Thread: Almost outed my SO

Almost outed my SO

Well, I nearly let the cat out of the bag today. We were watching the morning news show and I looked over to my SO and said that the weather girl was wearing a dress similar to the one WE had. (somethings we can share, which is cool because it expands both our wardrobes) She just looked at me and then at our teenage boys in the kitchen. Thank goodness they are normal teenagers and never listen to anything their parents say.
    Peace, Love, and Lip Gloss

At least you think they never listen!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

teenage boys.....what they probably heard was "wahh, wah wah, wahh, wah wah wahhhh" I blame video games and too much mountain dew for rotting their brains lol :P
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJunkie View Post
    teenage boys.....what they probably heard was "wahh, wah wah, wahh, wah wah wahhhh" I blame video games and too much mountain dew for rotting their brains lol :P
    My wife does the "we" thing quite a bit, lol. We were at MAC once trading in old makeup for a new lipstick and my wife says "should we keep this one?" The sales girl immediately looked at me and asked "oh, do you were makeup?" I just brushed it off, but it was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyCDFL View Post
    My wife does the "we" thing quite a bit, lol. We were at MAC once trading in old makeup for a new lipstick and my wife says "should we keep this one?" The sales girl immediately looked at me and asked "oh, do you were makeup?" I just brushed it off, but it was pretty funny.
    Y'know, at the MAC counter I'd be likely to say "Sure!" if that question were asked. The result might be interesting!

I do know that at the Lancome counter I got a lot more attention from the SA after my wife shared the lotion sample she was given with me!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyCDFL View Post
    I would have made a funny and said "I don't wear it anymore...of cours I don't wear it any less eitheer." Okay, so maybe I am the only one who thinks that is funny.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

At least you didn't say "similar to the one YOU have" !
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJunkie View Post
    I would have to disagree with this statement. I would have to say be careful because one of them might have picked up on it. I was one where i picked up on little verbal statements like that and point it out later to when the situation would give me an advantage to achieve what I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IT'S EITHER WE FIGHT OR WE DIE!

There's an oops moment for you! The nice part is you and your SO wear the same size, and your supportive as well.

Kristina I find it hard not be supportive when I love the other person

I think your lil' story is cute! 'Cause I never seen a teen listen when parents talk!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My god what would they care, have you seen what teen boys are wearing these days?lol

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Kathy,

Your story reminds me of a time that my wife Marla kinda outed me. Both of us were shopping together at JC Penney for Prom dresses for an upcoming TG formal ball we were going to. I was in boy mode. We took the opportunity to check out the clearance section and we found some gorgeous full length gowns.

Anyway, I had such a scare (or should that be thrill?) at the checkout because as the sales assistant rang up the items, the woman said to Marla " ... so ok .... now you have two dresses here right? (it was hard to tell with the massive amount of material, skirting, netting etc that was on the counter) .... Marla says "yes - that's right". The SA says "did you know that they are different sizes?" ... "yes" says Marla and then my wife goes on to ask the checker about what if they get marked down, would we be able to bring them back and get a reduction price etc. The woman said "no, this is the sale price we don't mark them down any more". Marla then turned looked right at me, not really thinking, and said in a loud voice (remember I'm in boy mode) "oh well, we can keep these dresses anyway, they'll be insurance for both of us. We'll at least have something to wear if we can't find anything better". My eyes widened and I looked at Marla and grinned from ear to ear because the woman checker stopped what she was doing and looked at Marla with a slightly surprised look that then changed to a huge "knowing smile" on her face. I was thinking OMG darling! thanks for outing me! I felt a bit shy but otherwise took it well. I absolutely know the woman behind us heard everything too. I don't mind really, as it wasn't exactly being outed it was only suggested that I would be wearing one of the ball gowns.

Anyway, this sort of thing might not seem significant, but I got quite a kick out of Marla seemingly inadvertently "forgetting" I'm in boy mode and talking about "us" wearing the dresses just as if we were two women going shopping. Afterwards, Marla told me she can't help it as the CDing seems a "normal part of our lives" and so she often talks about it openly. She said she sometimes "forgets" I'm in boy mode as we often go out together with me dressed.

Anyway, your story made me smile - thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 09-05-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by GG Kathy View Post
    Well, I nearly let the cat out of the bag today. We were watching the morning news show and I looked over to my SO and said that the weather girl was wearing a dress similar to the one WE had. (somethings we can share, which is cool because it expands both our wardrobes) She just looked at me and then at our teenage boys in the kitchen. Thank goodness they are normal teenagers and never listen to anything their parents say.
    I've found that my teenage (girl) has interesting selective deafness. She can't hear anything directed at her in a conversational or louder tone of voice. On the other hand, something I whisper to my wife when she's 2 rooms away, she'll have some perky smart-aleck comment about.

