Thread: What's the Q?

What's the Q?

A while back there was a post, somone had a thing at a church that said GBLTQ,,, and the question was, "What''ss the Q stand for" I don't reacall if anyone ever came up with a concrete anser, I tryed to search the thread and it didn't come up.... But anywho...... The Zanesville campus of Ohio University is having a GBLTQ seminar Jan. 21. Acording to the advertisment for said seminar, we now have an anser for the "Q"... It stands for "Questioning".

Good one. I understand it stands for "Queer" in order to include those that do not consider themselves as part of the LGBT group, but still want to be included.

Well, now,,, I always thought "Queer" was a slang term, (often derogitory) for Gay.

There is a term out there called "genderqueer" which I think is what the "Q" stands for. The term represents a blurring of the lines around both gender identity and sexual orientation. Genderqueer people embrace a fluidity of gender expression and sexual orientation. That is the definition I have of that term but I am not sure that is what the "Q" stands for. You should attend the seminar and come back to tell us what it really means.

Actually from what I've read I think it means Questioning.....kinda like bi-curious I guess. I guess everybody wants a letter these days lol!
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"