Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone been outed from this website?

I suspect that you are a lot more likely to get outed if you use other internet social media. The entire purpose of sites like Facebook is to track your personal info and sell it. If you want to be safe, it is a good idea to use a completely separate user account on your personal computer to keep male and female activities separate.

Personally, I am only discrete for my wife's sake, otherwise I would put up a picture of my female self at work. I look forward to a day when there is no fear of being out. Honestly, compared to wrestling and other mindless male activities, what is there to feel bad about??
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Well, there's also the aspect of identity theft involving the Internet that no one has touched on yet...

Yes, even if we post here either anonymously or with a pseudonym and don't even show pictures of our male counterparts in the male/female mode thread, what is to stop anyone from copying our picture from here (or from flickr, or photobucket etc.) and then passing themselves off as us? The truth of the matter is that once you post something on the Internet, you effectively lose control over it.

Just for the fun of it, google your own femme name and see what comes up from that search - you would be amazed! And the more social networking sites you post on, the higher the chances are that they may be cross-linked in ways that we cannot even imagine.

For instance, my male self does not have a facebook account, whereas "Leslie" does. On the other hand, "he" is on LinkedIn for business purposes, while she is not. Yet somehow, "Leslie's" make up artist suddenly popped up on LinkedIn as a person that "he" might know, and as a recommended contact. No real harm done, but how the devil that happened is beyond me since I keep both personas totally separate - or so I thought!
    Further to my concern about identity theft which I raised in my prior post above - here is likely a case in point:

The attached link to Wikipedia on the subject of "crossdressing" shows photographs of typical crossdressers to illustrate what is presented in the accompanying text. One of the individuals shown is clearly vanessatevesti, who is an active member of our forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossdressing

I wonder if whoever posted that picture had her permission to do so...?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Further to my concern about identity theft which I raised in my prior post above - here is likely a case in point:

The attached link to Wikipedia on the subject of "crossdressing" shows photographs of typical crossdressers to illustrate what is presented in the accompanying text. One of the individuals shown is clearly vanessatevesti, who is an active member of our forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossdressing

I wonder if whoever posted that picture had her permission to do so...?
    The Wikipedia file history indicates that she posted the picture herself. Clearly not afraid of having pictures out there.

Its very unlikely you get outed by a random picture

1) why would they find the pic - they are part of the community
    2) are they an admirer - ???
    3) How are they going to explain it- as in where they found it
    4) chances of recognition - Low I would suggest

I have posted my pic here on a few occasions I have even been pictured in public

The public pic was shown to people who know Shelly and they missed me in the pic- unbelieveable

I guess I should not stand at the front lol
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Thanks everyone, even though there are some small risks, I finally summoned up the courage to post my pic (see the picture gallery). I hope I don't regret it later, but right now it feels great to have taken that next step!

Ok… spent a little time trying to see if I could google my femme self and came up with one hit, but that was only my old, fictitious avatar. What, I need to post a more attractive picture?
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    How true this is: I forgot to log off about a year ago and we had some family over. Yes , I did close out the site but the cookies were saved in the tool bar. My neice came over and wanted to use the computer and decided to see what sites I visited. Well she clicks on , no only did she see all the threads that I had visited she found my profile. To this day and she is young about 8 she hasn't said anything to anyone but she did ask if I was denise for some reason we seem closer. These young kids know more about computers than we think!!!
    I have my user ID password protected, and I have set up a separate use ID for my daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    Ok… spent a little time trying to see if I could google my femme self and came up with one hit, but that was only my old, fictitious avatar. What, I need to post a more attractive picture?
    Just something to be aware about. Your milage may vary. I may post more revealing info on the other forums, e.g., O&A.

The search engines have different search rules. Did you try Yahoo! or bing?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.