Thread: Fantasia Fair

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar

Fantasia Fair

I'm considering to attend Fantasia Fair, Provincetown, this year.
    Being from the so far away Brazil, I would like to be sure it is a kind of worthwhile experience.
    Could anyone give me a feedback on it please?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Marcia Polari; 09-03-2011 at 03:56 PM.

I have never been to Fantasia Fair but I have been to Provincetown many, many times. It is a very accepting place anytime of the year and I'm positive you would have a grand time there.

I was supposed to go to Fantasia fair last year, I registered, but cancelled out because of schedule issues.
    I've been to Keystone Conference in Pennsylvania, and I'm going to Southern Comfort in Atlanta, Georgia in a few weeks.

Any type of transgender conference or event is always fun.

Just figure out how to get to Provincetown, as it is a few hour's drive from Boston.

I see you are from Brazil. It might be helpful for you to know that there are many people from southeastern Massachusetts who speak fluent Portuguese, since there is a large population of people from the Açores, particulary New Bedford and Fall River. You might get lucky to run into someone. if you want some sense of the community, listen to WJFD-FM 97.3 http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Globo-973-s29818/
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 09-03-2011 at 09:33 PM.

I went a few years ago and loved it , and if I had more time to myself would love to go again, I can't think of a more open place
    to go than P town ,

I might make it out. Never heard of it til now. Sounds like fun. Do many from this community (this board) show?

The 2011 one already passed but.......I'd like to attend Esprit Gala 2012 in Port Angeles, WA for mixed reasons. It seems very def awsome, I feel a natural affinity to and am pulled towards west coast glam..... and its in a town is of importance in the Twilight Saga books written by Stephanie Meyers. Ahh.....melting..........dreamy...

Boo (to it having passed already)

It takesplace beginning October 16

http://www.fantasiafair.org/
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi Dr. Susan
    Thanks a lot for the positive feedback.
    I'll see if I can still make it.
    Hugs,
    Marcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Susan View Post
    I have never been to Fantasia Fair but I have been to Provincetown many, many times. It is a very accepting place anytime of the year and I'm positive you would have a grand time there.

Hi Nathalie
    Great to read from you. You made me more confident to attend FF. Let's see.
    I know of Portuguese speaking community in Mass., particularly around Boston.
    I travel quite often to the States and given the shortness of time I usually prefer to socialize with US people, particularly CDers.
    Thanks honey.
    Take care,
    Marcia
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I was supposed to go to Fantasia fair last year, I registered, but cancelled out because of schedule issues.
    I've been to Keystone Conference in Pennsylvania, and I'm going to Southern Comfort in Atlanta, Georgia in a few weeks.

Any type of transgender conference or event is always fun.

Just figure out how to get to Provincetown, as it is a few hour's drive from Boston.

I see you are from Brazil. It might be helpful for you to know that there are many people from southeastern Massachusetts who speak fluent Portuguese, since there is a large population of people from the Açores, particulary New Bedford and Fall River. You might get lucky to run into someone. if you want some sense of the community, listen to WJFD-FM 97.3 http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Globo-973-s29818/

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    I went a few years ago and loved it , and if I had more time to myself would love to go again, I can't think of a more open place
    to go than P town ,
    Hi Julie
    Great to know you had fun there.
    It makes me feel like going.
    Hugs hun
    Marcia

Hi Jessica
    I'll let you know in case I go.
    Would be fun to make your acquaintance there.
    Hugs hun,
    Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    The 2011 one already passed but.......I'd like to attend Esprit Gala 2012 in Port Angeles, WA for mixed reasons. It seems very def awsome, I feel a natural affinity to and am pulled towards west coast glam..... and its in a town is of importance in the Twilight Saga books written by Stephanie Meyers. Ahh.....melting..........dreamy...
    Hi Annaliese
    Thanks for the comments. Love to know about the Gala in Port Angeles and Stephanie Meyers'books. All so new to me.
    Hugs sweetie,
    Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    It takesplace beginning October 16

http://www.fantasiafair.org/
    Hi Steffi
    Thanks for confirming the dates and for quoting the website.
    I'm already on their mailing list and get most of basic information about FF.
    Thanks hun,
    Marcia

Yay (to it not being passed this year)