Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratio of your digits.

Aspiring Member
    Mine are nearly the same length. I finally passed a test (after 50+ years of being wrong). I should have been a female to begin with.
    Diane Elizabeth

a bit nutty
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think that is only valid if you are left handed and first born.... Was the only male child with 7 sisters.... Parents were divorced...... And you haven't worn your fingers down dragging them on the ground...
    Leftie yes, first born no. Divorced parents yes. Seven sisters? Think of the all the wonderful hand me downs.... sigh... sadly no. Worn down fingers... uh, no too tall, sorry.

My ring fingers are longer than my pointers on both hands. Even though I'm over 6 feet tall, my hands are remarkably small. I never really gave them any thought, until now.

Ginger

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I've seen this before. But since fingers are bones, and it's already well established that men's bones and women's bones tend to be different, the fingers are probably just another area that tends to show one thing, but it's probably not a very accurate way of guessing sex. My pointer fingers are longer btw.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Quote Originally Posted by Schatten Lupus View Post
    I've seen this before. But since fingers are bones, and it's already well established that men's bones and women's bones tend to be different, the fingers are probably just another area that tends to show one thing, but it's probably not a very accurate way of guessing sex. My pointer fingers are longer btw.
    I'm a little dense. If your ring finger is longer, this makes you what, allegedly?
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    All I know is that my digits look their best after a nice manicure and the application of OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender at least it worked for this week!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

I have a ratio of 1 on both hands.

My mother raised the issue recently over a family dinner. We were all joking about it, measuring fingers and making calculations. Nobody, but me, noticed that, when I show that my fingers were of the same size, my mother froze. Eventually, once we covered all possible commentary about it, my sister in law asked my mother for more details about the article she read. My mother dismissed it and we all moved on.

I'm not going to worry much about it. But if I ever had doubts that my mother knew something about my "hobby", well... not anymore!

I'm a little dense. If your ring finger is longer, this makes you what, allegedly?
    Supposedly men tend to have a ring finger that is longer than their index finger, whereas women tend to have a index and ring finger about the same length or the index finger longer than the ring finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Schatten Lupus View Post
    Supposedly men tend to have a ring finger that is longer than their index finger, whereas women tend to have a index and ring finger about the same length or the index finger longer than the ring finger.
    My ring finger is just a tiny bit longer. I guess I'm almost a man! Or almost a woman depending on how you want to look at it.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

OMG! omg omg my 2D > 4D! Well i NEver woulda... i mean doesnt that just... idk... does that mean i'm like... idk... hmm...reminds me, i simply Must schedule an appointment to get my nails done again... my Goodness i'm overdue...(humming 'flightless bird, american mouth' by iron & wine whilst leaving thread..)

Here's another article on the same subject I bookmarked a while back. http://www.viewzone.com/fingers.html

It's funny how people will see what they want to see. There's nothing in any of these studies that correlates genetic males having the female finger pattern to transness. What they say is that you are more likely to be gay. My left hand ring finger is shorter and my right hand ring finger is equal. My mother took DES while pregnant with me. Coincidence?

I think I want to change my major, or at least career direction, so I can be one of those people who get paid to study and research things that are utterly useless, serve no real purpose, and seem to be nothing more than an over generalization.
    I think my first study will be women like their coffee one way, and men like it another way. Now of course there are alot of factors in it, and you'll find plenty of exceptions, but someone is fronting the bill to call such stuff "research."

Ya know there is a much easier way to figure out your birth gender, Just lift up your skirt! (this test only works if you have not had SRS) : P
    I can't believe some of you actually got out a ruler and measured your fingers!