Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing at Disney Parks

I'm a Bad Bad Girl Karin-the-Nerd's Avatar

Dressing at Disney Parks

Disney World throws a Halloween celebration select nights through October. You're allowed to dress up under certain guidelines. One such guideline is "Costumes must be child appropriate". Well, I honestly don't see anything inappropriate about my costume here in my photoshoot.... (before I took off the tights anyway)

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-My-Photoshoot

Thing is, my fiancee' thinks quite differently. She decided to tell her opinions to a few of our friends, and they sided with her. I offered to put on a t-shirt under the jacket to eliminate the exposed stomach, but she persists that the make-up job alone makes it inappropriate and that Disney would not let me inside the gates. What's really not cool is that my fiancee' is dressing up as a male character and nobody sees anthing wrong or unfair about it. I even pitched to swap costumes with her, so we'd both be dressed as our own genders, but her response to that was...

"I hate the female character! I'm dressing as the male character. You're the only one breaking rules here. Everyone agrees with me."

Is there anyway I can win this? Because right now, my best solution is to stay at home and just let her take a friend to Disney.
    Last edited by Karin-the-Nerd; 09-09-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    "I'm going to make it. I'm going to be a star. You know why? Because I have nothing left to lose." -Lady Gaga, Marry the Night

(Facebook link removed as it the content was against forum rules)

Disney land is having gay days at the end of Sept. in Anihiem Ca. so you can dress anyway you want up to a point it's a great time to get out and dress if you have'nt or anybody i think we might take a drive there for a day.
    It's better to burn out then to fade away!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00002679127412

I know about gay days and they're great, but that's not what we're attending. We're attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.
    "I'm going to make it. I'm going to be a star. You know why? Because I have nothing left to lose." -Lady Gaga, Marry the Night

Well it seems to me that probably every day of the week there are hundreds of "girls" walking the park with thier midriff showing... So I would think that as long as you don't have your panties visible from below, you should be just fine...

Aspiring Member
    Here's something I found for the Disneyland version...can't imagine it'd be any different. Also, I am sure at least a few other members of this forum have done costumes there. Might want to search for a matching thread.

I'd say if you're questioning if something is appropriate or not, it would be better to err on the side of caution (or at least have a contingency plan.)

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/spec...lloween-party/

All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:

•Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    •Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    •Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    •Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    •Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    •Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    •Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.

Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

I don't see a problem with the top as long as you put a Tshirt on that will cover your midriff.

The only issue I see is in the short shorts and the thigh highs. Maybe my POV comes from a pre-Manga generation, but thigh highs and short shorts are decidedly associated with female sexuality and I wonder if this is appropriate for a Disney family Halloween night.

Would your girlfriend be OK with a different female character such as Fuka, of the same series? You could wear tights if the skirt is too short. The cost for this costume isn't much more than the ticket for the event:

http://www.milanoo.com/upload/produc...ume-9019-1.jpg
    Reine

Thanks everyone. After talking to my fiancee' some more, I think we have a pretty good plan now. I will attempt to enter the park as Karin without adjustments. If they give me trouble about my stomach, I will put the t-shirt on under it. If they give me trouble about make-up or shorts, I will just change into a male character costume that we will bring with us in case.

The back-up will probably be Kakashi.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Con2011063.jpg

The big night isn't until October 10th, but when the time comes, I'll let you girls know how it went down.
    Last edited by Karin-the-Nerd; 09-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satin n lace View Post
    Disney land is having gay days at the end of Sept. in Anihiem Ca. so you can dress anyway you want up to a point it's a great time to get out and dress if you have'nt or anybody i think we might take a drive there for a day.
    Those aren't approved of by Disney parks.
    I was like, 10 when there was a gay day at disneyland.
    There were more than a dozen couples making out (not that there's anything wrong with that), and I found 2 broken condoms in the men's restroom after I saw a couple of men in red shirts leave there.
    Not sure if theirs, but if it was, that's pretty gross that they couldn't keep it in their pants until closing time.

I'm cool with gay people, and I'm pretty indifferent toward it, but just don't shove it down my throat, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Karin-the-Nerd View Post
    Thanks everyone. After talking to my fiancee' some more, I think we have a pretty good plan now. I will attempt to enter the park as Karin without adjustments. If they give me trouble about my stomach, I will put the t-shirt on under it. If they give me trouble about make-up or shorts, I will just change into a male character costume that we will bring with us in case.

The back-up will probably be Kakashi.

The big night isn't until October 10th, but when the time comes, I'll let you girls know how it went down.
    That... That's the most badass thing I've seen all day.
    Congratulations.

P.S.: His headband goes over his left eye, to cover his sharingan eye.
    Last edited by Daintre; 09-09-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Please do not post consecutive posts, it is not allowed on the forum.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

I have seen men with short tanks on showing off their wares. I don't think it is inappropriate at all. However, you can send an email to Disney with a picture asking if it is appropriate.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Karin, I was at Anaheim Disneyland last year for their Mickey Mouse event. Not sure if it's the same in Florida. Honestly, it's NOT a girls nite out kind of event. Think; little kids dressed in COSTUMES, nite out! There may have been 10 kids for every adult there last year. And most of those were under 10. Most of the adults looked to be parents and WEREN'T DRESSED in costumes! U can go in that oufit if u like. U may get a LOT of disapproving looks, tho! The Disney folks were nice as pie to me. (Mask excepted!)

