Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaaaggghh! Heat Damage!!!

Aaaaggghh! Heat Damage!!!

I got all Betty Crocker yesterday. Saturdays are my usual "dress to the nines" days, when I have the whole day to myself, and I go all out with full makeup, mascara, etc. So I got all dressed up, and decided to make a pie, of all things. I make a really great apple pie.

I got it all put together, and pre-heated the oven. I know you can see this one coming. When all was ready, I opened the oven to put the pie in, and that wave of 400 degree heat hit me. My heart fell....I just knew what I'd just done without thinking. I put the pie in, closed the oven door, and walked to the bathroom to have a peek in the mirror. And sure enough, all the bangs on one side of my wig were singed and withered with the heat.

Nuts! The damage isn't too bad. It's still wearable. But I've had this wig for a few years now, and it's taken its share of abuse, like they all do. It's about time to start saving for another one. Oh, well...the experience I had buying this one was really wonderful. I'll have to get all dressed up and go back to the wig shop sometime soon.

Sigh....I really like this wig, but its time is about up.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    "I got all Betty Crocker yesterday" >>>> lol!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was it a blond wig? Sorry but I had to get in there first.
    A warning to all of us that cook.

Hugs, SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy1
    Was it a blond wig?
    Oh har har HAR-de-har-har! You're a regular riot, Suze. LOL

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Ohhh no.....Thats horrible....Glad it is still at least wearable.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Actually, No. I didn't see that one coming. I thought worse. I thought you were going to say one of your breast forms fell out and melted in the oven. Ewww! What a mess that would have been.

Well, it WAS blonde. It's dark brown now. haha

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I got all Betty Crocker yesterday.
    So it wasn't "getting all Mrs Doubtfire"? Singed wig, burnt boobs, what's the difference?

I am sorry to hear that. It is good to get all the life out of everything we can. We sure spend enough. I hope you find a perfect wig and that it is on sale!

Oops! I HATE it when that happens!

Lemons, meet lemonade...at least it's time to go shopping!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

What some people will do to justify getting new hair...lol.

Time for new hair honey!

Danni Renee's GG SO Deana ♥ Danni's Avatar
    I hate to hear that, but on the bright side I'm glad to hear you had a Betty Crocker day, I love those

Hugs,
    Deana

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Been there, done that!!! Now if I'm spending time in the kitchen, I have one special wig with shorter bangs to cook with too..

And like we need a reason to go shopping, but it is always nice to have an excuse to get out and do the necessaries.

Tanya

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Did no one ever tell you to open the door, let the heat escape, and then stick your head in front of the door? That is the way real chefs do it!! So they don't get that heat wave!! Are you a blonde??
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Maybe there needs to be a donation site for unnatural hair disasters.

At least it wasn't real hair (I burned the front of my hair and one eyelash off BBQ'in early this summer; all grown back now but OWWWW)!

Hope you find a better wig to fall in love with

How did the pie turn out? It better have been worth it!

Mmmmm... I love home made apple pie esp if its from scratch. My fave is cherry pie...of Course! Mmmmm mm!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Oops! Sorry that happened to you Marla but I know how you might feel as it (almost) happened to me once except in our oven at the time was a home cooked pizza not a pie. I do dress and go out quite often and so I usually have to get a new wig anyway every 12 months or so due to "wear and tear" ... thankfully it's not because of an accident due to baking .... humm ... I guess maybe I need to bake more often,. I even have a cute apron!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

So, how was the pie?

- Diane

"hair today, gone tomorrow."

sorry, I had to. Really sorry.

Can you have both sides trimmed up and make it a shorter look?

I've considered giving my wig a trim for some time now, but I'm no stylist, and I would greatly fear the outcome of such an attempt. I'll likely just suck it up, find $200.00 somewhere, and go have a femme day buying a new one. Still, it sucks to damage this one like that. It's the best hair I've ever had (so far).

And the question of the day: Yep. The pie was awesome!

Marla, I also like to cook, but not the Betty Crocker type, more June Cleaver, although seems to be as I remember the old packages, Betty did dress up pretty nice.
    Been there, done that, so far as the hair goes. And I've tried to trim up the mistake, well that turned out to be a mistake, bangs to short, and then they just got looking frizzy and it was neverr really that good again, if you can wear it without the trim you probably just as well off leaving as is.
    Stephanie, we know that, after the fact, but a moment of not thinking about it, and then knowing that was dumb, but it's to late to help. But it's the time of year that big sales start, maybe it's a good time to find that new Doo for fall!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not a "pie in the oven" type of girl. More of a "pie in the sky" type!
    And, into cranking up the barbie. Where wearing a wig could be FATAL! Like Chaos, I've lost a lot of arm hair. And, even some beard to the roaring flames when it kicks on!

Of course, THAT always grows back. Unlike your wig, Marla. SORRY!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Any good beautican should be able to give your beloved posession a fix up. I'm not talented with scisors either, and even I was able to give one of my drab wigs a trim, and it came out ok.
    When I'm cooking while wearing my hair, I make sure I'm standing off to the side of the oven when it's open.