Thread: Masks

Masks

So I've always seen masks on TV and everything, but they obviously aren't very real. And any that I've seen in youtube videos or whatever look ridiculously fake. But I stumbled upon this the other day: http://www.transgendered.net/CFXmask.html

Edit: After looking at it again, I see what you're all saying.
    Last edited by helencarpenter; 09-09-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helencarpenter View Post
    So I've always seen masks on TV and everything, but they obviously aren't very real. And any that I've seen in youtube videos or whatever look ridiculously fake. But I stumbled upon this the other day: http://www.transgendered.net/CFXmask.html

Pricey, sure. But doesn't that look ridiculously realistic? I feel like someone could pass with that.
    It doesn't really look that realistic.
    If you so afraid of what other people think that you feel as though you need to wear a mask to leave your house dressed as you, then you're probably better off not going out at all.
    That mask looks like a male face with overly-shaved eyebrows.
    So, $800 for a mask that looks like a male face, which I already possess.
    It kind of seems like cheating.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Helen-

I looked the masks over about a year ago & saw that one. There are some similar on ebay, but there are also some even more obvious ones (less realistic). In short, I was scared to shave off my goatee at the time & thought it might be a way to go. Instead, I got past my mental roadblock. You can certainly go that route & would not be alone...I think there are more than a couple girls here who present publicly with them. As for the real question, is it passable? I doubt you'd fool anyone. It is a huge investment to not get what you are hoping for.

Far be it from me to tell anyone how to go about living their life, but if you are gonna be "read" anyway, consider being yourself.

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

I'm not saying I'm buying it...just that it looked interesting.

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    I obviously misunderstood. My bad.

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    You can dream all you want but those masks are down right creepy. I have seen people wearing these and they look like a store maniquin that is animated. It made me feel really uncomfortable.

If it looked that realistic they would've pictured it being worn.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Gold Member
    Wow! They cost as much as a Pick-Up truck.
    I do not see any real Fem look in the Mask, Maybe it just hides your 5 O' Clock shadow.
    Rader

Danni Renee's GG SO Deana ♥ Danni's Avatar
    They really gave me the creeps sorry.

i would acutaly like to be made up like they do in the movies with peaces that would move with my actual face and really look real . that would just be awwwwwwsoooome but untill then a good wig and some foundations will doo

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    The mask kinda looks like the creature in the movie Splice. But no matter what, such masks do not look real and will only make you look like a walking mannequin.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Well folks, there are more than one of our lovely ladies hear that use masks with great success. They look much more real than the one referenced here. If they make the user happy, that is great and more than fine for me. We, in essence, all put on masks as we transform ourselves from one gender to another. If it gives the wearer the confidence and enjoyment that I get when I dress up, so much the better. They are only creepy when you see them for the first few times. Just like us as we try to blend and pass in the real world. The more we see them the less we feel uncomfortable in their presence. Give em a break.

I enjoy being me! And I love the feel of my makeup way too much to cover it up with 'the' rubber look!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: