Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there anything more fem than lipstick?

is there anything more fem than lipstick?

sitting here typing having just applied lipstick. just the feel, taste, smell is so calming and at times exciting. It always connects me to a side of me I don't show others but is so a core part of who i am. does listick have this effect on you? If not what else does it for you?

I remember "borrowing" some when I was young...

It must had gone bad because I was immediately dry-heaving and desperately trying to get it off.
    More power to you ladies but count me out.

Same effect on me, yeppers...

)
    jenn

I think lipstick is the most fem thing of all! That's why you will never see me not wearing my lipstick! Hugs! And sweet kisses with a mark!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

maybe perfume, but it would be a close call as to which I find more feminine.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Revlon used to make lipstick that tasted and smelled so good. What happened?
    I have one tube left from several years ago, for special occasions. The color is not great, but the smell and taste are the best.

Can it be bought now?
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Silver Member
    When I was in high school I remember lipstick as being quite arousing. I loved it. That was a while ago. (the late 50s) Now, it seems, lipstick formulation has been improved so much that whatever that taste and smell was, it has long gone.

S

Call me odd.... But hands down the most fem thing I do is use an eye lash curler!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There are so many parts to the puzzle of getting Femme that it's hard to sort out the one which provides the most zing to the most people. I'd bet that wigs, breast forms, panties, thigh-highs or pantyhose, high heels and other items have their adherents.

Having said that, I'd have to say that I would never consider myself ready to go out on the town without lipstick. It is Essential to me.

Thumbs up

Ok, ok, ok! I'm bouncing up and down here (the coffee maybe?) but YES!!!!!

If there were just one thing, just one for me it would be LIPSTICK! When I see a woman applying it I CANNOT turn away!

I love applying it and even in drab I occassionally wear some very nude shades. The feeling of lipstick on my lips is just heavenly and applying it is the most tangible way to get in touch with my femme side. I was out last night and whipping out a compact after dinner to touch-up and reapply some of that MAC "Girl About Town" is just. . .

(Karren: Girl, you just kill me! Eyelash curler!?!?! They scare me!)

Oh, sadly, not my lips but my shade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh how I love lipstick I love to apply it, then use a lipliner to define my lips and give them that oh so perfect shape. Follow this upmwith a sip of a beverage and looking at the lip prints on the cup....

But, like Karen, I recently bought an eyelash curler andejoy usinthat too. Even in drab it's one of those sublte things you can do.
    Don't be a drag, just be a queen

While i think lipstick is very high up the list of feminine things, top of the list for me has to be a bra, without wearing one i just don't feel feminine at all.
    Katie

Definitely, applying lipstick is the final act of becoming feminine. It always brings peace to my hectic days.

I would say the most fem thing is hosiery (or maybe that's because it just happens to be my favourite). But as to just how vital lipstick is to the whole package, here's a true story: Last Saturday (the 3rd) I traveled to Toronto for Northbound Leather's monthly fetish night. I had everything from the main outfit, the alternate, three wigs to choose from, heels, hose, makeup, etc. selected and packed the night before. As I was doing my makeup, I realized that I'd remembered the false eyelashes, but forgot the damned glue! No huge deal, I reasoned; I'll just double down on the mascara. As I started to finish the rest of my face, I discovered that I'd also forgotten lip colouring--of ANY kind! Cursing my stupidity, I finished my makeup, put on everything else and stepped out my hotel door, determined to walk to the nearest drug store. This was a bit of a challenge, as I'd chosen that night to publicly debut a pair of 5" black patent closed-toe platforms, and I'd picked my hotel to be close enough for a brisk walk to the venue. Even though the drug store was on the way, it closed at 6pm and it was 9:45. The only remedy? Hail a cab to the nearest 24 hour drug store, walk in fully dressed, pick out a suitable shade (along with the aforementioned eyelash glue), wait in line, fish in purse for a $20 with long nail tips, then hail another cab to the venue. Damned lipstick cost me over $30 considering the cab fare!

But would I have walked into the club without it? Not on your life.
    Last edited by JustineFallow; 09-13-2011 at 10:09 PM.

I'm with Katie, its a bra for me too, but second place is lip gloss!

Banned Read only
    yes, panties are more fem than lipstick

Love & Respect....................TTara

Ime with you justine, hosiery and especially pantyhose, is the most fem thing. Nothing gets my juices flowing like a pair of pantyhose and some
    high heel shoes...dana.

BRA is is really the most fem thing. All the others are NOT inherently fem. It is just at this time of history only women are "permitted" to wear them and there for they are only associated with being fem.

Lipstick DOES not make one feminine. Hosiery was born out of Roman soldiers needing leg covering during cold weather campaigns. High heels were also born out of combat.

Egyptians of both sexes wore makeup of some design, and this came back after a long pause, in the renaissance. Of course the designs varied between men and women, but not all that much.

I like how I look with my stuff, but I don't feel anymore "femme" when in it. I feel like myself.

My point of this being none of these are inherently ANY gender, it is just men over time have been "forbidden" from indulging in them.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I agree lipstick have this added feeling AND look feminine combination. Just applying them makes me feel so feminine. I can say it's probably the #1 feminine feeling component but is only one of many anyway.

But I have to say, by far, the #1 thing to make me LOOK feminine is....... MASCARA!!

Aspiring Member
    Karen, I wish my lashes were long enough to use a curler. That makes lipstick right up there.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Call me odd.... But hands down the most fem thing I do is use an eye lash curler!!!

Personally since I have a nice set of 10 Natural Nails, Nail Polish is no. 1 followed by lip liner and lipstick.

Silver Member
    Oh the many things we enjoy which are of the feminine realm! How to choose numero uno? The 3 most mentioned in this post I think are bras, eyelash curler and of course lipstick. I would venture a say that none of these can be worn or used in a manly way.
    Even the most plain bra almost always has that cute little bow in the center.
    The necessity to sort of bat/flutter.half close your eyelids (now that is a macho pose, not) as you curl your lashes, not to mention the pretty look of your eyes when done.
    Now the process for lipstick is lining them, then a coat of lipstick while sort of pusng them followed by blotting and lip gloss, rough to do that looking masculine. Maybe if the shade is nude but not if it is pink, red, mauve... And then of course my fave part of wearing lipstick is seeing the cute outline on my coffee mug or wine glass!

We could argue till the bra straps lose their stretch, our lashes straighten, and the lipstick wears off which is tops but the way I see it they are all highly femme things. certainly honorable mention to long real or false painted fingernails. try to look tough while painting your fingers or toes... i haven't yet seen camo colored toe seperators?? have you!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I dont pass but the difference in my confidence level when I'm out and about is when I have my Lippy on,I feel so much more femme.so for that reason alone I have to say Lipstick is up there,along with wearing a nice skirt,hose and heels.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I LOVE lipstick!!! L'Oreal Colour Riche has great smell and taste! I wear #845 Tawny in drab, as it matches my lip color. I think Revlon has given up on smell and taste, at least in their mainstream lines.

lipstick, not so much. However, a fresh shave and hose really does a number on me. The meds I have to take for glaucoma make my eye lashes grow like mad and have turned them very dark. I don't like the dark under eyes that the meds make happen, cause I look like I'm crying half the time. Some side effect I like some I don't