Thread: Working like a "real boy"....Not a fun world for this girl

Working like a "real boy"....Not a fun world for this girl

Rogina has been away from home[Ft Lauderdale] and has been in New England since June.Rogina travels with Roger and gets out anywhere she can. It has been a busy,dirty Summer doing commercial marine work in a VERY TRANSAPHOBIC,HOMOPHOBIC [just phobic..lol] work world. I won't miss it when the work ends and Roger and Rogina return home. We have a very long way to go toward convincing most to accept our lifestyle.Anyone in an accepting workplace is very lucky to have one. Seems like the general public has better acceptance than "friends" do.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

You should check out the Sisters groups while you are in New England. I used to be bored to death when I traveled to MA until I hooked up with those folks. They have several groups in the area, such as Sisters of Boston, Sisters of Manchester, Sisters of . . . well, you get the idea.
    Ashley is the founder of the group and can tell you if there is anything close to you: http://www.facebook.com/AshleyGirlieGirl

I certainly hear and understand your plight Rogina
    Take care

I live in New England and wonder what would happen if people knew too.

I grew up there as well... Just keep in mind P-Town is right around the corner... I think there is a ferry that heads straight over there too! Though it might be the end of season for it soon. Still only a few hour drive and it is like Vegas, what happens in P stays in P...

Silver Member
    There is also the Tiffany Club in Boston, they have been around forever. www.tcne.org

It's ironic than many of us try to hide our transgender side, the feminine side, so well, that we train others to see us ONLY as a male, as a man.

When we allow others to express intolerance for any kind of diversity, including race, religeon, gender, sexual preference, or gender identity, we lock ourselves into our own Jocky shorts.

Well,I am out and about everywhere and anywhere it is just that I miss the world I have at home where I don't have to pretend to be "a real man"..lol I have friends here as I am from here,but,in order to make a living,I have to be around such phobic people that are so intolerant...and I only wish I didn't have to be "a real boy" in order to decently support my family. We are definitely disconnected,for sure..our wants from theirs.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Gee, I find the northeast rather tolerant. Rogina are you in a "bubble" created by your work that hems you in so?

So sorry that you must deal with this.

tina

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    There is an irony here. You see you talk about acceptance. The sad thing is you have it. You and many many others just dont realize you do. The reason you dont realize it is because your thinking like a trans person. If you were to walk out in the world dressed in whatever presentation you wish with confidence and normalicy people would not care about you. Now what I mean is you would learn to keep your mouth shut about trans stuff with other people,, (I promise you they will never understand and very likely dont want to understand), you would dress appropriately so you fit in as a normal person and finally you carried yourself with confidence as if you belong in the environment.

Now the people that get crap from society are the ones that will not learn to keep thier mouth shut. They ramble on to people that have no understanding about trans stuff and then hope for acceptance. They might get lucky and be accepted as a tranny but sure as hell not a woman.

So back to the basic lesson here. Learn to keep your mouth shut and walk in the world with confidence and present yourself in a way that fits in.

Really simple but so hard for so many to grasp.

Katie

Kate,I think you read me the wrong way. I have no trouble blending in and i have no trouble not talking about our world. What i was commenting on was how phobic the workplace can be and how tiring this becomes. In Ft Lauderdale,like you,I do as I please.In the blue collar "get it done world",like you came from,they tend to be very phobic and would never understand. We are very lucky to have so much of the population adopting a live and let live attitude toward anyone possibly different.I go about my business in the public eye without any hassles ever,anywhere I've been...and sure,I have a thick skin as well.

Rogina the thing you are saying about the real boy is why I choose my profession ,as I knew I was different from the other boys at the time I was growing up.
    To make a long story short I am an RN charge nurse and yes the department knows about my crossdressing but I am accepted for what I do not what I am.
    Hope I didn't step on any toes here but trying to be friendly.
    Love Miss Millie

You are correct, as far as work place goes, I am VERY Lucky.

I am a school bus driver, and our school district has specific policies that apply to, and I quote from the " Board Policy ", which states "prohibits unlawful discrimination against and/or harassment of District employees or job applicants on the basis of their actual or perceived gender or gender identity/expression "
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/