large, to those who can only wear a skirt and undies quietly at home.
    We all have a shared love of cross-dressing – So welcome aboard Lisa. You should discover many friends here.

Susan