I strongly recommend that girls going to Anaheim Disneyland wear a Disney type of costume. NOT sexy, raunchy or outragious! That way, u can interact with the folks that r there, kids and their parents, in a positive way! Dressed as Cindy, I had a ball!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    That... That's the most badass thing I've seen all day.
    Congratulations.

P.S.: His headband goes over his left eye, to cover his sharingan eye.

Look closely. I have a sharingan eye contact lens in.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin-the-Nerd View Post
    Look closely. I have a sharingan eye contact lens in.
    And so you do.
    Still, he covers it up with the headband around 99% of the time.

I'm not saying to go crazy or anything like that but for me and my wife where just started to out in public together so it's a good time to go out together as a normal as we can together and we can go see Derik and Romaine from out-Q we seen them last year but i was in drab mode this year i would be a women.

Those aren't approved of by Disney parks.
    I was like, 10 when there was a gay day at disneyland.
    There were more than a dozen couples making out (not that there's anything wrong with that), and I found 2 broken condoms in the men's restroom after I saw a couple of men in red shirts leave there.
    Not sure if theirs, but if it was, that's pretty gross that they couldn't keep it in their pants until closing time.

I'm cool with gay people, and I'm pretty indifferent toward it, but just don't shove it down my throat, please?
    I]m sorry if i offended you but i was not trying to shove gay stuff down your throat but we are all human and it's a place for me and my wife can start feeling comfortable being out because as who i am we have a lot of hurdles to overcome and so do all of us so i am very sorry.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I don't see what you are fighting here. Disneyland is a children's park. There are any number of amazingly feminine "costumes" that could be worn. Be cool, and wear something that is "park friendly!". OMG there are so many things that could be worn with no issue at all!!!

tina

You may offend people by not respecting the spirit of the event. Its not about what you can get away with, it is about how you make it enjoyable for the other people/kids attending. I don't see anything technically wrong, but it may not be the best choice because most people would probably not figure out you are representing a character...maybe better for an adult event if you show skin. If I was going to do something like that, it would be as an easily recognizable character...for example, you could go as Arial... the kids would all think it was funny because they know who you are trying to be. The other thing that may help is really heavy makeup to look more cartoonish (well done, but heavy, bright colors etc).
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    I have gone to DisneyLand/World many times dressed. One would not gain entry to the park in the nude . I have also attended the Halloween celebration a few times. Make sure all skin from shoulders to mid thigh (except arms naturally) is covered. I have seen natal women/girls kept from entering because their mid section was bare or too much clevege was showing. When they say child appropriate, they mean child appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I have gone to DisneyLand/World many times dressed. One would not gain entry to the park in the nude . I have also attended the Halloween celebration a few times. Make sure all skin from shoulders to mid thigh (except arms naturally) is covered. I have seen natal women/girls kept from entering because their mid section was bare or too much clevege was showing. When they say child appropriate, they mean child appropriate.
    That's what the t-shirt will be for. I don't mind covering my stomach at all. I just don't want to have to change completely.

Quote Originally Posted by satin n lace View Post
    I]m sorry if i offended you but i was not trying to shove gay stuff down your throat but we are all human and it's a place for me and my wife can start feeling comfortable being out because as who i am we have a lot of hurdles to overcome and so do all of us so i am very sorry.
    You know, none of that was a sleight against you.
    It was about general inappropriate behavior at a place where kids go CONSTANTLY.
    That's all. There's really nothing family friendly about used condoms, and PDA between anyone of any gender are inappropriate at disneyland, because it raises questions people might not be ready to answer to their kids.
    That's all. None of that was intended toward you.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I think your girlfriend is just looking for a reason to bitch. Ariel and Jasmine, two of the iconic Disney princesses (especially Ariel) both show way more than that. I could actually see them having more objections to Kakashi, as it could potentially frighten small children.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Ever hear of "Bats Day" at Disneyland?

Bats Day Disneyland
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Why are "straight" dudes always so concerned about something being shoved down their thoat?

I hope you never see me before I complete my transition, as you will most certainly be offended. I will hold hands with my date, and he will put his arm around me and we may even stop under the shade to (gasp!) kiss. I sincerely hope kids see because they need to know that gay people exist, and they have a right to be free just like anybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Why are "straight" dudes always so concerned about something being shoved down their thoat?

I hope you never see me before I complete my transition, as you will most certainly be offended. I will hold hands with my date, and he will put his arm around me and we may even stop under the shade to (gasp!) kiss. I sincerely hope kids see because they need to know that gay people exist, and they have a right to be free just like anybody else.
    Ok, look, I agree with you that the "down my throat" line of hers was pretty harsh and over the line. But there's a really big difference between what you are describing here and what she was talking about. A quick, cute kiss versus hardcore making out are two very different things, but furthermore, there's absolutely no defending having sex in an open public bathroom where people can walk in anywhere, but especially not at DISNEYLAND.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    Ok, look, I agree with you that the "down my throat" line of hers was pretty harsh and over the line. But there's a really big difference between what you are describing here and what she was talking about. A quick, cute kiss versus hardcore making out are two very different things, but furthermore, there's absolutely no defending having sex in an open public bathroom where people can walk in anywhere, but especially not at DISNEYLAND.
    Well, I was thinking about something more than a quick kiss. Maybe we would sit there and kiss for a few minutes while I whispered my plans for later to him.

I don't recall defending sex in a public bathroom. Perhaps you should read my post again.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    Ever hear of "Bats Day" at Disneyland?

Bats Day Disneyland
    Is that the day when they invite the old bats to the park?