Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ratio of your digits.

Aspiring Member

Ratio of your digits.

I'm the first person to scoff and roll my eyes at the posts trying to correlate something to what we do, but this is interesting.

http://io9.com/5838446/whats-up-with...e-and-your-sex

And for the record, my ring finger is not longer than my pointer.
    —Mikaela

Platinum Member
    I seem to have failed the test. My ring finger is somewhat longer than my index finger. I do know that I had several male siblings born immediately ahead of me, and that has been strongly associated with gender and sexuality. But fingers can't lie right? I guess I don't need all these women's clothes afterall

Oh gosh, I haven't seen this in years!

I remember a thread long ago where it was discussed extensively. You might do a search. If memory serves, the results were mixed pointing to yet another fun, but ineffective way to determine gender.
    Reine

Thanks Mikaela. I read up a little about this recently after someone here posted a link. I think the topic is fascinating, Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Although I failed this particularly test, I wonder if other factors, such as overall stature might affect this particular ratio. I have embarrasingly large hands, and I'm 6'2" and fairly large boned. And I don't care, I still like wearing tank tops!

I have mentioned this in other threads. It has for years been said as a good way to tell ones true gender but then everything changes over time so who knows>
    My ring fingers on both hands are a good 1/2 inch longer then my pointers.
    Kinda makes one wonder how it relates to the size of something a little lower?

Check the thread on the COGIATI test, which is now about 10-12 days old. One of the gender tests discussed therein had a finger length ration test as part of its "scientific methodology." It's fun stuff, but probably has very little utlity in the final analysis. I do have to admit that my fingers came in as being of female proportions, which kind of surprised me, but would appear to be accurate as regards sexual orientation.

I found that on one hand my ring finger was longer. On the other hand they were the same. I wonder what the experts would say about that?

Silver Member
    Mixed results. Left hand, low ratio (i.e., ring finger longer, maleness). Right hand, equality (femaleness). That's measured.

Interesting, though - if I put my hand flat on a table, the left hand index and ring fingers *appear* the same length, whereas the right hand ring finger looks longer than the RH index.

Lea

Aspiring Member
    Oh, I wouldn't put too much value into it Depending on how you shift your thumb, the orientation of your fingers can change. And if it is part of the Cogiati, it might as well have bunk written all over it.
    —Mikaela

I am with you jessica, one is male proportioned and the other is female. Maybe that is why I am bi...lol. Fun analogy Mikaela, thanks.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    Another test of being female is if you put your right hand up the centre of your back and extend your first finger...if it comes above where a bra strap would be...you have feminine traits. That's why women can fasten bras.

I made that up.

But you did it anyway

Yes you did!!

No you did I saw you.
    yep....I did......and for the record my 2D and 4D are the same length to the nearest 1/10th as best as I can Measure them.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Gold Member
    One of my favorite things to scoff at! But I seem to remember the original thread saying something to the effect of "if you ring finger extends past your pointer". I have seen this come up in other writings and those stated the true length of the fingers (the bases aren't parallel). So the wording does change depending on who you read.

Another test of being female is if you put your right hand up the centre of your back and extend your first finger...if it comes above where a bra strap would be...you have feminine traits. That's why women can fasten bras.

I made that up.

But you did it anyway

Yes you did!!

No you did I saw you.
    I certainly did But that`s not how I put my bra on hon, I turn the back strap to the front (just below my breast) and fasten it then I turn it back to the front, secure the cups around my breast and simply throw the straps easily over my shoulders now that is how a real woman puts her bra on hehe

The Left Hand of Darkness (Ursula K. Le Guin)

No you did I saw you.
    Darn! You caught me! How'd you do that???

And that is the way I fasten my bra -- behind my back.

More importantly, like others here I have those opposite fingers.

My pointer finger on my left hand is a good bit longer than my ring finger. My ring finger on my right hand is quite a bit longer than my index finger. The ratios are about the same and on each hand the longer finger is about 3/8" (9.5mm) longer than the other finger.

Maybe one hand with each is emerging as the most common pattern for transgenders? Wonder what the FtM's are finding on this one.

Hugs,
    Persephone
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Although I failed this particularly test, I wonder if other factors, such as overall stature might affect this particular ratio. I have embarrasingly large hands, and I'm 6'2" and fairly large boned. And I don't care, I still like wearing tank tops!
    I'm small boned, about 5'9", and pretty skinny. My ring finger is slightly longer than pointer also. I have slightly muscular but not large hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica renee View Post
    I found that on one hand my ring finger was longer. On the other hand they were the same. I wonder what the experts would say about that?
    Have you broken the longer finger? I knew a girl that had one arm that was a good 3 inches longer than the other one. She had broken it twice. It seem that when you break a bone it heals to be slightly longer than before.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica renee View Post
    according to the test mentioned previously, you would be an androgyne: part male part female.

On my right hand, my ring is longer than my index but on my left they equal in length.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    One of my favorite things to scoff at! But I seem to remember the original thread saying something to the effect of "if you ring finger extends past your pointer". I have seen this come up in other writings and those stated the true length of the fingers (the bases aren't parallel). So the wording does change depending on who you read.
    the BBC test takes that into account.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-09-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Please do not multi post and instead use the MultiQuote button: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_replying

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Well I must be female since mine are the same length. No wonder I feel the way I do inside!!!!!

Hugs
    Trisha

I made that up.

But you did it anyway

Yes you did!!

No you did I saw you.

Yes, I did - and I can almost touch the base of my skull!! Bring on the bras!!!!

I've fastend my bra behind my back for 30+years! My ring fingers are longer then my index's! Go figure! I put about as much in this story as I do that the president is going to 'fix' the economy???????????????
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I think that is only valid if you are left handed and first born.... Was the only male child with 7 sisters.... Parents were divorced...... And you haven't worn your fingers down dragging them on the ground...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You know they used to say you can tell a criminal by the sepration of thier eyes and there forehead. And I guess for some of us isn't it a matter of being in the wrong body?

To add to the fun, on both hands my ring and pointer are almost exactly the same, w/ both rings being slightly shorter. In the name of (non) science

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think that is only valid if you are left handed and first born.... Was the only male child with 7 sisters.... Parents were divorced...... And you haven't worn your fingers down dragging them on the ground...
    My fingers may pass this, clearly very accurate test of feminineness. But my knuckles are worn to the bone from dragging on the ground. Not as you may think from walking up & down the garden ploughing, but from trying to slow our little sport car when my wife is at the wheel.

Aspiring Member
    So mine are both exactly the same length. From what i gather from the article, this is considered a female trait? Super! one more thing to have a complex about!

Rolls eyes,

-Donni-