Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious question

Aspiring Member
    A gay man does not need to dress like a woman to love another man. Gay men love each other. It is just that simple. I know I can not love another man so I am not gay, but sex with a man, well . . .

Kitty

I really have a hard time buying the "I like the way the clothes feel" I am a GG, and my cotton is the same as his cotton, my wool is the same as his wool. Male and female clothing are made out of the exact same materials. This is not the reason men want to wear womens clothing, I am not sure what the reason is as it make absolutely not sense to me. Clothing does not make us who we are, if one wants to feel feminine, ok, act feminine, think feminine clothing does not change who we are deep inside.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouslooker View Post
    How is it a man can desire to dress like a lady but not be interested in being gay?
    First thing that struck me... Im not sure people are interested in being gay. Are you interested in being straight? Assuming you are?
    You pretty much are what you are.
    You may as well ask a PC fan-boy why they arent interested in a Mac (we wont start that argument here though )
    Your question also kind of assumes that all women are attracted to men, and not all women are!

If what youre asking is "Why arent all cross dressers gay", then I guess your view on life is pretty black n white.
    Why do some of us dress for comfort and others for kink?
    Why dont we all wear high heels and drag make-up?

Sexuality is neither black or white, it is however nearly every shade of grey imaginable.
    I'll bet nobody has NEVER had a homosexual thought, but thoughts and actions are different, so thinking isn't gay? Right?
    Well what about "I think, therefore I am"? (Slightly skewed context)

Personally, I still fancy girls whatever Im wearing, guys just don't float my boat!
    Samantha -x-

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CINDYO View Post
    I really have a hard time buying the "I like the way the clothes feel" I am a GG, and my cotton is the same as his cotton, my wool is the same as his wool. Male and female clothing are made out of the exact same materials. This is not the reason men want to wear womens clothing, I am not sure what the reason is as it make absolutely not sense to me. Clothing does not make us who we are, if one wants to feel feminine, ok, act feminine, think feminine clothing does not change who we are deep inside.
    I beg to differ...I have yet to men's underwear that feels as good against my skin as a pair if satin panties.
    Clothing may originate from the same cotton, but the manufacturing process is far different. Men's sweatpants are thick and heavy, while the yoga pants I like are thin and stretchy...far more comfortable. A toothpick is made from the same wood as a baseball bat; does that make them the same? I think not.
    All through history, men's clothing has been thicker and more bulky, to help "protect the warrior", while women's clothing is soft and forgiving to be comfortable against soft delicate skin.

I also need to ask this:
    Is a woman that wears underwear styled after men's (Boyshorts, boy leg, boy brief) asked if she is gay?
    What about "boyfriend" jeans?
    And then there's the woman's business suit..styled to look like a man's suit...is she gay as well?
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Now here is a person that has no understanding of what a crossdresser is.
    And I mean that in the nicest possible way CINDYO!

And its fun too.

Hugs, SUZY

Aspiring Member
    "I like the way they feel." does go much deeper than just material. You are right about that. But as I posted, clothes do not make a person Gay either male or female.

You will get a lot of post on this one but I am glad you posted your question.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    I think it is more rejecting the mssculine role. I associate with women and most things feminine.
    This is exactly what i think at least it fits 100% for me: i don't want the masculine role and i associate with a certain female role but still i love and adore women.

The style, material and feel of women's clothing is very different from most men's clothing. They do not use the same cotton, wool or other material. The weave, knit and make is very different. The styles are very different. What item of men's clothing matches the comfort of a long flowing dress or skirt? And I have tried many many different underwear styles, men's and women's and the most comfortable for ME (material and design) are women's full bikini briefs. I can not find any men's underwear that is similar in material, cut, thickness or fit. I also prefer pastel soft colours and patterns.
    I have never questioned my sexuality, I am heterosexual.

My question would be, why does my choice of style, comfort and colour of clothing need to be based on my gender?

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    well you've been around here and have almost 100 posts. What do you think?

Hi, Cindyo,

As one woman to another. silk is worn by both & many other clothes are as well. for many its the Psychologial ,, & Emotional asspect of wearing what many women wore , doing what we can do without haveing to hide what we wear ,

it's because of a fear of being caught wearing clothes that are designed for us, a mind set thats shifted some what. for many males. a taboo. if you like. western thinking,

tho not the case in Renaissance times as youll be aware of for our group who do wear those clothes & no one would sugest other wise these big masculine men in garb . or lovely clothes all colours as well.

& i can make my clothes & i can choose the colours & fabric's .

...noeleena...

How can a man wear a cowboy hat, and not ride a horse, or engineer boots and not drive a train? The clothes are what I wear, not who I am. And no, men and women don't have the same cotton, and wool, or denim. My wife has tee shirts, that are 1/2 the weight of cotton as mine, mens nylon briefs are a heavier fabric too. Womens jeans are lighter, ans have a bit of stretch to them, mens are heavier and stiffer. I don't wear them because they feel better, I wear them because I feel better. And back to the gay thing, you do have to wonder, I thought about it, for a while, and I decided if I where gay, I would be turned on by guys, and I'm just not. I tried, I figured if I was wearing a dress , well maybe, but no, think about it as much as I could, never found a guy I could get into (no pun intended), it just ain't me!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

There are many of us here that agree with this sentiment Cindy. There are plenty of styles targeted at the fem gay crowd that are quite feminine but cut for men's bodies. This isn't about clothes, or the forms, wigs and makeup wouldn't be so important.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Platinum Member
    I'm curious why one would ask this question. So I'll ask a one: Why do you think that wearing clothes of a gender affects your sexual preference?

