Thread: Names and Title of Things?

Silver Member

Question Names and Title of Things?

The other day I was getting a boring men's haircut and as I was waiting I glanced through the menu of services and there under Men's Services was Hand Detailing and Foot Tune Up, aka mani/pedi. I wondered if the name change has increased men making appointments.
    This got me thinking about whether there are other examples of this in other stores/ areas?
    What is your thought on how this affects how John Q. Macho reacts to this stuff? For me I can't see it influencing me but then again I'm registered on this forum. What do you think/ Other examples?

Platinum Member
    I was surprised to learn that detailing a car was a fancier (and more expensive) term for washing and vacuuming my car.

I like the term "manscaping"! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    Out of curiosity, did it include nail polish as well? (clear or otherwise)

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think I will go along with Karren on this one!

Kim, detailing a car means much more than washing and vacuuming it. The job is more expensive because they do so much more cleaning, in places you probably never even thought of!! It is most often done to make the car look like a completely new car!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, If you asked for something like that at my barber shot you would probably get the $#!+ kicked out of you.

Orchid

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I think I will go along with Karren on this one!

Kim, detailing a car means much more than washing and vacuuming it. The job is more expensive because they do so much more cleaning, in places you probably never even thought of!! It is most often done to make the car look like a completely new car!
    Stephanie - You've never seen me clean my car

I havn't been in a barber shop since I was 16! A girl has no reason to be there!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Stephanie - You've never seen me clean my car
    I open all the doors and get out the leaf blower!! 175 mph winds beat a vacuum any day! Lol.

.......My Photos

As far as mani/pedi's go, I feel like the stigma that most men have about coming across as femme is slowly fading. Mani/pedi's have become popular among upper class men to keep well-groomed. Obviously, there was the whole "Metrosexual" thing that seemed to, at least lose it's label. I never even feel challenged by getting a mani/pedi anymore when I go in male mode, tattoos and all!

In many cities the ofer a Manzilian? Just like a Brazilian.... Any guy can go get his peep waxed!! Lol

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Out of curiosity, did it include nail polish as well? (clear or otherwise)
    It wasn't mentioned in the description. It said "optional quick buff". I think mentioning polish would have undone any of the other BS may have accomplished.

Gold Member
    One of the terms that seems newer to me is "gently used". So the clothes you buy at Goodwill are going to be gently used. I'd like to see them say that about a used hammer!

Silver Member

What about the Guys who wait outside the lingerie departments????

As for the guys that this works on, doesn't it indicate a real insecurity? I have been getting facials, manicures and pedicure enmale because I want to regardless of what they are called. I feel the same way when I see a guy standing just outside the lingerie or women's department waiting for his SO to pick something. What is his fear? The clothes have never jumped of the rack onto me (Hey clothes, I still waiting for you to do this). If his buddies see him, they will still think he is whipped since he got dragged along by her to the mall. I think walking into the department takes more confidnece than standing on the edge peering in.