Rachel, I'm glad I brought back what I am sure is a happy memory and put a smile on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    ............... Marla then turned looked right at me, not really thinking, and said in a loud voice (remember I'm in boy mode) "oh well, we can keep these dresses anyway, they'll be insurance for both of us. We'll at least have something to wear if we can't find anything better". ...................
    Outed to strangers by the wife could be a thrill. My wife took me shopping for girl jeans because guy jeans were too baggy on my (she doesn't know about the CD ing). I tried them on in front of the SA. Even she agreed that they looked good on me. It was kind of fun.

Outed to friends or family - not so much of a thrill.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Hi Kathy,

Your story reminds me of a time that my wife Marla kinda outed me. Both of us were shopping together at JC Penney for Prom dresses for an upcoming TG formal ball we were going to. I was in boy mode. We took the opportunity to check out the clearance section and we found some gorgeous full length gowns.

Anyway, I had such a scare (or should that be thrill?) at the checkout because as the sales assistant rang up the items, the woman said to Marla " ... so ok .... now you have two dresses here right? (it was hard to tell with the massive amount of material, skirting, netting etc that was on the counter) .... Marla says "yes - that's right". The SA says "did you know that they are different sizes?" ... "yes" says Marla and then my wife goes on to ask the checker about what if they get marked down, would we be able to bring them back and get a reduction price etc. The woman said "no, this is the sale price we don't mark them down any more". Marla then turned looked right at me, not really thinking, and said in a loud voice (remember I'm in boy mode) "oh well, we can keep these dresses anyway, they'll be insurance for both of us. We'll at least have something to wear if we can't find anything better". My eyes widened and I looked at Marla and grinned from ear to ear because the woman checker stopped what she was doing and looked at Marla with a slightly surprised look that then changed to a huge "knowing smile" on her face. I was thinking OMG darling! thanks for outing me! I felt a bit shy but otherwise took it well. I absolutely know the woman behind us heard everything too. I don't mind really, as it wasn't exactly being outed it was only suggested that I would be wearing one of the ball gowns.

Anyway, this sort of thing might not seem significant, but I got quite a kick out of Marla seemingly inadvertently "forgetting" I'm in boy mode and talking about "us" wearing the dresses just as if we were two women going shopping. Afterwards, Marla told me she can't help it as the CDing seems a "normal part of our lives" and so she often talks about it openly. She said she sometimes "forgets" I'm in boy mode as we often go out together with me dressed.

Anyway, your story made me smile - thanks for sharing
    What a great relationship you and your wife have! Much like mine is with Hope. Your story was great as well!

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

Platinum Member
    Funny. But you're right - teenagers never listen to their parents. Later, in their mid 20's they'll start listening again, so you'll have to be more careful!

Well Kimdle I think by their 20s they will know. This came about so late in their lives (they are 16) we have decided to wait a bit. We are starting discussions on being transgendered (Thank you Chaz for joining DWTS) and watching shows that touch on it.

my wife is also starting to refer "us" and "we" in the makeup departments, double edge sword for me, i'm thrilled that she's getting used to the idea and helping out. but man oh man i'm not used to the knowing smirks from the people around us. still havent found a foundation that works with me..one day

Just a quick comment about the make-up but I was giving some chair massages at an event, and when the guy client got up, he apollogized for getting HIS MAKE-UP on my face cover. So maybe it's just a Left Coast thing but there is an increase in Men's facial products, makeup included, here. So a yes answer probably would have brighten her day a little.

The couple times my wife and I have been out, en femme, and I was more than a few feet away from her. She has called to get her husbands attention, she did get a strange look from the person who was closest to her and that wasn't me.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    The Boys were in the kitchen? It would take a Hand Grenade to get my stepsons out of their bedroom lol.
    Never been outed by my Missus,but the nearest to it came when we were shopping (in the store I work) and she saw a nice top,that she thought would suit me,she proceeded to hold it up against me,seconds before a colleague (from day shift)came round the corner ,Phew!

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hmmm, I love the idea of a relationship where your SO is so accepting that she can openly discuss things as if they were just 'normal'... wg=hich of course they are really. As for teenage boys... they have selective memories... be prepared for something to pop up in the future!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Kathy View Post
    They probably didn't react because they've known for years and don't know how to breach the subject.