Silver Member
    Gender expression and sexual orientation are separate charactoristics! Most people are mostly undressed when they have sex, so the clothes they were wearing isn't a factor. As another poster said lipstick lesbian. Would a woman who wears he husband's shirt become a lesbian? I give women a lot of admiration for being able to find males attractive! I have no plans to transition but if I did I would be a transgendere lesbian. Many MtF TS's are still only attracted to women.
    Having reviewed curiouslooker's other posts i do have some concerns?

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    There are many of us here that agree with this sentiment Cindy. There are plenty of styles targeted at the fem gay crowd that are quite feminine but cut for men's bodies. This isn't about clothes, or the forms, wigs and makeup wouldn't be so important.
    No forms, wigs, or makeup here....(Ok, I do like polish on my toes!) it's purely about the clothes for me and what I feel comfortable in. It is not simply physical comfort, either. I sleep far better at night in a nighty, and my wife tells me all the time how much happier I have been since I am able to express my femminine side. I do not intend, nor do I try to pass as a woman. I do chose to keep my dressing in the privacy of my home (other than I underdress almost all the time). I simply feel very comfortable...at ease in women's clothing. It is a feeling I do not get in menswear. When I am not able to dress, I become irritable, edgy, stressed, and moody...wow, kind of like PMS! It is something I feel a strong NEED to do, and without it I feel incomplete.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Gay is a sexual attraction to others of the same sex. Dressing as a lady is more about feelings, looks, clothes, being treated like a lady etc. The great majority of crossdressers are heterosexual, although there are some that are bisexual.
    Hugs, Carole

If you want information, you can inquire of others who are in the know (that's us, for sure), which you have done. And you can do your own research: dress en femme and see if you suddenly like guys.

I don't know where you shop. Womans cloths are softer and and are strecthy and more flattering. Mens cloths are bulky and boxy and stiff. The color choices are so much more attractive. Mens colors are boring in that they usually a blue, grey, black. Over the past few years I've noticed that they have added more colors to mens wear but the shades still seem pale in comparision to womans cloths. I would not say that is why I cross dress but I can say is that it does not hurt. Oh and don't get me started on the shoes. Woman have 1000's of choices and men have basic styles to choose from. Same as cloths mens shoes are brown, black,tan and white in sneakers. Oh occasionally you might see a colored shoe but they are just plain ugly. I know woman are the prettier species but men need alot of help to look nice.Maybe because we are minority that the manufactures and designers don't give us better choices.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Follow your dream.
    The mindset of many crossdressers aligns closely with a female lipstick lesbian: love girly stuff and sexually attracted to women. Different strokes for different folks.

How is it a man can desire to dress like a lady but not be interested in being gay?
    I guess a lot of us are gay if we're dressed like a lady and we have relations with gg's! Guess it makes us lesbians.....

How is it that a person can like anchovy pizza, and not like to go fishing?
    How is it that a tall person would not like playing basketball?

Personal and sexual preferences are not the same thing. They only seem related if you only consider standard males and females. Humans have a high enough intellect that there are thousands of different aspects to gender. In the average person, they tend to be skewed toward typical male or female. That is just a general trend, not a rule. In reality, most people have a more diverse gender state than they allow, because traditional male/female socialization inhibits gender diversity.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Answers are all over the place here. We are all different. One can no more say what a crossdresser likes or wants to be than one can say the same thing about a black person, white person, etc.

Me, I like to dress up and "pretend" to be female. I don't know why, don't really care why. I don't want to be a woman, and I don't think or act like a woman.

I am curious how it would feel to be a woman and have sex with a man, but I'm in no way attracted to men sexually so it's not going to happen.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Simple. Crossdressing( gender enhancement) is simply a form of one's self expression of their feminine side. It has nothing to do with one's sexual attraction to male or female. When on femme, which is pretty much every day at some point for me, I consider myself a lesbian sexually, but only when on femme. Otherwise, in drab persona, I am heterosexual. One does not have to be transgender to be attracted to men sexually and conversely, just because one is transgender, does not mean they are attracted to men sexually. We are all wired differently.

Silver Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    If you want information, you can inquire of others who are in the know (that's us, for sure), which you have done. And you can do your own research: dress en femme and see if you suddenly like guys.

Nicole, That is so clever!! I can't wait to see what Curiouslooker has for a reply! Curiouslooker are you still here?
    I guess you can become Bi if you walk into the women's section of a store, which would finally explain why you see so many guys stand just outside and peer in.

It's really funny that there are many flavors of expressing the female that is within us. Some prefer to consider themselves as their genetic gender, and only be female when cross dressing.

I'm one who really sees myself as more female than male and cross dressing is a way to validate that. However, you can say that I'm gay, because I'm not attracted to the male form. Person must be female whether genetic gender is male or female.

That actually makes me a lesbian...